Using Tone on ARC-159 causes SRS and radio issues in MP

laxentis

Hi

Today we were flying a mission in multiplayer and I kinda tempted the pilot to try out the tone button.

After pressing the button (and releasing) the button, the tone did not stop. Instead it was constantly being emitted intermittently and rendered all of our radios inoperable - we were unable to talk to the tankers, ATC, carrier.

Also, the tone continued to be played with UHF-1 (and even both radios) off. Moreover, turning all electrical power off still didn't stop the tone from being emitted.

The only way of getting rid of the sound was muting the in-helmet audio (very suboptimal workaround).

My pilot was recording the bug, I'll ask him to post the video here.

The other pilots were hearing a constant tone over in-game audio that we were unable to stop. You can hear the example here:

Edited by laxentis
As Barus pointed out

Video from described mission:

From my point of view, in one moment all players on the server got a pulsing tone like on the video. We discovered one way to mute this sound, after change "helmet" volume to 0%, we have received the long-awaited silence

It wasn't SRS sound, only transmited via DCS to all players

When the tone button was pressed, a beep sounded on the radio remote control panel. All a dozen people on the mission heard the beeping. Disabling and resetting the SRS did not help. At the end you can see that even turning off the power did not kill "The Beep".