DCS World v1.2.6 | Su-25/Su-25T Gunpods | PROGR Not Working

Psyrixx

Haven't seen this posted yet.

Flying the Su-25 or the Su-25T and mounted 4xGunPods. Selecting the gun pods (ripple x2 or ripple x4) and then activating the laser should set the gun pods into PROGR mode, where the pods will fire a burst of gunfire at the same spot on the ground for the duration of the trigger pull or the length of the set salvo. The dial on the weapons panel correctly selects PROGR mode, but the PROGR mode does not seem to lock the guns to the ground when the trigger is pulled.

Tested with Ripple set to x2 and x4 with no difference. Does not matter if I am within engagement range or outside of engagement range. Does not matter if the guns are set to fire a set salvo or set to fire for duration of trigger pull.

Gun Pods DO slave vertically to a locked point/target in the Shkval in the Su-25T.

The behavior is identical in both the Su-25 and Su-25T.

:pilotfly:

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

hi psyrixx

when you set cut off burst by pressing shift+c and prog mode by activating laser the barrels lock on where you hold trigger and you should maneuver the plane to see the barrels are still on target.it works for me like fc2

su25t has more options to do this like autopilot but they are same.

hi psyrixx

when you set cut off burst by pressing shift+c and prog mode by activating laser the barrels lock on where you hold trigger and you should maneuver the plane to see the barrels are still on target.it works for me like fc2

su25t has more options to do this like autopilot but they are same.

I've tried it with both cut off burst and full auto and neither setting keeps the barrels on target.

As stated in my original post:

7 - A2G Mode

LCtrl + Space - switch x2 ripple OR x4 ripple, setting makes no difference

RShft + O - laser on

Space - Trigger

No locking

LShft + C - Switch Gun Cut Burst Off

Space - Trigger

No locking

I have only been testing in multiplayer (with my machine as host), it is possible the bug is multiplayer only. Will test again today in an instant mission or single player and see if it is still broken. As stated in my original post, the PROGR dial on the front panel switches correctly to the PROGR setting, the gun simply does not lock/track the ground/target that is being lased, the guns continue to strafe along with the forward motion of the plane.

i tried gunpod on su-25t and you are right Psyrixx, it does not work on su25t in program mode.another bug added

but when i use autopilot the barrels stay on taget which i locked on.

before this i checked it on su25 and no problem with that. (i was testing on su25 when i said it works in last posts , sory about that :doh:).

Gun Pods DO slave vertically to a locked point/target in the Shkval in the Su-25T.

actually it is working as expected, the sppu-22 gunpod is only capable of 30 degrees of elevation travel and no traverse so while the computer adjust for elevation, the pilot needs to keep the target aligned horizontally.

the sppu-6 (with a 6 barrel 23mm gatling) is the one that can traverse up to 45 deg sideways but it is not present in dcs.

Edited by tase

actually it is working as expected, the sppu-22 gunpod is only capable of 30 degrees of elevation travel and no traverse so while the computer adjust for elevation, the pilot needs to keep the target aligned horizontally.

the sppu-6 (with a 6 barrel 23mm gatling) is the one that can traverse up to 45 deg sideways but it is not present in dcs.

I can be diving straight at the target (so in theory 0 - 30 degrees elevation travel at the most) and the guns do not stick to the ground properly. Compared to the in-game tutorial where it is demonstrated by Wags, I'm attacking exactly the same way but the reticle does not 'stick' to the point I start firing at as it does for him.

I'm not looking for horizontal traversal. The gun does not stick to a fixed point as it should when I strafe vertically over a target unless said target is locked via the Skval. But I shouldn't need to use the Skval for PROGR mode to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Just tested the gunpods on Su-25T and they are working correctly.

1. lock at point on ground or unit with Shkval

2. turn laser on

The gunpod will track at locked/lased point/target provided the barrel has enough "elevation" to aim at that point... if you are few Km away from target and your nose points right at it, the gunpod barrel will be looking straight at it also (in straight line) but you have to consider the gravity pulls the bullets down so the gun barrel has to aim higher and not in straight line... but it can't do that because the barrel can't aim higher because its limited by the pod itself.

If you are higher up and further away you need to fly more level and not dive down, this way you allow barrel to look down and compensate for bullet drop due to large distance.

No longer active in DCS...

I will test this afternoon. Heading out to possibly get a puppy!

These are the steps and how I expected the gun pods to work, but it was not how they worked prior to the last two patches. More info once I test.'

edit:

Actually, locking with Skval was never an issue. My issue was the mode that is supposed to lock on a point when you pull the trigger independent of locking with Skval. I'm talking about the Programmed Point Track Mode, as demonstrated here before the Skval targeting mode.

Rather than lock when you fire the gun, the gun pods do not track at all, despite the laser being on and no roll introduced in the strafing run.

Edited by Psyrixx

Confirmed—in the vanilla Su-25, when the laser is on and the gunpods are depressed below boresight, the weapons control system knob turns to 'PROG', and the gun pods track the point at which they were initially fired. When the laser is off, the weapons control system knob turns to 'FIKS' and the guns stay at a fixed down angle.

In the Su-25T, when the laser is on, the Shkval is off, and the guns are depressed, the weapons control system knob turns to 'PROG', but the guns don't track. Turning the laser off moves the knob to 'FIKS', and the guns behave in the same way.

With the Shkval on, the guns work more or less as expected, although I had trouble making them hit with autopilot on, and the guns weren't firing a full burst before cutting off. (The autopilot may have been introducing pitch changes faster than the guns could correct for them.)

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

• 1 year later...