JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

Probably asked before but: WHY OH WHY ONLY 2 1v1 AREAS??

I love your server, wish there was space for more 1v1, most of the times the slots are taken and you have to wait a long time.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Probably asked before but: WHY OH WHY ONLY 2 1v1 AREAS??

I love your server, wish there was space for more 1v1, most of the times the slots are taken and you have to wait a long time.

Hi Thunder !

Has been asked many times indeed. The answer is fragmentation.

Our servers are supposed to be places where we play with many others, not private one-on-one matches.

The 1v1 slots are provided as a learning/teaching and ofc fun areas.

But if you count the isolated areas (2 x 1v1, guns, AIR and WW2) you may see 6 people connected and still not a single human in some area.

Still, I was saying the same before we had 2 1v1 areas, so asking is not a waste of time. You never know :)

Have fun !

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi I can't join the server, my Nick is JRM please help!!!

Hi JRM !

I see you logged in the Stable server today (27-FEB-2020)

I assume the issue is resolved ?

I have another server (with password) for stability tests. I hope you are not trying to connect to that one.

Cheers

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

My buddy "DaveOcean" introduced me to your server and I am blown away by it (literally....frequently LOL). Love the variety of areas and we always manage to find action.

We fly the F15C which is a damn fine aircraft and always manage to find some very good dog fights on your server.

One thing that we find curious is that when you take off and bank right and then go to the end of the beach and head towards the mountains you always get a radar hit on an enemy Mig29 which is impossible to catch! I was doing 700 knots at low level and never caught him and in the end turned around without being able to engage him or him engage me and my buddy just remarked "Oh that's a ghost". Just curious as to what it actually is as hes always in the same location.

Anyways 10 out of 10 for an immensely playable server and look forward to getting back on in the morning

Best Regards

DW2020

My buddy "DaveOcean" introduced me to your server and I am blown away by it (literally....frequently LOL). Love the variety of areas and we always manage to find action.

We fly the F15C which is a damn fine aircraft and always manage to find some very good dog fights on your server.

One thing that we find curious is that when you take off and bank right and then go to the end of the beach and head towards the mountains you always get a radar hit on an enemy Mig29 which is impossible to catch! I was doing 700 knots at low level and never caught him and in the end turned around without being able to engage him or him engage me and my buddy just remarked "Oh that's a ghost". Just curious as to what it actually is as hes always in the same location.

Anyways 10 out of 10 for an immensely playable server and look forward to getting back on in the morning

Best Regards

DW2020

Hi DW2020.

Many thanks for your nice post !

The Mig29 is the first airplane that ever flew on our server ! The idea (some 4 years back ?) was to have a small server for air to air practice. So an AI unit was needed to have someone to fight with no other players connected.

This is run by the software and it's mission is to engage anything hostile. If shot down, it automatically respawns. But update after update has gotten very, very frustrated, and depending on the amount of bugs it does weird things at times... You get the picture.

I've been meaning to make it so it only appears if only one player is in the AIR area, but never really did it.

So, there you have it, the story of the one plane that has been flying non stop for as long as the server exists.

On a side note, check the menu under "\ , F10 Other , F2 JDF SPAWN" menu if you want to spawn more units to practice.

Enjoy !

Cheers

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi Thunder !

Has been asked many times indeed. The answer is fragmentation.

Our servers are supposed to be places where we play with many others, not private one-on-one matches.

The 1v1 slots are provided as a learning/teaching and ofc fun areas.

But if you count the isolated areas (2 x 1v1, guns, AIR and WW2) you may see 6 people connected and still not a single human in some area.

Still, I was saying the same before we had 2 1v1 areas, so asking is not a waste of time. You never know :)

Have fun !

Hey, thanks for the answer and most of all, thanks for the server, it's my favourite because I have little time an dI can quickly jump in and fight.

Anyway I see your point, but still please consider adding one or two more areas. I have been online quite a lot lately and I can tell you, there is definitely a small "club" of people that come specifically for the 1v1 with others. We have a few rounds then exchage slots with someone else. A lot of good times and generally very nice attitude form everyone :thumbup:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Hey guys,

Another awesome evening on your server flying wingman for my buddy DaveOcean. Noticed one player flying a Spitfire, but I had to punch out before I could take a look as I was BINGO fuel sadly.

Anyways keep up the awesome work with your server because you are doing it GREAT!

Out

DW2020

Hi DW2020.

Many thanks for your nice post !

The Mig29 is the first airplane that ever flew on our server ! The idea (some 4 years back ?) was to have a small server for air to air practice. So an AI unit was needed to have someone to fight with no other players connected.

This is run by the software and it's mission is to engage anything hostile. If shot down, it automatically respawns. But update after update has gotten very, very frustrated, and depending on the amount of bugs it does weird things at times... You get the picture.

I've been meaning to make it so it only appears if only one player is in the AIR area, but never really did it.

So, there you have it, the story of the one plane that has been flying non stop for as long as the server exists.

On a side note, check the menu under "\ , F10 Other , F2 JDF SPAWN" menu if you want to spawn more units to practice.

Enjoy !

Cheers

Ahhh that explains it! I went BINGO fuel chasing him Tonight and he was still getting away from me!!

Hes a fast mover for sure!!

Out

DW2020

"THAT" Mig-29

Hi There,

The AI Mig-29 that is always up to the North of the beach and towards the mountains is almost impossible to lock onto. My budy and I tried and tried earlier Today and neither of us no matter how close we got could get missile lock on him.

Also, any chance we could have a few more AI aircraft at random locations?

Cheers

DW

(Rattler21)

This comment is a response from Eagle Dynamics. The F-15C was tested by actual F-15C SME's and they were quite happy with it, one in fact stated it flew better in DCS than the military sims they use. Thanks. NineLine/Norm

Author DCS World by Eagle Dynamics Jared Hack The F-15C was tested by actual F-15C SME's and they were quite happy with it, one in fact stated it flew better in DCS than the military sims they use. Thanks.

Nine Line/Norm

11h Like Reply

Author DCS World by Eagle Dynamics Jared Hack The F-15C was tested by actual F-15C SME's and they were quite happy with it, one in fact stated it flew better in DCS than the military sims they use. Thanks.

Nine Line/Norm

11h Like Reply

Interesting. I do recall other F-15C pilot said its actually underpowered. But he also said there was some kind of engine tuning between peace and wartime thou.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Are you guys ever going to fix Tacview recordings for this server? Pretty please?

Hi there.

Fixing and enabling is two different things. Cannot be enabled on this connection. Bandwidth is limited.

Maybe if server is moved along with main server.

Cheers

🙂 Smile 🙂

Right, guys

Having a great time on the jdf multi the last few days!

Due to Corona situation, we see a lot of players constantly logged in, quite a blast!

I m fully proficient with the hornet and enjoy every aspect of it's ACM abilities and I have no issue with IFF and target I'd...

But,

2 weeks ago, I got myself the Tomcat as a present.

It's an amazing machine, really BUT a loooot harder to get your SA right. And Jester is sometimes creating more confusion in the great furballs we see there.

If I lock a friendelly, he usually tels me when we are a bit further but in close, iff is good to nothing...

I m still learning it..

SO, to make it short,

MY APOLOGIES FOR THE FRIENDLY KILLS!

Got me kicked out of the room all right but still, sorry. Hope to come back soon

BR

Vixe

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

You can also tell him with about 3 or 4 quick key strokes to shut the f up. :) . I think twice "A" then 8 and 2 . Takes about 2 seconds max.

Haven't done it for a while now as I enjoy his jabberings ocasionally , helpful too

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

Anyone else getting ridiculously bad FPS only on this server? (previously to todays patch at least)? Specifically on a merge in the 1v1 area, it will freeze for a split second right when the other guy passes me, and then also randomly would go down to like unplayably bad 15-25fps. Never seen such bad performance in DCS.