Helicopters Tournament 9

Alpenwolf

Round 10 is ready to go! Will be announced soon once I have a date for it in April.

NOTE:

The last rounds with guns only have shown some balanced odds for both coalitions to a certain degree. The obvious was that the UH-1's guns were having a hard time causing enough damage to Ka-50's. Therefore, the next round will allow guns only except for the UH-1. Only the Huey is allowed to have rockets onboard. This might give Hueys a better chance against Ka-50's. Still, more drag, less maneuverability, etc. but it's an additional option nonetheless.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 10 is ready to go! Will be announced soon once I have a date for it in April.

NOTE:

The last rounds with guns only have shown some balanced odds for both coalitions to a certain degree. The obvious was that the UH-1's guns were having a hard time causing enough damage to Ka-50's. Therefore, the next round will allow guns only except for the UH-1. Only the Huey is allowed to have rockets onboard. This might give Hueys a better chance against Ka-50's. Still, more drag, less maneuverability, etc. but it's an additional option nonetheless.

Your proposal conversely destroys the balance.

Decision variant:

1. It will take 5 seconds to clear a FARP from troops with a UH-1's salvo of missiles. While the red team without missiles will have to spend some 1.5 minutes with KA-50, the mi-8 will have to spend 3 minutes.

2. In the last tournament 9, both teams spent approximately the same time clearing FARPS off the troopers.

3. To equalize the odds I propose to allow Mi-8 to carry 2 rocket blocks (S8B20).

Your proposal conversely destroys the balance.

Decision variant:

1. It will take 5 seconds to clear a FARP from troops with a UH-1's salvo of missiles. While the red team without missiles will have to spend some 1.5 minutes with KA-50, the mi-8 will have to spend 3 minutes.

2. In the last tournament 9, both teams spent approximately the same time clearing FARPS off the troopers.

3. To equalize the odds I propose to allow Mi-8 to carry 2 rocket blocks (S8B20).

sa 342 cannot clear infantry from a landing zone like the ka-50.. it takes a s long as the huey. and the mi-8..

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

One burst from the GUV pods on the Mi-8 and hell is unleashed, while the Huey needs loads and loads of bursts to kill a soldier.

It's an experiment. First it was all weapons were allowed and Blue won 3 out of the first 4 or 5 rounds. Over the time Red gathered more experience I guess and won all the other 4-5 rounds. Ka-50 pilots were simply killing it with their Vikhr's. Standing off and firing missiles from a 7 km distance or so. Hence the weapons' restrictions. With guns only it seems a bit more balanced if it only wasn't for the Huey's ineffictive guns. Not sure how accurate that is. Be it the guns on the Huey or the damage model of the Ka-50. Gazelles seem to fare much better against Ka-50's. Yet again they have a much better gun. Who knows.

Adding the rockets is only a test. We'll see what happens.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

its actually more realistic now.

the windows of the ka-50 are rated against 14.5 - 20mm fire.

and the cockpit is an armoured tub.

with engines further apart so one hit wont take them both out.

its why the view is so restricted compared to the other helicopters.

huey cutting them in half with ease was unrealistic.

it is a flying tank.

it is the only true combat helicopter in the game.

so as a huey pilot i am not complaining about that.

infantry needing 4 hits though does my head in...

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

its actually more realistic now.

the windows of the ka-50 are rated against 14.5 - 20mm fire.

and the cockpit is an armoured tub.

with engines further apart so one hit wont take them both out.

its why the view is so restricted compared to the other helicopters.

huey cutting them in half with ease was unrealistic.

it is a flying tank.

it is the only true combat helicopter in the game.

so as a huey pilot i am not complaining about that.

infantry needing 4 hits though does my head in...

Round 10 will have infantries and trucks at the land zones by default. You will need the rocket pods as a Huey pilot, I suppose.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Round 10 will have infantries and trucks at the land zones by default. You will need the rocket pods as a Huey pilot, I suppose.

which causes more lag? huey firing for longer or rocket bursts?

2-3 huey all firing on infantry for ages did cause some lag.

but it was pretty. (i flew in VR)

yes try rocket pods as a test.

not like the huey can carry many.

and as they dont auto aim like the mini guns, they are not as much of an advantage as they seem.

i am out of practise with rockets :)

Edited by Quadg

Shadow is talking that Mi-8 should get rockets either. I'm fully for this opinion: Ka-50 vs Gazelle are equal, but now Huey got some advantage against Mi-8.

Chopper pilots make History, man. Jetfighters - make movies... ©

So far Red has been besting Blue for quite a streak. A slight change in favour of Blue shouldn't be a big deal. Give them a chance, man, and welcome it as a new challenge.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

given how lethal the infantry is when you fly straight at them, most pilots may choose to go with the door guns for infantry anyway.

against the ka-50 i advocate just running.