14ft tall mechwarrior/muliti simpit

wasp1

I don't know much about that Steel Battalion controller... but your best bet may be to get one of Leo Bodnar's boards (or something similar) and wire the various switches and pots to that, to make it a USB device.

Alternatively, if you can pick up a used HOTAS from someone, you could look at wiring the pots and switches to its board(s) instead. In that case, you don't care if the old HOTAS has failed switches or pots... you just want the circuit board(s) and cable(s).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I don't know much about that Steel Battalion controller... but your best bet may be to get one of Leo Bodnar's boards (or something similar) and wire the various switches and pots to that, to make it a USB device.

Alternatively, if you can pick up a used HOTAS from someone, you could look at wiring the pots and switches to its board(s) instead. In that case, you don't care if the old HOTAS has failed switches or pots... you just want the circuit board(s) and cable(s).

The thing is that there is allready a converter from the xbox input to a usb input and with the ppjoy program for XP you can remap every button on the steel battalion controller but what we need is to make ppjoy work in vista and windows 7 or another program that do the same.

Go Ugly Early

Damn! What was that? An ED-209 in your garage?

You must be the craziest guy around here! :worthy: You have my respect!

And my respect to your ultra-tolerant :worthy:wife!

I mean we had to sign a petition to persuade a fellow armchair pilot's wife to let him get a beer fridge... but now this! You're obviously the boss! :D

EDIT:

Oh OK now that I read the first post more carefully, I see that it's for a recreation room at your shop and not your computer room at home.

Still a good idea, although not as radical, ground braking and crazy as what I originally thought! :)

Edited by Spyros

God forgives... Spyros doesn't.

l_6ae1bc30baef4d2d945ebef531d701ae.jpgbtw it is my comuter room if you look close my house is next to the shop , and my wife isnt tollerant ! most of the build ideas came from her !!!, the startrek area of the movie room is hers , she has a huge startrek collection !!! btw she also an armchair pilot as long as its donkey kong lol !! and its not ed-209 hes a little guy ,this is a mech .. i added a few extra pics to show the location of my shop , i live in a non restricted area , i have 5acres to work with .. far shot of house and shop , and pic of the wife [promo pic for my haunted attraction ]668544006_l.jpg
Edited by wasp1
added pic to post

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Star Trek? Donkey Kong? Good choice of wife man! :)

I once had a girlfriend who was a trekkie and we used to lay at the beach and read novels of Captain Kirk's adventures (Dr Mc Coy's my favourite though :))

By the way, nice place you've got there.

God forgives... Spyros doesn't.

A haunted house too! Damn I need to get with you for ideas...... we do a haunted house every year at home or at our boat club.

if you want to check out someof my haunt stuff ,http://www.myspace.com/beachtrashiam or google PCND/fx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very cool!! I love mechs! Was very much into the Mechcommander series..

Star trek is also great!! :D

And your mech is amazing man!! It'll be perfect for the new Mechwarrior game inbound..

im waiting for it with baited breath !!!!!! or maybe its the sushi i had fro lunch ? nope i realy lookin forward to the release !!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Star Trek? Donkey Kong? Good choice of wife man! :)

I once had a girlfriend who was a trekkie and we used to lay at the beach and read novels of Captain Kirk's adventures (Dr Mc Coy's my favourite though :))

By the way, nice place you've got there.

thanx spyros shes atotal sci-geek also ! it was the best choice!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heres waiting for the Enterprise Bridge Pit! Warp speed Sulu!

someone already did it !!! lol and a corazan cruzer , i made some stuff for a next gen movie room lol ..and a shot of another project for the haunt pcndstargateproject.jpg

Edited by wasp1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see you have been watching SG1 a bit lately? Are you planning on building the entire gate?

one day i'll build another full gate yes , that was one for my attraction , leads into the mummy area lol , and yes just got done with a run of all the sg1 dvds lol ,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OMFG!

But seriously that is pretty cool!:pilotfly:

PS - I have a feeling your threads are going to be as long as trigger's lol!

maybe as long as trigger's but not as informative , he realy duz some sweet pannels !!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

P8230005.jpgjust another progress shot , started the canopy , added in more coooling systems 110deg f in shop /68degf in cockpit koooooolll! P8230011.jpggoing to start the floor treatment this week / black inside of the square with blk/yellow saftey tape edge
Edited by wasp1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

ok little off subject but not realy , like i posted way back the pit is part of a much larger build , P8270002.jpgthis is the entrance to the retro game area , and a pic of the stargate atlantis collection wall into the simpit bulk head [all still a work in progress]P8310005.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

well if it dont exsist build it lol , i like a tight wrap around feel in the pit , and i couldnt find a keyboard tray that i liked , so .... i took apart an old tripod i had and made a" rack out "keyboard tray , it moves in all the directions a tripod would , plus !!!! it also doubles as a flight desk . [keyboard comes off ez] made pins and velcro to hold it in place or snaps out . P9110007.jpg other angle P9110003.jpgclose up of tripod mount P9110004.jpgits steady as all hell !!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great idea on the tripod.

i realy cant take total credit on the tri-pod idea , nasa has a unit like it [iSS] but there's is more a crank up keyboard , the real plus is ,i can tilt the keyboard side ways ! well any angle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wasp have you seen this mod yet?

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

They got the rights from MS to use all the Mechwarrior IP (because it's a free Crysis mod and they aren't charging anything for it) more of a game than a sim though but we really have yet to see any true MW sim.

Imagine a MW game with the fidelity of DCS:BS....wait...I guess you did and it's in your pole barn hehe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit