3 40's and a 27

jskibo

Back into flying DCS / BMS stuff and wanted to get my bottom screen up and running.

Since moving to the apartment I've had to downsize from my full size 737 pit to something smaller.

A few years ago I had a custom stand made for my 3 40" LED panels. Did that when I thought I was going to get into iRacing. Quickly found out I suck at racing.

The screens sit at perfect height for my Obutto, but the obbuto and the rudders don't play nice, to I removed the front half of the Obbuto and now just use the chair and stick mounts.

I have had a FCC modded Cougar for 11+ years and it has served me well, but recently picked up a Warthog at a great price, so added that to the pit.

I toyed around with a 23" lower monitor and some Cougar MFDs before but didn't like it and was looking for a touchscreen solution when I stumbled on GregP selling his 27" Acer touchscreen. So I added that to the bottom and put the 23" up top connected to another networked PC to pull up charts or whatever I need in flight.

Now I'm just trying to figure out HELIOS and setting those damn lua's correctly

IMG_20140307_191305_zps4e475c69.jpg

IMG_20140307_191254_zps5f52e254.jpg

The loz sm v2.1 profile would be a good place to start. You can edit the monitor lua file with minmal effort to match your setup.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

The loz sm v2.1 profile would be a good place to start. You can edit the monitor lua file with minmal effort to match your setup.

Thanks, been playing with that one this morning. The EMC really makes it a lot easier.

Time for some test flights!

You can also remove the exported viewport from your main view screen for a boost in FPS. Can't remember where I got the zip file to do that. It was either in the DCS user files or at Gadroc's

Where did you get the monitor stand? I want one.

John

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

A few years ago I had a custom stand made for my 3 40" LED panels. Did that when I thought I was going to get into iRacing. Quickly found out I suck at racing.

nothing happens in a blink of an eye. try race driver 3 or GRID (not grid 2), give it a time. you may find those 2 very enjoyable :thumbup:

not a complete SIM racing, but very nice a mid of sim and arcade.

STEAM

asus p8z68-v gen3, 2600k@4,5ghz(w/c), 16gb, 1080ti(w/c), ch fighterstick/gvl224-4000-8, ch pro throttle, Oculus Rift CV1+Touch, thrustmaster tx

You can also remove the exported viewport from your main view screen for a boost in FPS. Can't remember where I got the zip file to do that. It was either in the DCS user files or at Gadroc's

Where did you get the monitor stand? I want one.

John

I'll look for that..

Monitor stand was built by a guy who was starting a sim racing chassis business call Fast track sims. Mark is great guy and builds a real quality project. Did it all by a few measurements off the screens I bought. Fully adjustable too. The 23" and 27" are just desktop clamp brackets attached to the frame that I added later.

Here are my viewport files; http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2004564&postcount=8

There is a set with rendering in 3D cockpit and a set without cockpit rendering. Nice setup by the way :thumbup:

Cheers

Hans

Edited by Hansolo

JSkibo.....DAAaaammmmbbbb... what were you thinking...mine is trailer park to that (though I am proud of it). That monitor set up is what I'll go to eventually, but I have to fly with what I got for now....hhmmm...Man. you make me sick..hahahahh I how these to my wife she thinks we're miss-wired

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

Here are my viewport files; http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2004564&postcount=8

There is a set with rendering in 3D cockpit and a set without cockpit rendering. Nice setup by the way :thumbup:

Cheers

Hans

Thanks Hans, I'll have a look!

JSkibo.....DAAaaammmmbbbb... what were you thinking...mine is trailer park to that (though I am proud of it). That monitor set up is what I'll go to eventually, but I have to fly with what I got for now....hhmmm...Man. you make me sick..hahahahh I how these to my wife she thinks we're miss-wired

:) This one is a bit of a downsize from the other pit, but that one won't fit in the apartment now that the GF and I split last year.

4065B741-E6A6-429B-95C4-50C5A333C1DC-297-000000DFF21AE763_zpsf1ccf987.jpg

0BE715BF-0492-4E40-93A2-C7567FA080BC-287-000000DF1A3BEBF3_zps1e9f8a07.jpg

Always liked Mil Sims a bit more, going back to Strike Eagle III and Tornado. I'm a commercial rated pilot as well so can always go grab time in the club Mooney if I need that non-Mil fix :)

• Like 1