ME : Does it have to be this hard?

Just deleted several attempted missions. Went to the manual hoping for a simple mission load. No help. All I want is four P 51's out of a field (Client) fly to a second field with 4 FW's and 6 trucks in between to shoot at. I've tried everything. HELP!

It isn't actually all that hard to make a fairly simple mission -but I do admit things aren't necessarily obvious in this sim.

I was going to start and write here what to do, but I think it'd be easier if you want to, I can meet you on our squad's TS if you like and talk you through it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

Building simple missions is much easier then learning to fly one of the birds.

Simply don`t try to put too much action in your first missions.

Waypoints and some simple waypoint actions like "stop" and "resume" should be enough.

The difficult part is building triggers all over. But there are enough good tutorials on you tube.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

The hard part about even simple mission building is the endless debugging of even the built-in functions.

You have to physically run and fly the mission over and over, tweaking various aspects to overcome (usually AI) quirks. Examples: the AI taxi behavior, AI tasking, then bizarre AI behavior.

Having to repeat/debug the mission means that by the time it's actually ready to be flown for realsies, I've already run the mission about 50 times and need to move on to the NEXT one.

The hard part about even simple mission building is the endless debugging of even the built-in functions.

You have to physically run and fly the mission over and over, tweaking various aspects to overcome (usually AI) quirks. Examples: the AI taxi behavior, AI tasking, then bizarre AI behavior.

Having to repeat/debug the mission means that by the time it's actually ready to be flown for realsies, I've already run the mission about 50 times and need to move on to the NEXT one.

LOL, this. +1 :)

You just need to create missions that are so awesome you want to play them 100 times :))

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

:) So true!

One thing I've been doing is when you start building your mission, start your aircraft in the air and very close to the action. Build what you want to do in the combat arena, test it until it works the way you want.

After combat is taken care of, add the return to base and landing portion.

Once you got your Combat and RTB stuff done to your satisfaction, change your start location to the airfield/carrier and do that part last.

LOL, this. +1 :)

You just need to create missions that are so awesome you want to play them 100 times :))

ME is not hard, but you need someone to explain it for your first mission. Also, you can have a look at the many tutorials on YT.

The manual is no real help and all the tutorials are on previous versions and mostly Caucasus - altho the functionality is the same with slightly different screens.

I am waiting for a Normandy YT that is just a simple mission - take off with wingman, go shoot up or bomb a bunch of trucks and/or some FW's, come back and land. Everytime I set up the German field for the FW's my mission starts there with A 10's (!), instead of my field with Spits. Grrrrr.

Help again. I have watched and tried to follow several YT videos on setting up a mission. Having made up a train, set up some AAA and four 190's at another base, I set up four mustangs to go kill them. BUT. ME wants to start me at one of the AAA guns instead of the cockpit of the Mustang. What haven't I done?

Help again. I have watched and tried to follow several YT videos on setting up a mission. Having made up a train, set up some AAA and four 190's at another base, I set up four mustangs to go kill them. BUT. ME wants to start me at one of the AAA guns instead of the cockpit of the Mustang. What haven't I done?

Set the skill level on the aircraft YOU want to fly to PLAYER.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

What map is this?

EDIT: Made a quick mission on the Normandy Map.

Normandy Quickie.miz

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45