Found the problem with the green glass.. - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #1
toby23

Exclamation Found the problem with the green glass..

UPDATE - FIXED WITH MOD (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...37&postcount=1)

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but the green armoured glass looks so saturated because the green texture is repeated twice, once as a coloured glass texture and then again as a reflection.

I desaturated the glass in the reflection file and took some comparison shots below. The original texture is on the left and the edited texture on the right.
I would agree that it's a subtle change but in flight, it looks very natural now.

The biggest difference is when you do a barrel roll, there is no hard line as the texture ends.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moddeda.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	190279   Click image for larger version

Name:	moddedb.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	190280   Click image for larger version

Name:	moddedc.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	190281  

Click image for larger version

Name:	file.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	190282  

Last edited by toby23; 07-22-2018 at 12:24 PM.
toby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:34 PM   #2
VinnieJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby23 View Post
I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but the green armoured glass looks so saturated because the green texture is repeated twice, once as a coloured glass texture and then again as a reflection.

I desaturated the glass in the reflection file and took some comparison shots below. The original texture is on the left and the edited texture on the right.
I would agree that it's a subtle change but in flight, it looks very natural now.

The biggest difference is when you do a barrel roll, there is no hard line as the texture ends.
It would be nice if ED puts this on the next update. I would bet that most of us haven’t a clue as to how to desaturate the glass.

Nice find.
VinnieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:41 PM   #3
Magic Zach

Very nice! This has been an annoyance for a while.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:47 PM   #4
toby23

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...37&postcount=1

Last edited by toby23; 07-22-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #5
CGReload

Thumbs up

Quote:

The difference is very noticeable and already looks better. I still think maybe a little too dark but definitely much better. Im assuming just lightening the color even more will clear it up more?

Nice find!

Last edited by CGReload; 07-19-2018 at 06:06 PM.
CGReload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:40 PM   #6
NineLine
Community Manager

Going to ask the team to revisit this and see if we can get it tuned some. Thanks guys.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:34 AM   #7
CGReload

Quote:

I got to test it out today. Finally! Its much better
CGReload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:50 AM   #8
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

can you desaturate it even more?

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:52 AM   #9
toby23

The original mod was just a texture fix to the original, not a desaturation mod, but in version 2 HERE, I desaturated the colour as well.
If that's not enough for you, try this one made by someone else..

Last edited by toby23; 07-20-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:20 PM   #10
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Quote:
The original mod was just a texture fix to the original, not a desaturation mod, but in version 2 HERE, I desaturated the colour as well.
If that's not enough for you, try this one made by someone else..
Will do and report on satisfaction. Thanks for the initiative.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote