Questions: Edge, Flight Model and Manual language

sebihepp

Hello AvioDev,

I follow your project for quite a time now and can't await the release on thursday. Despite you have still much work to do, (think of the EFM/PFM/whatever) you did a great job. :thumbup:

But before I buy it, I have some questions about. Will it be compatible with EDGE alias DCS World 2, when it (EDGE) is released? Or the better question: Do we have to pay for the upgrade to DCS World 2?

Next question is about the better flight model: Will there be an upgrade option or do we have to pay for the whole again?

And last but not least: Do we get the manual also in English? (I can't speak Spanish)

Best regards

Sebihepp

Ryzen 2700X, 32GByte RAM, GeForce 1080Ti, TrackIR

Yes it will be compatible with EDGE , none of the modules will need to be re-purchased and EDGE (DCS world 2) will be a FREE update for everyone.

Regarding the flight model : That's still being discussed internally as far as i know.

As always, we don't comment on other developers. :)

I don't understand what cichlidfan is talking about. We have released exactly zero products. What other developers choose to do or not do is not our concern, though of course we are watching what happens closely - that is just standard business practice. :)

This discussion is starting to look like it is approaching the event horizon.

If we haven't made it clear yet:

* We are releasing SFM now to prevent delay caused by AFM development

* We are still discussing whether to offer SFM & AFM, or AFM only, once the AFM is ready

Just to really throw the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons - if you know how to edit a few files, then you can disable AFM, and edit the SFM such that you can still cheat and fly a rocket if that is what you want to do. :P Before you get too worried though, we will implement measures that will make this harder to do.

Best regards,

Tango.

Yes there will be an English manual.

Hi,

We need to get the manual written in English first.

Based on feedback in this thread, and a few PMs, we hope to translate the manuals into:

* Spanish

* Italian

* Chinese

Best regards,

Tango.

Thank you very much, for your reply.

I will buy the AvioJet on Thursday and I also want the EFM or AFM, when it is done. I just hope that I don't have to pay the full price again, if I already have the SFM...

Otherwise I would wait until the AFM/EFM is finished.

Ryzen 2700X, 32GByte RAM, GeForce 1080Ti, TrackIR

Thank you very much, for your reply.

I will buy the AvioJet on Thursday and I also want the EFM or AFM, when it is done. I just hope that I don't have to pay the full price again, if I already have the SFM...

Otherwise I would wait until the AFM/EFM is finished.

If they decide to sell the AFM later on , i'm 100% sure it will be at a discount for owners of the SFM.