Airspeed indicator for A10c - not possible using MonitorSetup. LUA

lesthegrngo

Ikarus is a pretty easy install.

When you open the A-10 profile, it will cover your main screen; Alt F4 will turn that off, then enter your desktop coordinates and display monitor resolution, you will see it on the Configuration screen. Save the A-10 profile, exit and restart Ikarus

Click "Editor Mode" and you can then drag and drop gauges into position you want. Save profile again when done. You can hide and "show cockpit" to see the edit's you make. You have to enter size in pixel's.

That should get you started, note any gauges not working and it is usually fixable by editing "Instrumentations" for that gauge.

When you finally complete your profile, make a copy and give it a unique name to save as a backup. You will always use the default name for A-10C to match the included xml file.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Thanks! I look forward to giving it a go. The instruments I intend to show are:-

the two MFCD's, which I assume I can leave up to MonitorSetup.lua, currently working well

Attitude indicator and HSI - currently on Helios, I assume I just recreate these in Ikarus, I will have to see how to assign the attributes and so forth as I did for Helios. I have to confess that I guessed as it as I couldn't find any list or tutorial showing how each gauge is set up. (Mostly ) seems to work though.

RWR - after a bit of messing around the RWR is a combo of the Helios bezel and MonitorSetup.Lua for the moving bits, again I will have to see how to do that.

Airspeed indicator - this is currently supposed to be on the same 7" LCD monitor as the RWR but I've singularly failed to do so, so as per the point of this thread this is hopefully the panacea.

The only other outstanding item will be the standby attitude indicator, which I was hoping to use a 3.5" TFT screen for but suspect is incompatible with Ikarus due to it being an Arduino version. I may have to source a separate little LCD screen for that but presume ikarus can deal with that.

Everything else is a physical gauge or instrument so I hope that I have everything covered!

Thanks again for your help, you'll probably get a load of questions!

Cheers

Les

This is made with monitorsetup.lua and Helios.

RWR and MFCDs are exported bei monitorsetup.lua.

I don't know Ikarus. But I remember it was a "little bit" tricky to get Helios working.

Also the downside of Helios: The instruments become some blurry if zoom factor is less than 100%. Good to be seen at the engine's section.

1925878814_2019A10CCenterShield.thumb.jpg.493736808ac8ae562a08bd6e25762467.jpg

Manual for my version of RS485-Hardware, contact: tekkx@dresi.de

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.

ASI? (Air Speed Indicator) Do you mean IAS? (Indicated Air Speed) - What a mess with words...

A-10C has no ASI inside the code. I think (I am not an Aviator) ASI is just the device while IAS denotes the value.

And IAS works fine with Helios (so I think it does with Ikarus too).

But this is far away from your initial question. The answer here is: No. It can't be exported by MonitorSetup.lua.

Manual for my version of RS485-Hardware, contact: tekkx@dresi.de

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.