Inserting annotation pictures to exported MFDs? Possible?

The LT

Hello everyone,

I use 3xTM MFD setup. I've been wondering if it is possible to create custom "underlays" to be displayed on non-MFD aircraft and statically display them on the MFDs when flying specific aircraft.

For example, I have my MFD buttons mapped to circuit breakers on my Fw190. I would like to annotate them and have a little line next to each so I would remember what they are.

Maybe a PNG image could be inserted into each of them?

Anyone tried something like this? It should be possible, but I currently lack the LUA skills for this. I had successfully edited the AI helper panels for the Mi-8 and Huey and moved the text around. I just need to figure out where to start.

Any pointers?

4VBsVW3.jpg

Edited by The LT

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

I believe Helios may be able to do that, by making a .jpg and positioning it using the monitor setup. If you search there is a folder with various library files of the guage faces, and if you use a graphic editor to make your own and save it in there, you should be able to select it and put it anywhere you want on the desktop

Cheers

Les

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd like to do that in Lua without firing up Helios for that. Easier and more streamlined that way. Doesn't have to be a jpeg/png image, just a text annotation will do.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

I have no problems drawing "ceTexPoly" elements but for some reason, "CeStringPoly" elements aren't being created properly. Anyone can point me to the correct definition?

annotation                 = CreateElement "ceStringPoly"
annotation.name            = "annotation"
annotation.material        = "font_hints_kneeboard_keys"
annotation.init_pos        = {0.0,0.1}
annotation.value           = "annotation"
annotation.alignment       = "LeftTop"
annotation.stringdefs      = {0.0024, 0.0024, 0.0, 0.0}
annotation.parent_element = base.name
AddElement(annotation)

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Got it sorted. Turned out to be something like this. Fw-190A8 CB panel.b8839592e08453a2a1e250abcff5f44d.jpg

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

• 5 months later...

Fantastic work !

Excellent for shoppers and no MFDs old planes...

And for pedagogy to help new pilots...

I tried that many years ago with DCS-BlackShark whitout success...

(After years out of DCS, waiting to comme back after pc upgrade next year and on reflexion about re building very old pit ... therefore reading forum... and found your thread.)

I would be very pleased to see an example of your lua edited script. specifically for vertical strings !

Hey, at least one people is interested in your work !