Deactivate/Active Starforce protected modules after latest update

Ratfink

So today DCS ran an update on DCSWorld Open Beta that moved my BS2, A10C, FC3 modules to the new ED DRM management.

Tomorrow I plan to build my new rig with new OS SSD, MB, CPU and RAM. DCS is installed on a separate SDD that I hope will be picked up by running the DCS.EXE and logging in to my account in module manager, as read in other posts.

I was going to deactivate the above mentioned modules so I can make the migration smooth and not lose an activation on the starforce products, but now the new update has taken hold for open beta and the "DRM" button is gone!

I have DCS World stable realease too, and deactivated in that OK. Just to be sure.

Hoping I won't have lost an activation. Will see tomorrow

Edited by Ratfink

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

If you deactivated your SF in the release version, it will apply to all SF versions on your system (e.g. legacy 1.5 as well as pre-2.5.6 beta). Activations are for the module (not the DCS version) at the registry level. So you haven't lost an activation.