Getting in the cockpit

dave-uk

I've set up my new HP Reverb according to Thud, but when i launch DCS in VR im not inside the cockpit, im in a hanger sat on a wing. i can see the screen to the desktop at me feet, how do i fly in VR so im actually in the cockpit guys?

Edit now in sitting on the top of the plane

Edited by dave-uk

Utrinque Paratus

I7-9700K OCTA-CORE 3.6 GHZ / 4.8 GHZ

RAM 32 GB DDR4 (3000 MHZ)

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 8 GB GDDR6

STORAGE - 2TB SSD - 6 TB SATA

I've set up my new HP Reverb according to Thud, but when i launch DCS in VR im not inside the cockpit, im in a hanger sat on a wing. i can see the screen to the desktop at me feet, how do i fly in VR so im actually in the cockpit guys?

Start the game in 2d and bind a key to centre VR view. Fire up VR and hit that key. Mine is bound to ctrl +shft +space.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

You can assign re-center VR View among other things to a button on your HOTAS.

It is in the UI Layer of the controller setup menu. Scroll down to bottom of aircraft listings.

Works a champ.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just to clarify, have you made selections in the menu to start a mission? I may be reading your post the wrong way, but what you describe sounds like the main menu hangar.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I think the default to reset VR view is 5 on the numpad. Well mine is and i dont remember ever changing that but it might have been years ago.

This is correct.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.