How do limited SEAD missions with Su-25A (killing the Roland ADS)

pepin1234

This is a small mission you can use as example for your know how SEAD mission in a limited level.

First you must use pod SPS-141 for ECM ON, all the time until you kill the Roland.

Second, use only Kh-29L because it is the longest range missile you have in payload.

Third, ones you get launch authorized, quick launch your Kh-29L because a single second can kill your mission.

The Roland will be delayed about 3-4 seconds because your ECM. This time is enough to do your job.

My advice for success. Roland is visible on MAP. Anyway you should do an inbound first with ECM OFF to make him first launch to you, then you get a visual idea of ​​his location for the second inbound.

After that, ECM ON. do your second inbound. launch your Kh-29L and correct your reticle with a straight and smooth flight. Launch two in a row.

AI as Su-25A SEAD.miz

Player test for Su-25A SEAD.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cool, I did not know that the 25A had a jammer pod, I never checked a station appart from the outer ones!

I assume you can do the same more safe with the KH-25ML. It may not give you launch athorisation, but you can just launch overwrite it (alt + w). With the 25T and launch overwrite you can fire the 25ML at ranges of up to 25 km when you are high enough, much more than the actual laser lock on range of the 25A. Even when fired low the 25ML may have higher range then what launch authorisation would allow you.

As the 25ML is faster than the 29L it should allow you to turn away earlier.

Well I did my test long before when they change this extra long range for Kh-25ML. At that moment they change for a different behavior for the 25ML and Right now I believe doesn’t work with this long range. Because the simple reason the laser of the Su-25 targeting sensor is only 7 km and seem the flight trajectory profile IRL doesn’t help for that Override. (IRL speaking). Now the Kh-29 it is slower and the flight profile is more high and curve so take longer the flight and you have time to reach the 7km laser range of your sensor. That’s why you should do it better with 29L. Also the warhead weight is a blast and kill better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...
Cool, I did not know that the 25A had a jammer pod, I never checked a station appart from the outer ones!

I assume you can do the same more safe with the KH-25ML. It may not give you launch athorisation, but you can just launch overwrite it (alt + w). With the 25T and launch overwrite you can fire the 25ML at ranges of up to 25 km when you are high enough, much more than the actual laser lock on range of the 25A. Even when fired low the 25ML may have higher range then what launch authorisation would allow you.

As the 25ML is faster than the 29L it should allow you to turn away earlier.

The pod was good enough that the Su-25 was essentially immune to the Hawk SAM systems during the Iran - Iraq war, and the Hawk was upgraded after that war as a direct response to the pod’s effectiveness.

Cheers.