Trim Input inverted

Hello everybody,

the pitch trim input in the controll settings is inverted I think. I was setting up my device as with every other aircraft. Thereafter I went for a ride with the F16 and when I pulled my trim switch to nose up the Viper began to dive an vice versa.

cheers

Edited by nima2014

if that's not how you like it, then go to adjust controls and swap the mappings for trim nose up and trim nose down.

job's a good 'un

hahahaha dude, of course I've done that ;-). I just wanted to point out to ED that the mapping doesn't fit to the description in the controll settings.

All works fine for me, .. and the trim descriptions match my input .. :)

Nose down = push up on my trim hat

Nose up = pull back on my trim hat

i.e. Normal

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Thomasew

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

All works fine for me, .. and the trim descriptions match my input .. :)

Nose down = push up on my trim hat

Nose up = pull back on my trim hat

i.e. Normal

Cheers

Tom

I'm having the same setup as you but the aircraft is behaving in the opposite way

cheers

• Like 1

I'm having the same setup as you but the aircraft is behaving in the opposite way

cheers

Are you holding your joystick upside-down? :lol:

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

...when I pushed my trim nose up switch the Viper began to dive an vice versa.

Assuming you are using the hat switch for trimming you pull the trim in direction nose up and push to get the nose down.

Works the same way in all DCS aircraft.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Assuming you are using the hat switch for trimming you pull the trim in direction nose up and push to get the nose down.

Works the same way in all DCS aircraft.

Sorry, my mistake....I pulled the hat switch back and the viper began to dive and according to controls setup pulling the hat switch down, the Viper should raise the nose. I’ve corrected my wording in my first post.

You do have the ability to reverse axes, and change the function of all buttons. Hardly an issue when you know how to correct it yourself.

I do have, yes BUT if I reverse the axes then all other aircraft are messed up as well. Anyway, as mentioned before, I just swapped the controls setup mapping in the Viper and everything is fine. I just wanted to know if it’s just me or if anybody else having this issue, so that we can address it to ED.

Cheers

Edited by BIGNEWY
1.1 please watch profanity