This video said everything ! - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 11:39 AM   #131
Pâte

I kind have to disagree a lot with those

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzicato View Post
It doesn’t make any sense to tell seasoned experts how best to do their jobs. It’s fine to respectfully point out the issues you’re seeing, but the team at ED are the best placed to decide what to implement any given solutions.

Whatever other shortcomings ED may have, they’re clearly very seasoned and talented developers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmirkingGerbil View Post
So all the yammering on this thread is amusing, because companies that dwarf DCS deal with the same problems and challenges. We have a good product, voice your discontent, but making cases on how they should run their business is just mental noise that serves no purpose.
And few other in the same type i missed.

Products have one purpose, be sold. If your target is starting to be frustrated with your products and a voice start to raise saying we are not happy with A, and you are trying to sell me D No way. Then you can be the best developper of the world you made the worse mistake to do in a business : loose your client thrust. If you don't correct the path it can quickly ruin the company reputation. And especially in a niche market.

People complaining don't always complain for the pleasure of it. It does exist, it's called troll. But if you sit down and listen of all the complains raising regarding DCS atm, it make sense. There are problems. And it's good that people do it because you could be sometimes very surprised by things you didnt expected (cf the second part of this post)

But indeed, there is the question of which portion of your clients are not happy. I don't know the numbers for DCS tbh. I only can say that for sure more and more people are raising the same concern. However it's probably a very small portion of their clients. Seems mostly the hardcore simmers that suffer the most from the problems pointed. And understand if they are not their main source of revenue. They are looking at democratising more DCS (exemple with MAC & FC). But would kinda ironic then that a sim that like to say is the best high fidelity combat sim is loosing their hardcore players thrust.

Second point is that.

Beeing a project manager if there is one point i learned immediatly. It's that more often than you would admit the best advises and ideas come from people that are not at all in your business. You may have years of experiences, them, they come with fresh eyes giving them unexpected but good and fresh ideas.
Their ideas or visions wont always work, but it's worth listening them because you can learn a lot.

For exemple i don't know if ED thought about removing the F2P aspect and sell the coregame. Raising funds to dedicate more ressources on it. And offer limited in time free try to people to interest them into DCS. But if you think about it, it's not that stupid. And worth at least thinking of this option.

Last edited by Pâte; 10-20-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:46 AM   #132
Pâte

This being said.

I appreciate a lot ED move. Wags interview. Their new communication about the WIP on DCS, not just modules. The preview showing indeed their work on the core game ... You guys indeed listened us, and are showing it. Looking foward to see the futur of this
Old 10-20-2019, 11:52 AM   #133
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pâte View Post
This being said.

I appreciate a lot ED move. Wags interview. Their new communication about the WIP on DCS, not just modules. The preview showing indeed their work on the core game ... You guys indeed listened us, and are showing it. Looking foward to see the futur of this
Yes we have listened, we have had meetings and discussed what we should do going forward.

As you have noticed already we have made changes with communication, and you will see more in the future.

But also remember this is not an overnight fix, it will take time and patience also.

Thank you.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:45 PM   #134
hanab

I'm still suspicious but it's great to read that. Hoping that the facts in the game will be seen soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Yes we have listened, we have had meetings and discussed what we should do going forward.

As you have noticed already we have made changes with communication, and you will see more in the future.

But also remember this is not an overnight fix, it will take time and patience also.

Thank you.

Old 10-21-2019, 02:04 PM   #135
Habu_69

I have supported DCS with purchases of all the theaters, A-10C, F/A-18C and P-51D, mainly because DCS is the only entity developing combat aircraft simulators, my personal passion; and I hoped my support would enhance the pace of development. Like many other customers, I suspect, I have chosen NOT to purchase any more products, like F-16C and F-14B, until some of the long-standing deficiencies are addressed: weather, AI, ATC, night lighting, module completion, etc. I am disappointed that F/A-18C lacks so many major systems nearly 18 months after its release. I believe DCS has exhausted the community goodwill that, in the past, has allowed it to generate revenue through product early access. Some of the posts here provide a modicum of optimism that DCS has heard us and is taking action. Time will tell.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:28 PM   #136
SmirkingGerbil

[QUOTE=Pâte;4080689]

Products have one purpose, be sold. If your target is starting to be frustrated with your products and a voice start to raise saying we are not happy with A, and you are trying to sell me D No way. Then you can be the best developper of the world you made the worse mistake to do in a business : loose your client thrust. If you don't correct the path it can quickly ruin the company reputation. And especially in a niche market.

People complaining don't always complain for the pleasure of it. It does exist, it's called troll. But if you sit down and listen of all the complains raising regarding DCS atm, it make sense. There are problems. And it's good that people do it because you could be sometimes very surprised by things you didnt expected (cf the second part of this post)

But indeed, there is the question of which portion of your clients are not happy. I don't know the numbers for DCS tbh. I only can say that for sure more and more people are raising the same concern. However it's probably a very small portion of their clients. Seems mostly the hardcore simmers that suffer the most from the problems pointed. And understand if they are not their main source of revenue. They are looking at democratising more DCS (exemple with MAC & FC). But would kinda ironic then that a sim that like to say is the best high fidelity combat sim is loosing their hardcore players thrust.

[QUOTE=Pâte;4080689]

It is not that I am immune to the problems. Or that I see things that are quirky and they take away from the immersion.

I have been flying this sim since 2011 (joined these forums in 2013), and flown many others.

When ED took over the Luthier project for WWII birds, I realized these folks care, and work hard. They are staffed literally by giants in the industry, with pedigree's I could only dream about.

I choose to remain in the quiet minority, while they tackle all these issues. They have things well in hand as far as I am concerned.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:45 AM   #137
Worrazen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Rage View Post
He has some interesting points but calling things a "Joke", "a pathetic release", "anti-consumer" and "a hideous release" discredits him in my opinion.
I agree. There's many more things in the play, and comparing DCS to any multi-million dollar hollywood-style game out there is incredibly unfair, to expect every single part of the game completely developed, with the modules being 100 times more complicated than the arcade stuff in usual games.

People forget this is first and foremost something that wasn't meant for pure entertainmen value.
DCS-Setup: Win10 x64 1607, 1440p@75"32, MOBO: Asus P9X79, CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 4.0GHz, GPU: Radeon RX 480 8GB, 24 GB RAM @ 1333 Mhz, DCS on SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, Saitek Cyborg X/FLY5 joystick.

Last edited by Worrazen; 10-23-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:09 PM   #138
Habu_69

The "Other" major combat flight sim, now in the hands of volunteer programmers, maintains a strong base of support for 3 features, I believe: 1. dynamic campaign 2. multiplayer stability, and 3. (less important) F-16 flight model. I think that fixing DCS bugged/incomplete core features and implementing 1 and 2 would bring a large number of new users into the DCS camp.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:51 PM   #139
falcon_120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu_69 View Post
The "Other" major combat flight sim, now in the hands of volunteer programmers, maintains a strong base of support for 3 features, I believe: 1. dynamic campaign 2. multiplayer stability, and 3. (less important) F-16 flight model. I think that fixing DCS bugged/incomplete core features and implementing 1 and 2 would bring a large number of new users into the DCS camp.
I dont think they evolve item 1, they just make sure that what is working does not break, which is not bad either, given what they already have.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2019, 03:04 PM   #140
cercata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pâte View Post

Products have one purpose, be sold. If your target is starting to be frustrated with your products and a voice start to raise saying we are not happy with A, and you are trying to sell me D No way.
You are mixing things, one thing is telling ED what product we want, and another thing is telling them how they must do it, and the posts you quoted are the second.

Last edited by cercata; 10-24-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Closed Thread