Why the urgency to release modules?

Sylosis

1) In pre-order you get -20% off the price.

2) the full price will be there at least a year, so you are not getting it at same price in 6-12 months.

3) you get to participate the development, discuss, test and play it. Every update can be small Christmas.

4) you can have a life and you want to spend the few valuable moments to learn new module, and receiving new capabilities in updates makes it very easy to learn new just released feature.

Sorry, I meant "dumb" if one would complain on both occasions. That is, complaining if stuff geqts released too quickly or too late. That is dumb

As far as paying for something not finish, it's not dumb, although I don't get it myself. However I do not think it is dumb.

And, this is not pointed at you, but why the flying **** is everybody here getting so ****ing defensive when any kind of opened discussion is attempted?

Are you all like that in real life? A colleague enters your office and ask "hey uhm, do you know why X person did Y project like this? I'm not sure I get it"

"Well if you don't like it just go cry somewhere else".

"OK thx, good talk"

Jesus christ.

You can all forget I asked anything. You would think a community where the software is relatively expensive would be more opened to discussions and debates

Edited by Sylosis

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

You would think a community where the software is relatively expensive would be more opened to discussions and debates

Expensive? Seriously? In my opinion DCS World in it's entirety is one of the best software/gaming/flight sim bargains of all time. Bar none.

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

1) In pre-order you get -20% off the price.

2) the full price will be there at least a year, so you are not getting it at same price in 6-12 months.

3) you get to participate the development, discuss, test and play it. Every update can be small Christmas.

4) you can have a life and you want to spend the few valuable moments to learn new module, and receiving new capabilities in updates makes it very easy to learn new just released feature.

right I mean pre release is not something ED created . but you have to take a step back and look at the past release. Again we all love what ED does but it's also important to call them out when they do something you don't agree with.

the F-16 is subpar release quality then other ED product they released before and the question is why and do they need to look at alternative source of funding like skins or ...

I am taking part of Pre-Release so following your logic why don't I get to voice an opinion and you do :)

Edited by nekhron

Expensive? Seriously? In my opinion DCS World in it's entirety is one of the best software/gaming/flight sim bargains of all time. Bar none.

I would really like to read how you came up to that reasoning.

DCS is free, yes. But, you need a joystick to play. Fortnite doesn't.

Then, I doubt most people just go with the default free module. Each module is the price of a game, on its own.

So... How is it a bargain? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I really don't understand how you arrived to that conclusion

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

Fortnite. Okay. Whatevs. I think that's the "game" that my 17 year old nephew wasted over $1200 on buying V-Bucks. Wow that was a good gaming deal.

Edited by dchriest

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

Fortnite. Okay. Whatevs. I think that's the "game" that my 17 year old nephew wasted over $1200 on buying V-Bucks. Wow that was a good gaming deal.

Haha how did he do that?!

He needs a cheaper hobby, like cocaine or exotic racecars.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I kind of understand, why there is EA and I do accept it and also do see the benefits of it.

But looking in the DCS-Shop I wonder, if all of those EA-modules are going to be finished one day...

Id suggest, that EA should set a standard, which level a EA-module should have to be released and also give more specific info, what still is missing in the module and what can be expected to come in the future.

Also Id say, that there should be a date given, where the module can be consideres finished (like 95+%). And if its EA, my understanding would be, that it should be a bit cheaper. At least if there is no given date in the forseeable future (1year??), when we can consider the module to be finished.

Right now, its kinda buy a EA module at the full price and hope, that its finished some day.

After all, we pay MUCH money for every module. The ordinary PC-game does not cost that much and after one year can be had for a fraction of the initial price. So I do think, that we also do have a right to get a close to finished product.

For the current Viper-Situation I think, ED had a reason for the very early release. I hope its not the money, since quoting one post from above, the rubberband would be streched quite a bit now with all those open EA-modules. If money is the reason, maybe ED should think about a different sales-strategy.

Sorry to bring this up, but Id be willing to pay a reasonable monthly fee to fly DCS with some extra content.

Since there is no such system, Ill now by the F-5, that I did not plan to buy at all, to support ED.

But for that, ED hear me out:

Do your job and finish all the modules you've started. Dont let yourself be distracted by the people bitching 98% is not enough, but listen to the people, that complain, that 60% really is not enough!

Edited by Wali763

It is simple... they release it so early to use us as beta testers......

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

It is simple... they release it so early to use us as beta testers......

It is an open beta so yes if you are using the OB version you are a beta tester. :music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I am using the release version, but I feel anywas as a beta tester....

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Amen brother. I might also add, if you suspect it's "too early" for you to purchase or enjoy, then simply choose not to buy it and read what others write about it here for a few days. Then you can make an educated decision on whether or not to purchase. It's really pretty simple. I realized it was an early release when I bought it and pretty much knew it wouldn't all be there this time. Can you imagine how much work goes into producing one of these modules? I'm pretty sure they rely on us to beta test them early on. That's ok with me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]FW190 A8 • MiG 29 • MiG 15bis • MiG 21bis • F-14 Tomcat • AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL DCS: AJS-37 Viggen • Spitfire LF Mk. IX • F-5E Tiger II • M-2000C Mirage • Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst • Fw 190 D-9 Dora • F-86F Sabre • Su-33 • Su-27 • F-15C • Su-25T • A-10A • A-10C • P-51D • Uh-1H Huey • TF-51B