Syrian Map Discussion - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #141
Gierasimov

Lightbulb No Cyprus was mentioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOGX5 View Post
It'd be amazing if we managed to get both Ramat David, Akrotiri and Incirlik. Would open up for a lot of scenarios.
So far, there was not a single source that would mention Cyprus at all.

But Ramat David and Incirlik were appearing on screenshots and short YT clips so this should be happening.

With the amount of communication from ED regarding this map or lack of thereof from the developer, I would be happy to learn this project was not cancelled and making good progress.

Ironically, the future of this map depends on the 3rd party alone.
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:35 PM   #142
JayBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gierasimov View Post
With the amount of communication from ED regarding this map or lack of thereof from the developer, I would be happy to learn this project was not cancelled and making good progress.
This is it exactly, I'm not expecting them to give us an exactly release date unless it's within a few weeks, I'm just hoping to have any sort of communication regarding this project. We haven't heard anything from the third party, ED stating that release is totally up to them seems like a bit of a copout to me.

We still don't have any idea what to expect from this map boundary wise, this should be pretty clear in the devs' minds at this point.

Maybe the developers are more active in the Russian language section of the forums? If so it'd be great if one of the ED Translators would pass us any information from there.

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals
JayBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:57 PM   #143
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBird View Post
Maybe the developers are more active in the Russian language section of the forums?
I'm fairly certain that's the case and also the reason we hear little from them in this part of the forum.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:08 PM   #144
Gierasimov

Default That's a NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
I'm fairly certain that's the case and also the reason we hear little from them in this part of the forum.
Nope, same story. Initial screens posted by Chizh and this community.

I actually think this section has got more information / discussion than the RU one.

Obviously standard answers still apply : It will be ready in "two weeks" + "ED will let us all know, when they are ready to do so"

Last edited by Gierasimov; 09-18-2019 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:28 PM   #145
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Ugra media only post info on your webpage, but from some months ago has not post a update, and no news or pics on the russian forum.

The Syria map ugra-media russian webpage
https://ugra-media.ru/2018/proekt-blizhnij-vostok/

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:15 PM   #146
Gierasimov

Thanks SD, you are always trying to keep up with all news, but this comment is not new at all.
We know all that, and hence this discussion.
Several months ago, I asked Sergey Yurov - CEO of LLC Yugra-Media about this project, and he responded with some additional screens. I tried to stay in touch with him, but since March this year no contact. Surely as a third party, developer is free to communicate, which is the case we see for other parties.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:41 PM   #147
JayBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
Ugra media only post info on your webpage, but from some months ago has not post a update, and no news or pics on the russian forum.

The Syria map ugra-media russian webpage
https://ugra-media.ru/2018/proekt-blizhnij-vostok/
This is disappointing to hear. Bear in mind I only voice my disdain because I want this map.

I understand how much time the development process takes, and having a community that is as invested as DCS, with its reputation (myself included) of being pushy and impatient, sharing updates and news can only lead to further questions. But I do not believe that radio silence is the appropriate way of going about things.

I appreciate you sharing news from the Russian front, I hope that soon we will have some more information to go off of...

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals
JayBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:09 PM   #148
Gierasimov

Arrow Concur!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBird View Post
But I do not believe that radio silence is the appropriate way of going about things.
Yes, and we are all here as we are interested. I think it would be helpful if ED could say more, but at this point, I think they simply don't know for sure what to say, and certainly, don't want to pass on unverified messages.

Thinking even more about this, whatever is the reason for lack of comms in this subject from the developer, it could also be affecting what ED knows about Project Middle East.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:02 AM   #149
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gierasimov View Post
Thinking even more about this, whatever is the reason for lack of comms in this subject from the developer, it could also be affecting what ED knows about Project Middle East.
As I recall it, the launch of DCS A-10C from Beta to Release took a bit longer than anticipated. In the last couple of days and hours before it came out, I think rumors ran completely wild. A perceived lack of communication on behalf of ED, plus hearsay and escalating repetitions of increasingly alarmist fake news made it sound as if ED had just fled to the Bahamas with all of our pre-purchase money. Well, a little later DCS A-10C was officially released and I don't recall reading the slightest hint of an apology from anyone participating in those heated discussions.

I have exactly 0 insight into Ugra Media or the Syria map. Who knows. Maybe it'll never be released and the writing has been on the wall for weeks and months. It's possible. Or maybe the map comes out next week and everyone is happy about it.

The one thing I think is really futile is when an apparent lack of news is twisted into impending doom.

We don't know. Is that a bad thing? Is that a good thing? Well, we don't know.

Is Gierasimov plotting with an unknown 4th party to ruin Ugra's reputation, and ED's along with it? Since we don't know for certain, let's be on the safe side and assume the worst...

Or maybe we should all just stick with what we know, which is that we don't know.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:24 AM   #150
Baco

Well after being a DCS client for over 10 years (More of ED and the Fighter collection) i have learned that there is no point in arguing worrying or wondering. If things are going to happen they will, if not they wont, and no amount of discussion in this forums will change that hehehe.
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote