Cessna 172! - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-19-2019, 11:09 PM   #131
Pyroflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ercoupe View Post
A Cessna 172? As a real life pilot, I can't undersand why anyone would want such a boring airplane? I've got so many hours in 152's and 172's that I've lost count. So what are you guys going to do with it? It isn't airbatic. So you're gonna take off, fly somewhere and then you're gonna land. You'd pay for an airplane that can do nothng but that?
There is a huge market for civilian only planes, much larger than that for DCS as a whole. The biggest thing that DCS could offer at this time, IMO, is a living, breathing world do be able to fly freely anywhere in. It would simply crush every other sim if it had that, and some semblance of an ATC (which looks nice from Matt's recent vids).

That being said, yes, a Skymaster would make infinitely more sense for this game at this PARTICULAR point in time. Except if someone made a Piper product instead
Old 05-19-2019, 11:19 PM   #132
Redglyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ercoupe View Post
A Cessna 172? As a real life pilot, I can't undersand why anyone would want such a boring airplane? I've got so many hours in 152's and 172's that I've lost count. So what are you guys going to do with it? It isn't airbatic. So you're gonna take off, fly somewhere and then you're gonna land. You'd pay for an airplane that can do nothng but that?
If you want a Cessna, what about the 337. The Skymaster. It was used as an FAC in Viet-Nam. So at least you'd have an airplane that can DO something. Having a Cessna O-2 marking your targets with rockets might be a blast. And you'd have your civilian version, too. It's fast, has retractable gears, and is much more fun to fly than a 172.
Why have you flown so many hours in it, if that's boring? :p

Anyway, I think you're missing the point of the thread.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:29 AM   #133
Ercoupe

Because when you're a private pilot, and that's what the school you're with uses and that's what they rent...then that's what you fly. My last airplane was a kitplane. A Sonex. A whole lot more fun than a Cessna 172.
The Cessna 172 isn't a bad airplane, don't get me wrong. But you have a flight sim where people can design the most excting planes in the world for you to fly. And you want the Cessna 172? I stand by my post.
And what do you mean I don't understand the post? The guy wants a Cessna 172 in here. What is it that I'm not understanding?
Ercoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:45 AM   #134
Redglyph

I've spent hours in those too, and I never find that boring. But that's not really the point, few people here are actual pilots so the argument "I'm a pilot and I have spent many hours in this so I don't see why you would want to do that" seems a bit ... selfish? Or even downgrading? Think about how it's perceived.

I'm pretty sure that a guy who has to fly hours in an A-10 or an F-16 repeatedly during an intensive exercise like Red Flag, or an engagement like the Gulf War, would not want to have that in a sim. So if he gets back, happens to find a forum here where people are excited about the incoming F-16, do you think he would write such a post "Guys, I'm flying that all day long now, it's boring, why would you want to do that? You take off, blow stuff as usual, land, and that's it, you'd pay for that?"

As said before by Pyroflash, those GA planes, as simple as they may be, have a huge success in X-Plane, FSX, P3D, and others. They have a huge success in real life too, because private pilots can't always afford to buy a DA-42 or an aerobatic airplane, but also because you can learn a lot in them.

Finally, the length of the thread speaks for itself, it should be a clue that what you wrote is probably not in tune with what people think (but maybe the point was to be provocative?). Yes, the title says "Cessna 172", but it's about training with something easier for people who never flew a plane or people who just want to relax, and especially, it's also to be taken with a bit of salt

Something more exciting? It's just all over the place.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:32 AM   #135
Bogey Jammer

There are plenty of other simulators that renders perfectly that aircraft with a proper environment. Why make life harder to everyone here ?
МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 F-14A Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module
Bogey Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:43 AM   #136
Redglyph

All those comments and questions have been said, asked and answered before
Old 06-06-2019, 12:57 PM   #137
ResonantCard1

Cannot wait to have a Cessna modded for bootleg ground attack

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
ResonantCard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:20 PM   #138
Big Nuts

Should be a 185 with a stol kit doing rough field ops.
Big Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:09 AM   #139
RustBelt

Nahhh Cessna 337 with options for O-2 and Lynx configurations.
RustBelt is offline   Reply With Quote