DCS cameras, views and video recording - Page 18 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-14-2019, 05:38 PM   #171
Х-stounds
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealius View Post
Asymmetric settings are disabled, but if I don't create a deadzone with the curves my camera is extremely twitchy. OpenTrack won't stabilize it. I've tried adjusting the threshold, the EWMA filter curves, and the mapping curves, but unless I give it a small deadzone it's twitchy as hell. The problem with the deadzone is that if I pan 180 degrees, it will slow down or briefly stop right at the 90-degree point, which screws up my tracking of moving objects.
This is a matter of habit. As I said, you can adjust not only the filter but also the saturation and intensity of the axis itself. You can adjust the axis so that it is very fast and sharp, but the full deflection of your head corresponded to a slight rotation of the camera. Or vice versa, so that it rotates smoothly and at a greater angle, there you can tune in as you please and as you like. Sometimes it is useful to keep the object in the padlock, press the centering of the camera, and already work with your head, or follow your head regardless of the object, but it works more on the ground, but if you are shooting the plane at high angles, use the padlock.
Х-stounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:36 AM   #172
Nealius
Veteran

Those settings still do not reduce the jitter when my head is perfectly still. This makes it impossible to get a stable shot, which is a big deal for static scenes. The only way to reduce the jitter is by putting a complete deadzone in my yaw/pitch curves. Even when padlocking, there's enough jitter to completely ruin a zoomed-in shot because the movement is amplified.

My head was not moving when I filmed this. Opentrack was detecting minor (nonexistent) movements in my LEDs.

ASUS Z170 | i5-7600 | RTX2070 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10
Nealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #173
Х-stounds
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Those settings still do not reduce the jitter when my head is perfectly still. This makes it impossible to get a stable shot, which is a big deal for static scenes. The only way to reduce the jitter is by putting a complete deadzone in my yaw/pitch curves. Even when padlocking, there's enough jitter to completely ruin a zoomed-in shot because the movement is amplified.

My head was not moving when I filmed this. Opentrack was detecting minor (nonexistent) movements in my LEDs.
This is very strange, in fact, these parameters create a curve for the dead zone. If you stand up the dead zone manually, you will have a step in the center position, and the camera passing through the center will bump into this notch. With my settings, the camera moves smoothly and does not swing by itself, everything depends on the smoothness of the movement of the head). In this case, I would like to see the recording of your window with diodes, maybe they uvas flicker strongly, and also tell me which camera do you use?

Old 07-16-2019, 01:12 PM   #174
Nealius
Veteran

I tried the exact curves but still had the same jitter. Here's my OpenTrack LED image:

I can't change the LED size or threshold settings without the jitter either becoming worse, or the LEDs not being detected. I use a Life Cam VX-1000 with the IR filter removed and a piece of exposed film acting as a visible light filter. I wonder if adding a second or third layer of exposed film will get more precise LED detection.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:35 PM   #175
Х-stounds
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
I tried the exact curves but still had the same jitter. Here's my OpenTrack LED image:

I can't change the LED size or threshold settings without the jitter either becoming worse, or the LEDs not being detected. I use a Life Cam VX-1000 with the IR filter removed and a piece of exposed film acting as a visible light filter. I wonder if adding a second or third layer of exposed film will get more precise LED detection.
Then the reason is already clearer to me, I use "Sony PS3 Eye camera" and infrared diodes. Any diodes tend to flicker, if I remove the anti-aliasing parameter in the filter, my camera will also twitch, and the stronger the zoom the more appropriately the jitter will be. Another question is whether you have a focus setting on your camera lens? On the camera "Sony PS3 Eye camera" you need to try to set a lens between the two marks of the focus, although there is no fixed position, the image of the diodes becomes clearer, but it does not help to completely get rid of the jitter, the very jitter in my case smoothes the "Optrek filter" and smoothness movement I provide the setting of the axes.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:13 PM   #176
Nealius
Veteran

Are those anti-aliasing settings and focus settings through the PS3 Eye camera's settings? My OpenTrack and VX-1000 properties don't have any of those settings.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:16 PM   #177
Х-stounds
3rd Party Developer

I give you an example of only the settings from the very "open track". Here are my camera settings in the very "open track and showed you how my diodes look at different focusing.
And speaking of the camera settings, I meant if you have a focus twist on the camera itself?

Old 07-17-2019, 10:20 AM   #178
Nealius
Veteran

There doesn't appear to be a focus twist on my camera. I might have to upgrade to a PS3 Eye in order to get smoother tracking.

Old 09-25-2019, 01:28 PM   #179
ilgrillo

The replay, even for a multiplayer local server .trk doesn't work. In the last case, the world is empty. No player aircraft.
Yes, I flagged the "allows" in advanced setting of multiplayer local server.
Yes, the track is not in pause.
Yes, the mission options have the external views on.
ilgrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 03:35 AM   #180
Paveway333

Hey guys! I am in need of some serious troubleshooting. Couple of years ago i used to record in dcs, using both shadowplay,obs and bandicam. At the time i owned a 3440x1440 60hz monitor with a Gtx 1080 and the recordings came out perfect.

Current hardware consists of a new monitor 2560x1440 144Hz G-Sync and a RTX 2080 TI.
Since i bought the new hardware a while back I cannot seem to get smooth recording anymore, doesn't matter if i use OBS or Shadowplay. I get this "frame drop"/"stutter" especially in panning shots. This stutter is not visible when i record in-game, my clips seems ok when I look in the properties (constant 60fps). Have someone of you with similar hardware run into this issue?

BTW i use RTTS for capping fps at 60, mostly to get rid of stutter caused by TrackIR that wants either 60 or 120 fps.
Tried booth Fullscreen and Windowed.
Paveway333 is offline   Reply With Quote