More Inert/Training Munitions

Swift.

• 2 weeks later...

Would be nice if these training weapons would work like they do in RL - meaning that we could stay up in the air practicing without shooting each other down while flying over NTTR...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Having all of this and a properly modelled TCTS pod would be amazing. It'd be really nice if we could practice A-G and A-A completely without live weapons. I'm gonna have to say the "I" word.

I M M E R S I O N

• Thanks 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• 10 months later...

Now where des discussion on 4 HARM´s and so on are running, what about realisitc and usable weapons? Okay, there is a blue sidewinder, but where are the blue CATM-120? Blue Mk82, LGB versions?

Not just for the Viper, those models can enhance the squadron missions also on F/A-18, F-15, and all other jets using those weapons?

• Like 2

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

Now where des discussion on 4 HARM´s and so on are running, what about realisitc and usable weapons? Okay, there is a blue sidewinder, but where are the blue CATM-120? Blue Mk82, LGB versions?

Not just for the Viper, those models can enhance the squadron missions also on F/A-18, F-15, and all other jets using those weapons?

And don't forget the TGM-88 ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would be nice if these training weapons would work like they do in RL - meaning that we could stay up in the air practicing without shooting each other down while flying over NTTR...

YES!

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

Training weapons don't do anything...they're just cosmetic and display the symbology, so I don't follow the "when they work correctly" part.

Things like CATM-120 should show flyout symbology when launched, so they do need to do something

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

They should be correctly displayed on SMS page, they should behave correctly with switching modes, etc. Thanks!

Yeah, the symbology I mentioned. It's not as simple as taking the code from the "live" weapon and removing the whole firing line(s) of the code, thus leaving only the symbology?

Yeah, the symbology I mentioned. It's not as simple as taking the code from the "live" weapon and removing the whole firing line(s) of the code, thus leaving only the symbology?

I would suspect the live stuff code helps, but no not the same I think

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• 3 years later...
On 9/26/2020 at 9:04 PM, cofcorpse said:

We will add some training weapons when we will be sure that they work correctly.

Some three years passed. Is there any news on further CATM, TGM-65 (training Mavericks are already available for the A-10C, not for the F-16C though) and similar intert/training ordnance? They are badly needed as they make training way more realistic and immersive. Cheers!

• Like 1