Any chance of a new Razbam video status update or a company statement on modules? - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-18-2019, 01:03 AM   #31
WildWeasel303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
I give credit to Overstartos since he did participate in the mig side of things, and seems like Elwood is doing the same on the Mirage side, but its business as usual over here mostly, though I did appreciate that Zeus popped in with a few more details on jdams.
If that kind of involvement and response in general (like a state of razbam or something) was even once a week just to give a rough standing on their progress and what sort of issues they are focusing, it would go a long way towards rebuilding the atmosphere with the customer base. Hell, I think a lot of us would settle for even bi-weekly with just a couple short sentences or key points. I understand they're busy/focusing their efforts on fixing things when they can, but it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to give a short post saying "Hey, this is what we're working on/tracking, more to come soon".
Modules: F-16C / F-14B / AV-8B / F/A-18C / M2000C / C-101 / A-10C / AJS-37 / F-5 / MiG-21 / F-86 / FC3 / FW190A8 / Spitfire Mk IX / KA-50 / UH-1 / Mi-8 / SA342 / Combat Arms / Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandy
System: Fractal Meshify C / Ryzen 2600x @ 4.1gHz / 32gb Trident Z 3000mHz / ROG Strix B-450F / Corsair H110i Pro / RTX 2070 Super FE / 1TB SSD / Corsair RM1000x / TrackIR 5 / Logitech X56 Rhino / Astro A40 TR+Mixamp
IRL: Actively Serving USAF F-16C Crew Chief / Private Pilot
WildWeasel303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:11 PM   #32
SGT Coyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWeasel303 View Post
If that kind of involvement and response in general (like a state of razbam or something) was even once a week just to give a rough standing on their progress and what sort of issues they are focusing, it would go a long way towards rebuilding the atmosphere with the customer base. Hell, I think a lot of us would settle for even bi-weekly with just a couple short sentences or key points. I understand they're busy/focusing their efforts on fixing things when they can, but it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to give a short post saying "Hey, this is what we're working on/tracking, more to come soon".

I totally agree.

I would also say that a timely response, not resolution, to bug reports would be greatly appreciated. Along with a tag on the title that it's been [REPORTED], or other appropriate status, would go a long way.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:16 AM   #33
Worrazen

With opensource projects the community is not so demanding because of the general perception that it's "a bunch of amateurs that donate their free time to the project", so the users are more respectable by default toward the staff, subconsciously even, as it's a perception that their peers work on the code, their friends from the other class, or another school, another home, which is still half true, even tho some project these days have pretty good people doing really complicated work and many of them are actually genuine employees in large business position (but they usually dont disclose or it's noted low profile), the perception stuck because it all started from people at home and the cottage way of just some fellows in a garage, that perception will probably stick for a very long time, ofcourse the free natrue of it also helps that a lot, it's all free, even tho they're not interchangible, and under the hood some devs get paid, but it's not directly known by the community, there no PR about it, so these realities get unnoticed.

Some console emulator projects seem to be trying to get commercial and closing their source code down, so as more people get into some of the projects and more grassroots people than there is, more who want to work full time, but the commercialization makes it morph out of opensource completely technically, but practically, if they don't embrace the corporate business model facelift and PR with fancy logos, then those projects will most probably have the (unfair) advantage of a laxer community to almost everything they do (wrong), as that opensource perception will remain in their users.

Now the other side: Because Razbam started as a traditional studio with a central entity name, a cool name that really does sound grandiose, I find myself sometimes singing "RAAAZ-BAAAAM" to myself when I would do random chores totally outside of DCS away of the computer while not even thinking about DCS; a company logo, sort of the basic corporate business model face, it makes things looks more official and authoritative, did I mention grandiose, while still it's just a studio and not as over-the-top as the mega corporations, while employing people that are hundreds of times more passionate, rich in legacy, down-to-earth, etc than any "get-rich-fast no-morality employee" (half of that is the perception by outsiders) working for profit hungry conglomerate. However it's again half true, the employees of the mega corporation conglomerates aren't that bad as they are viewed by the (certain) public, still it is true that in a lower-profit industry it's the passion and genuine interest that drives people to work so it at the same time true by some extent, which would have been a good advantage, but the corporate model perception cancels that out, instead of getting more respect, it's the opposite, less, well that doesn't make sense right, it doesn't seem fair right.

This across the board customer expectation/perception ofcourse isn't Razbam's fault originally, ofcourse not, this societal perception originates from the big corporate business and the PR side of it, traced back to the authoritative structures, the old kings and castles, medieval families and monarchs, that had their mottos and shields and flags, and all the bling to make it seem royal and godlike.; It has been responsible for the idea in the general society that everything great and everything big can only come from a big corporation, they can provide on-time updates, fast tech support, armies of babysitters, but behind it is a big mad industry with stress, overtime, all kinds of human problems, health, morale, satisfaction, etc, it's hardly reflecting normal civilized life, and as more and more businesses provide more and more basic life services the more customers are dependant on these giants, if one of them lacks the established pace, they'll immediately notice, but it will also drastically impact their practical life, it's dependency. On this last note, DCS is an entertainment product, it's not a basic need of life, so that should be taken into account by the community.

The problem for Razbam is that, promises were made, hype was made, all the corporate PR was made, while using the corporate model image, so customers get the idea to expect something big big big, and if hype is not realistic then it ofcourse, as it should, has an opposite effect later on the way back, that's why the company sort of has to expect the backlash and walk into that risk with knowledge of the consequences.

This swings it into the customer favor in this case, when promises are made, and when it's about getting Early Access finished.

But it's not like black-and-white, I don't agree being so doom-gloom about a few weeks, so exaggeration can discredit the valid stuff; but more than 2 months is starting to be on the side of "hmm, what's cooking" and not a doom situation, 4th month would be more serious, over 6 months would be doomy, because traditional, down-to-earth and passionate non-profit-hungry employees tend to want to work less hours a day, have other hobbies and interests, and generally have a slower paced life style, unlike the big big corporations, at least that's the idea if it's necessairly in Razbam but if they do work as long maybe they should think hiring more employees, there could be passionate people hiding out there that would be of great fit but it takes effort finding them!!!

Then posting specific criticism on unrelated videos/posts I think is not appropriate, a video is like a specific thread IMO, if it's a video about M2000C, then it shouldn't be valid to post talk and opinion about AV-8B N/A on it, among other things. I think this is sort of abuse to get message out via a shortcut, but this is kinda expected human behavior trying to find shortcuts for everything in life (well that bites back eventually, you don't want to turn into a robot), everyone's susceptible to it and it's easy to get unconsciously into such shortcuts and bypasses, because it's convenient, but here's a twist, I can see how it may partially go back to the authors, the company, a new video posted is like a heartbeat (a ping for submariners), as soon as the angry apples in the community detect what they percieve as a "heartbeat of life" from the company they will immediately respond with the most pressing issue on their mind that is big enough to in their mind override the topic rules, subconsciously even. While they may be indeed technically in the wrong, it's offtopic, it's also in a way the author's, the company's problem for not taking care of the said topic, and/or not providing enough appropriate heartbeats (in the appropriate sections) for that subject the angry apple and other customers are raising.
DCS-Setup: Win10 x64 1607, 1440p@75"32, MOBO: Asus P9X79, CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 4.0GHz, GPU: Radeon RX 480 8GB, 24 GB RAM @ 1333 Mhz, DCS on SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, Saitek Cyborg X/FLY5 joystick.

Last edited by Worrazen; 10-21-2019 at 04:42 AM.
Worrazen is offline   Reply With Quote