2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

the pilot must watch the turbine speed and reduce boost not to over-speed as well as watch the carb temperature to avoid detonation.

Oh!!! That's one thing that should be simulated by damage model when it arrives, this should give some very nice effects and moments in a match when someone makes a mistake and it blows up like wa wa waaaaa and everyone ghasps, exploding from the inside and blowing metal apart and a fireball with some smoke and spiralling down that would be some great feel of reality.

Oh and I'm talking about the destruction in an geometry-graphical artistic way, not in the gore-death type of lust, if anyones wondering.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Great newsletter this week, thanks for all the info ED :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I'm impressed about the new behaviors of the AI after the last patch. I was testing the Normady quick mission of the Mustang and engaged one of the two 109 while my AI wingman was taking care of the other one. The 109 manage very well his energy during the dogfight and at some point he did an aweseome "return to combat manouver'', some kind of Richard Candelaria stuff and I was fortunate enought to realize in time, I had to quickly roll to the left to avoid his attack. I will try to reproduce this stuff and save the track, it was a really impressive move. :thumbup:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Only critique I can give towards the AI right now is they need to take (on Excellent) some chancy shots like when scissoring. Had some of them literally aimed straight at me and not take a shot. And when flying in a group to better cover each other.

Besides that they felt so good, really felt as if I was playing vs other people.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Only critique I can give towards the AI right now is they need to take (on Excellent) some chancy shots like when scissoring.

They do take snapshots when scissoring. I just had an Excellent F-16 AI shoot my Hornet as I was trying to get behind him. He hit me with only 2 shots, so I managed to get behind him anyway, but it seems that the AI does this, sometimes.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I really liked the news and the new transparency policy with the public! Keep it up! ED is on the right track!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4077740

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I really liked the news and the new transparency policy with the public! Keep it up! ED is on the right track!
Absolutely! I would only add, feel free ED to release incremental changes to the GFM in beta and let us 'test' them out rather than wait for the initial implementation of all features and releasing it in one big bang.

Really liking the focus on the core AI stuff. It's what I've wanted to see and makes me feel good about buying modules and supporting ED in that way.

PC specs:

I wonder if the GFM will help with formation transition for the AI. For example, currently if y'all are flying close line abreast and you tell your wingman to go trail, he warps behind you in a VERY unrealistic way.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Where is the Development Report #1 found that is referenced in today's news letter?

Good question.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

New AI FM (GFM) - currently in progress

and

UH-1H Multi-Crew Functionality - currently in internal testing

Oh, I also expected a bigger post.

Then perhaps some colon, bullets and indents might make it more obvious.

E.g. Development report #1:

- New AI FM

- UH-1H

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Oh, I also expected a bigger post.

I had a similar response and confusion at first. I suspect that this was a slightly rushed, last-minute addition in response to the various frustrations that have surfaced on the forums over the past few days.

Hopefully the format will evolve and expand over time, but it’s a welcome first step in the right direction.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Wow. Very happy about ED's decision to provide regular development briefs! Thank you :thumbup:

Was great to see the recent work/ tweaks to the AI, and now the GFM to compliment that work too. Great move!.

However, multi-crew for the Huey! My jaw hit the ground. Finally on the way. Thank you!!

Just multi-crew for the Mi-8 to go and I can die a happy man!! :smilewink:

Edited by Phantom453
typo

I remember seeing somewhere that old Belsimtek would develop a new version of Huey. Called Huey 2.0. I can't say for sure what would be new. I hope it's true and have new 3D model and PBR textures among other things.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.