Mission Editor Broken - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-07-2015, 03:09 AM   #1
too-cool

Default Mission Editor Broken

I'm attempting to create a new mission using the mission editor, the problem I'm having is that when I choose the aircraft and set the group, pilot etc, and left click a base to place the aircraft, it doesn't place the aircraft on the field and I'm unable to choose the load-out or paint scheme for the plane and there fore the mission is never created. I have done a repair but still the same results. These are the instruction I'm using. My game version is 1216.39472. The plane is the P-51D which I have installed. Any Idea's?

5:18

DCS World Editor - Creating a Freeflight mission

Thanks TC
too-cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:38 AM   #2
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Usually when you can't select anything the mission editor has encountered an error and you have to force close the game. In your C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs folder there will be an "me.log" and an "me.log.old" file. These files provide a log of what what happens in the editor and if there is an error the info will be in there. Try to place the aircraft as you have been doing and then attach the log files so we can see if anything weird is in them.

Also what happens when you try to add an aircraft group and simply place it on the map before selecting the P-51D, the groups name, placing waypoins, etc?
Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:28 AM   #3
Midnight

Do you have this problem with all the planes and units? Check that you do not have a zip file of maybe a repaint that you have done in the P-51 Livery folder.

http://www.vsaaf.co.za
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #4
too-cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
Usually when you can't select anything the mission editor has encountered an error and you have to force close the game. In your C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs folder there will be an "me.log" and an "me.log.old" file. These files provide a log of what what happens in the editor and if there is an error the info will be in there. Try to place the aircraft as you have been doing and then attach the log files so we can see if anything weird is in them.

Also what happens when you try to add an aircraft group and simply place it on the map before selecting the P-51D, the groups name, placing waypoins, etc?
Here are the log files and I have no luck placing any aircraft on the map.
Attached Files
File Type: zip me.log.zip (2.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: zip me.zip (3.0 KB, 41 views)
Old 07-07-2015, 08:08 PM   #5
too-cool

Placing on map before selecting aircraft works but I have no available weapons load-out of paint scheme choices plus if I attempt to fly the game locks up. TC
Old 07-07-2015, 11:58 PM   #6
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Something is wrong in your description.lua file for your custom livery. Specifically: Bazar/Liveries/P-51D/USAF 328th FS, Too-Cool_TC/description.lua

I guess post that file to see what is going on, could be as simple as a syntax error.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:51 AM   #7
too-cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
Something is wrong in your description.lua file for your custom livery. Specifically: Bazar/Liveries/P-51D/USAF 328th FS, Too-Cool_TC/description.lua

I guess post that file to see what is going on, could be as simple as a syntax error.
Here you go. TC
Attached Files
File Type: lua description.lua (3.7 KB, 219 views)
Old 07-08-2015, 03:38 AM   #8
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Yup, you didn't comment out a line so it can't read the file and it is generating the error.

Change line 54

Too-Cool_TC

to

--Too-Cool_TC
Old 07-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #9
too-cool

That did the trick, Thanks a Lot for all the help. TC

Thanks Again....
Old 10-16-2019, 04:22 AM   #10
HawgDawg4Life

Default Wow and that god for old threads

So I ran into this problem yesterday. I zipped up a livery I made to send to a friend and didnt delete the zip file after sending it. Then, in the editor, I couldnt add any hueys to any mission and the missions that already had a huey blew up as described here.

Thanks (albeit belated) for this thread. lol

HawgDawg4Life is offline   Reply With Quote