675 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy FC3

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following is my question, why didn't ED mention Nevada in the letter?

What is there to say, apart from confirming that work is ongoing? That should be obvious. As to content, well, again, nothing that can be added from what is not already known from previous releases and updates.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

It depends on how many and interesting the new features are .If just like FC2 upgrade. I won't buy .

My wish list:

1.3D cocpkit (6DOF)

2 detailed model for all the planes

3 cleverer AI

4 AFM

etc maybe ground crew...

1 No

2 No

3 ....

4 No

Wrong wihslist :)

I think that is what most people will decide on. If the new features are worth it, they will buy. If people feel the new features aren't worth it they won't buy it.

Nate

This ^^^^

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I think that is what most people will decide on. If the new features are worth it, they will buy. If people feel the new features aren't worth it they won't buy it.

Nate

Many will buy if them bugs you're working on get fixed. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nate

Agreed. Maybe was not a choice.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Of course. As a modeler, the advantages of the new engine and features that .EDM offer are well worth it.

I'll buy FC3, if ED return Crimean Peninsula terrain, which they have rejected I do not know why?

32-bit (which is what FC2 is) doesn't support larger maps, so it was excluded to include the new area that was introduced in BS.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Once Nevada is released I really don't think I'll be flying anywhere else,I've kinda reached my limit with the old terrain and look forward to some Red Flag Scenario's in The Mojave Desert.Can't wait!!!

So No on FC3 for me.

Patrick

mini.gif

Once Nevada is released I really don't think I'll be flying anywhere else,I've kinda reached my limit with the old terrain and look forward to some Red Flag Scenario's in The Mojave Desert.Can't wait!!!

So No on FC3 for me.

IIRC FC3 and Nevada are intended to be compatible.

Nate

So No on FC3 for me.

You should be able to fly in Nevada in FC3 with the core-based system and all, plus any other future maps that are added to the DCS world.

Since I still have loads of fun with FC2, I will certainly buy FC3, even if the update is only modest. I guess the least we will get is some of the newer 3D models that are already in DCS series, maybe the weather engine and new mission editor. And maybe a 64-bit version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since I still have loads of fun with FC2, I will certainly buy FC3, even if the update is only modest. I guess the least we will get is some of the newer 3D models that are already in DCS series, maybe the weather engine and new mission editor. And maybe a 64-bit version.

Should be a yes to all of that. With the core-based system, all the modules should use the same GUI, mission editor, weather engine, 3D models and exe. A unified system for everything. Thank God...

I was under the impression that the resource management thing was basically a global feature, like the mission editor.

Additionally, given enough demands for it and ED certainly is no dummy, I'm certain they're working on treating aircraft as modules to a global engine instead of separate installs, which will make it much easier to integrate it all together (and end up with a much better game as well).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was hoping for resource management in DCS.

Please don't quote me on this but as I understand it FC3 would add it's features and Aircraft to the Core module - which would then be available to the other modules (A-10 etc) installed in the core. This would apply to Combined Arms also. However the reason I say don't quote me on this is that it is possible I've misunderstood the concept of the Core.

Moving to Core-Based System

Later in 2012, The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics will transition the DCS series to a core-based system. What do we mean by a core-based system? This means that the main DCS engine that includes the GUI interface will serve as the core that content modules plug into it. Such content could include vehicles, maps, campaigns, etc. This will allow purchased DCS content to be accessed through a single DCS core hub.

Not only will this allow previous and future DCS aircraft to be fully integrated, but it will also allow 3rd party content to be easily integrated into the DCS series.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1432602#post1432602

Nate