FC 2.0?? su27 vs f15???

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just waiting for someone to read this thread and end up putting a shark 3d model out there ...

Though really, shouldn't it be applied to Ka-50's :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

(The old Airquake comment is really an old argument) As for the mission's end of giving a player a sense of a goal, well we all know that triggers help that situation. You just have to wait while the community pumps out some missions since FC2 just came out 2 weeks ago. The stock MP missions that came out with the sim have some good examples.

I don't quite agree with that statement. The stock MP missions that came with the game are a great example of a static mission with added messages for when the objectives get destroyed. Theres nothing wrong with just having messages when something like that happens, but if you are not in the server at that moment you still won't know. I would point my finger to that TF2 like capture the flag gamemode from Black Shark. That was way more creative because the maker had to write a program within the triggers to allow that gamemode to function. It wasn't that much fun because in it the Black Shark was doing things that its not really meant to do (A2A combat). But the mission is still a shining example of what can be done. At the time I thought it that mission had a ton of triggers, oh boy was I wrong. :music_whistling:

Just remember that the more scripted a mission is, the more linear and repetitive it can be, where as in a static mission a players options are more open
Scripted with regard to FC2 triggers means two things to me.

A. "Scripted" where triggers act in a linear fashion (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

B. "Scripting" where triggers govern how the scripted triggers act or allow for random variables.

I understand what you meant by static missions, being able to do whatever you want and being more open ended, but its not exactly a trait of only static missions. The game is already open ended, its already "DCS:GTA" We are not bound by invisible walls preventing us from flying outside that combat area. In a static mission you can do what you want, but it doesn't change anything. Taking out strategic or tactical objects simply doesn't matter. It will either respawn via triggers or nobody on your team will notice or care that its gone. There is no feeling of failure if the enemy sinks a ship or anything else like that. In that regard I think the "Airquake" comments still hold water.

Whats more reptitive 'doing something and nothing happens', or 'doing something and there is an effect'? I speak of something more than just "shooting down the awacs... so the other team has no awacs" we could do that in FC1. I mean "shoot down the awacs, and a joint operations strike between land, air and sea commences on a target"

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I see the su-27 issue this way:

It is early 70s in the Soviet Union. You are a mig-23 pilot, you know your airplane is not nearly as good as the new f-15 or the light fighter f-16, even worst some of your pilots friends think that it is mediocre and not a worthy replacement for the mig-21. But you are lucky... at least you are not flying an su-15. Then in on the eighties you are a sharpshooter pilot, and the party tells you that you are to fly the mig-29. One day at the base you see your first mig-29 and su-27 demo. Amazed you see that it can take off in less than 400 meters, it can do tailslides without going into a spin or loosing the engines like it would have happened on the mig-23. Then it does a suden pich up to 110 aoa! Later that day you get a brief that tells you that the mig-29 and su-27 matches and in some elements betters the americans. In some other elements your new mig and su are a bit behind but you are told that upgrades are comming.... fast fortward; it is the year 2001. Russia is recovering from the Fall of the Soviet Union, and you are still waiting for those upgrades promissed back in 1989; even worst you already know that the export version of the same aircraft you been flying has all the upgrades you needed; you also know that the f-15c and f-16 are not the same fighters from the 80s.....

We russian flanketeers and mig pilots are in the same situation we are still flying a 1984 mig and su-27; while our enemy is flying a newer f-15c.

and this as a backup if you fly to low.

Edited by Bolt-1

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

Ops,there goes one mig...or is it su,i cant see good , it was too fast :D

Running away from AMRAAM ? :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ