Problems Getting the Hornet to Launch

SPOKEY

I AM HAVING REAL PROBLEM TRYING GET MY HORNET INTO THE LAUNCH BAR TO GET LAUNCHED OFF THE CARRIER. I AM USING THE SITECH RUDDERS. AFTER VIEWING VIDEOS FROM UTUBE AND READING THE MANUAL IT SEAMS IMPOSSABLE TO LINE IT UP CORRECTLY. I ALSO HAVE THE TM WARTHOG HOTAS. IS THERE . PLEASE CAN U HELP AND IS THERE AN EASY WAY TO DO THIS?

THANK YOU,

SPOKEY

Don't forget to activate the NWS HI nosewheel steering. With normal nosewheel steering it's pretty hard to taxi around the deck.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

You do not ned to line up correctly perfectly, but the most you are the least chance you get from your bird to be hooked to the shuttle while ending a bit angled. Best trick is, give yourself some space to align to, i mean if hard to do, jsut align yourself further than where the blast doors open/raise with NWS HI (NWS HI can be achieve with wings extendid by keeping the button pressed, can'T remember default key binding) or with wings folded you press it once and it'll stay on NWS HI until you repressed it).

You do not need to be perfely over the shuttle also, you got a few feets off, front or back of the shuttle that it'll auto-connect, i rather stop before going passed the shuttle when i connect. Also if you want, onced align, move close to the shuttle with F2 view, once there, jump in cockpit view and give yourself some reference point, left or right as you want, as next time you'll know where to stop as this references is where it needs, do it for both CATS (or 4 if you use the ones back of the ship)

Hello Spokey, are you pressing U when you are in line with the catapult? Also, are you lowering your launch bar beforehand?

what I´ve noticed is that one doesnt line up properly even by using U if one doesnt line up nearly correctly in the first place...It happened a view times that I was set on the cat after pressing U but was shot over deck almost between the catapults...may be this is fixed already, I havent been flying in a while already.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

To be connected to the Launch Shuttle you must have your launch bar in the EXTEND position before you press U and be aligned properly on the CAT rail.

It takes a bit of practice to line up in the correct spot but you do not have to be 100% accurate, as long as you are close enough to the shuttle with the Launch Bar in the EXTEND position, when you press U you will be connected to the Launch Bar.

Remember before you power up to Mill,select the Launch Bar to RETRACT, check your flaps and trim, do your wipeout check... power up and enjoy the ride!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad