UH-1H Huey B8 Cyclic joystick 3D printed grip

Hi Everyone,

After many hours of looking for an affordable replica helicopter grip to use on a MSFFB2 I gave up and decided to make one using a 3D printer.

1450811557_Hueyjoystickcyclicgrip.JPG.7a75f97223af0aac8ddd0ade65f209ec.JPG

I ended up building this grip for about $50 AUD not including the MSFFB2.

I found another guys design on thingiverse.com and modified it to be used as a joystick and fitted it to the MSFFB2 base which I did the resistor mod on to increase the force feedback power.

I have written up a build guide on how I printed and built this thing in the following link.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2235488

Please feel free to discuss this project in the comments section on that page as I don't spend as much time on this forum.

Enjoy

I love how you guys do such awesome DIY. Just great to see.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 1 year later...
Hi Everyone,

After many hours of looking for an affordable replica helicopter grip to use on a MSFFB2 I gave up and decided to make one using a 3D printer.

[ATTACH]160795[/ATTACH]

I ended up building this grip for about $50 AUD not including the MSFFB2.

I found another guys design on thingiverse.com and modified it to be used as a joystick and fitted it to the MSFFB2 base which I did the resistor mod on to increase the force feedback power.

I have written up a build guide on how I printed and built this thing in the following link.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2235488

Please feel free to discuss this project in the comments section on that page as I don't spend as much time on this forum.

Enjoy

Can you teel how you desinged it???Or post the file so i can 3d print it :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank I found it.You think that it worth the money?

Yeah being that it's reasonably cheap to make it's great fun to use. It's still a cheap option using old FFB technology but it's so much better to use a non spring centering stick when flying rotary wing.

You can also use the force trim switch correctly in the Huey to switch the FFB on and off for easier hovering or stick position hold...although again it's not perfect as the Microsoft FFB is old tech.

I will make a full custom joystick so the only thing I want is the feeling to be good.Also what switch or buttons you put on it?from the old joystick or buy new???post if you can some pictures.To print it here the asked me about 50€.I want to found someone to help me design and put on it more buttons..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will make a full custom joystick so the only thing I want is the feeling to be good.Also what switch or buttons you put on it?from the old joystick or buy new???post if you can some pictures.To print it here the asked me about 50€.I want to found someone to help me design and put on it more buttons..

All of the items I used are listed on the Thingiverse page that I linked where I put all the information required to make the cyclic so check that page out mate.

Why not use Leo bednor pc boards they offer a lot more buttons ans axis than some old joystick and they are plug in play

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.