SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

I've installed the SimShaker for DCS and SimShaker Sound Module. I have connected my buttkicker to secondary sound card (ASUS Xonar DX) and DCS is using default sound card (Creative SB X-Fi). I can't get any sound in Buttkicker.

I have tried connecting it to Sub/Center output, and main speaker output. When I have headphones connected to front channel output, I can hear the test sound on left channel, but I don't get anything on buttkicker.

I might be doing something wrong and if yes, I have no idea what.

By the way, while having headphones connected to front channel, and sellecting 2 Transducers Number option to test sound play, I still hear the test sound only on left channel... nothing on right (but should be on both, right?)

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

I've installed the SimShaker for DCS and SimShaker Sound Module. I have connected my buttkicker to secondary sound card (ASUS Xonar DX) and DCS is using default sound card (Creative SB X-Fi). I can't get any sound in Buttkicker.

I have tried connecting it to Sub/Center output, and main speaker output. When I have headphones connected to front channel output, I can hear the test sound on left channel, but I don't get anything on buttkicker.

I might be doing something wrong and if yes, I have no idea what.

Have you selected ASUS Xonar DX at Sound Module dropdown?

By the way, while having headphones connected to front channel, and sellecting 2 Transducers Number option to test sound play, I still hear the test sound only on left channel... nothing on right (but should be on both, right?)

This is normal in current version, don't worry about it.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you selected ASUS Xonar DX at Sound Module dropdown?

Yes I have.

I got the test sound to work now, I changed the RCA connector on the Buttkicker from red to white (meaning from right to left channel), and now it works (test sound that is). But I still don't get any effects in Buttkicker in DCS (I tried both tester and public version)

This is normal in current version, don't worry about it.

OK

One question: Is GAIN % at 0 default sound level and I don't have to increase it?

EDIT: I get a feeling I am supposed to enable lua export (which I haven't done). Maybe that's why it doesn't work in DCS?

Edited by Kuky

i saw this thread, and my jaw dropped!

i run a seat that has a buttkicker LFE and aura shaker.

i have an elaborate setup where standard audio goes to an audio interface into a cross over (low pass), next into a multiplexer to split the signal (with no db loss) into two amps that power the Buttkicker and aura respectively.

using the standard audio sucks because i hate when people talk in teamspeak, my chair vibrates.

i look forward to testing with you guys once i complete my controller mods.

wow! keep working on this, this type of program is needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*update*

in the future i would like to make a controller that resembles the spade grip of a minigun/ M2 browning.

i would be intended for door gunners on the uh-1 or mi-8

should belsimtek decide to formalize dedicated doorgun axis controls that would be separate from the camera view axis, i would embark on building this (although people say check off the trackIR option, so i can look around indpendantly from thegunsight of the doorgun)

i had a thought of incorporating a Shaker on this controller, and it would be awesome to channel the appropriate sounds so it feels like im using a doorgun...

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Yes I have.

I got the test sound to work now, I changed the RCA connector on the Buttkicker from red to white (meaning from right to left channel), and now it works (test sound that is). But I still don't get any effects in Buttkicker in DCS (I tried both tester and public version)

I've just published Sound Module update with both left and right channels playing at Test Sound Play. Sorry for inconvenience.

One question: Is GAIN % at 0 default sound level and I don't have to increase it?

I don't understand the question, sorry.

EDIT: I get a feeling I am supposed to enable lua export (which I haven't done). Maybe that's why it doesn't work in DCS?

Yes, lua export is mandatory for SimShaker to work. Please, have a look at debug info window (SimShaker --> View --> Show Debug Info). Can you see any activity there?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've just published Sound Module update with both left and right channels playing at Test Sound Play. Sorry for inconvenience.

Not a problem

I don't understand the question, sorry.

I mean, when I open SimShaker for DCS World, in Planes FC3 or Helicopter tab, on right hand side there is a row labeled "Gain Level, %" and most effects are set to 0 / middle value. So I was asking, does this 0% value produce sound already and is this default volume value and do we need to increase it to more than 0 in order to get the effect?

Yes, lua export is mandatory for SimShaker to work. Please, have a look at debug info window (SimShaker --> View --> Show Debug Info). Can you see any activity there?

Yes, I can see activity there, I'm gonna try get that export lua enabled (I never used it so I'm still a noob there) then try again.

Thanks for your feedback.

Gents, Sound Module update is published with basic gun fire effect for all aircraft where it supported at SimShaker, save MiG-21. The program promts to update at startup.

I'm going offline for about 3 hrs. Family demand.

Have a good time :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andrey

I also use the buttkicker, I use Virtual Audio Cable 4 program.

This allows me to have 2 Audio repeaters. Repeater #1 to run sound to my desk top speakers connected to toslink connection, I use a digital to analog splitter from the toslink connection to my desktop speakers. Repeater #2 to run sound to the Buttkicker connected to rear (green audio jack).

I'm running a USB headset. all 3 sound sources run at the same time.

I use a batch file to start and stop the audio repeaters.

I've run the Simshaker program but doesnt seem any different.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong?

Cheers

Edited by AussieM8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I mean, when I open SimShaker for DCS World, in Planes FC3 or Helicopter tab, on right hand side there is a row labeled "Gain Level, %" and most effects are set to 0 / middle value. So I was asking, does this 0% value produce sound already and is this default volume value and do we need to increase it to more than 0 in order to get the effect?

It's up to you. Zero is normal (default) produces sound, you can increase or decrease intensity.

Yes, I can see activity there, I'm gonna try get that export lua enabled (I never used it so I'm still a noob there) then try again.

:unsure:

Hmm... Activity means that you already have export lua working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i was never crazy about anything to do with lua.

i spent zer0 time with apps like hawgtouch, icontrol etc...

i play on servers like the 104th, 159th... usually they lock things down where you only have cockpit view, no mods, integrity checks, etc..

so if i go to a server that has lua tuned off,

this simshaker program might not work?

Kuky, do you have the single y spitter adapter that came with the Buttkicker ?

I'm not up to speed with the current changes, but with the second sound card, I had to set it in the software to 2 channel audio. Then I just tested the audio in Simshaker and heard the sound then connected up the Buttkicker, made sure a Simshaker.lua file was available in directory then tested in game.

Oh, make sure you have both programs running , Simshaker sound, and ibaeffects Simshaker.

If you Skype Andre, perhaps he can assist via teamviewer session.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

i play on servers like the 104th, 159th... usually they lock things down where you only have cockpit view, no mods, integrity checks, etc..

If export.lua is locked down it may not work. But I believe Andre and others said they had no issue with standard seat Simshaker working on those servers ?

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Hi Andrey

I also use the buttkicker, I use Virtual Audio Cable 4 program.

This allows me to have 2 Audio repeaters. Repeater #1 to run sound to my desk top speakers connected to toslink connection, I use a digital to analog splitter from the toslink connection to my desktop speakers. Repeater #2 to run sound to the Buttkicker connected to rear (green audio jack).

I'm running a USB headset. all 3 sound sources run at the same time.

I use a batch file to start and stop the audio repeaters.

I've run the Simshaker program but doesnt seem any different.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong?

Cheers

Hi Stuart,

first you should select at Simshaker's Sound Module dropdown a device where the buttkicker is connected. After that press Test Sound Play button. Do you feel vibration?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As HighWay had reported at the 104th Simshaker works well.

Cockpit view, no mods, integrity checks - that's irrelevant to export.lua and SimShaker stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As HighWay had reported at the 104th Simshaker works well.

Cockpit view, no mods, integrity checks - that's irrelevant to export.lua and SimShaker stuff.

ok, sounds good.

i only play online and some servers are strict.

even if sim shaker dont work, i can always use the standard audio.

i just know from past that some strict servers didnt allow icontrol or hawgtouch to function properly due to lua exports.. how it is set, i dont know.

Where is SimShaker.lua file supposed to be located?

Is there some guide to describe step by step how to get this all installed and working?

Edited by Kuky

Andre, I have attached Debug Info just after I tried again public DCS with MiG-29A. I can see some stuff in Info window, but I don't get any effects through Buttkicker. I know it must be something simple I am missing but I don't know what. :noexpression:

I hope you can make sense of what's in this Debug Info screenshot

559254521_DebugInfo.thumb.jpg.e788b0a8dffe715714ce57eca8d9a90a.jpg

Kuky, do you have the single y spitter adapter that came with the Buttkicker ?

I'm not up to speed with the current changes, but with the second sound card, I had to set it in the software to 2 channel audio. Then I just tested the audio in Simshaker and heard the sound then connected up the Buttkicker, made sure a Simshaker.lua file was available in directory then tested in game.

Oh, make sure you have both programs running , Simshaker sound, and ibaeffects Simshaker.

If you Skype Andre, perhaps he can assist via teamviewer session.

I am not using Y-splitter. I have buttkicker connected to front channel input on the secondary sound card. The SimShaker option has this sound card sellected for output mode. When I do the sound test, it works fine. I have also set the secondary sound card in windows setup to Stereo mode.

I have not made any changes to Export.lua, maybe this is what I am missing?

SimShaker.lua is located in .. SavedGames/DCS/Scripts folder, I hope this is the right place... and does it have to be located anywhere else, maybe in main DCS directory?

Where is SimShaker.lua file supposed to be located?

Is there some guide to describe step by step how to get this all installed and working?

Hi Kuky,

SimShaker.lua file supposed to be located at Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\

The guide is pretty simple:

1) Install 'SimShaker for DCS World' software. When asked to autoconfigure features, say "Yes".

2) Install 'SimShaker Sound Module' software. Select a sound output device where a buttkicker is conected at a dropdown list.

3) Run DCS World mission and test the feedback.

4) Not working? Call to =Andre=.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Andre, I have attached Debug Info just after I tried again public DCS with MiG-29A. I can see some stuff in Info window, but I don't get any effects through Buttkicker. I know it must be something simple I am missing but I don't know what. :noexpression:

I hope you can make sense of what's in this Debug Info screenshot

Yes, it makes sense. Your Simshaker.lua is fine. Don't touch it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can see some stuff in Info window, but I don't get any effects through Buttkicker. I know it must be something simple I am missing but I don't know what. :noexpression:

Kuky, can you see black stripes at sound output visualization bars while testing with DCS mission running?

See example screenshot here

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]