the non existent communication is getting rather annoying

from what Luthier promised about communication in his kickstarter videos, nothing became true so far.

Luthier promised constant communication and interaction with the community or at least the backers.

now we need to rely on the goodwill of a forum moderator to somehow communicate with him.

here are the top 5 community questions:

-why is it not possible to give a lifesign at least once a week to at least show the community and supporters, that you are still there/alive?

where is the communication you promised.not the monologue like iregular updates we have seen so far, but actual interaction with the community.

Regular, Honest communication as promised is all we want.

- Community Manager hire? (if there is nobody yet, i would vote for Sithspawn, as he is already trying to do his job)

- The logo design contest - results?

-Can I get a confirmation email on my paypal contribution to the kickstarter?

-Is there a status on the "Black out" that prevented all development images? (Edit by SiThSpAwN) I dont think this is an issue as we saw screenshots in the latest update.

Missing P-51 Keys that should have been sent out already?

Edited by NineLine
  • Like 1

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps he is busy learning Spanish!

luthierspanish_zpsa672c3e1.jpg

;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am sure he is pretty much riding on the back of ED's progress especially in the realm of the terrain. Until they say it's ok I am sure the content of his updates will be limited.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• ED Team

Ok, lets do something different with this thread... lets make it constructive instead of a witch hunt...

How do we do that, well I will need the assistance of the OPer to edit his original post and list the issues we decide on, so list here your top five questions/concerns with Luthier and the project. Be fair and adult about it, and if we can come to an agreement on 5 issues/concerns/questions, I will do my very best to rattle some cages and get a response, although I wont make any promises I cant keep... I will try...

or we can just carry on with the thread direction ;)

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Ok, lets do something different with this thread... lets make it constructive instead of a witch hunt...

How do we do that, well I will need the assistance of the OPer to edit his original post and list the issues we decide on, so list here your top five questions/concerns with Luthier and the project. Be fair and adult about it, and if we can come to an agreement on 5 issues/concerns/questions, I will do my very best to rattle some cages and get a response, although I wont make any promises I cant keep... I will try...

or we can just care on with the thread direction ;)

I do prefer constructive discussion, no matter how frustrating this has been.

So here's my question of the day...

Is there a status on the "Black out" that prevented all development images?

This was straight from the source in the Feb 21st update...

"Perhaps, the best solution is to keep these for now, then do a non-Friday update early next week once the bug is fixed, where we can show what the bug looked like, and what it looks like with the bug fixed and the cockpit systems working."

Since that "early next week" was a week ago are things still in the dark ages?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

• ED Team

Due to the NDA I signed I cant comment directly, but I want to kinda share my thoughts on this, seeing him describe that the way he did kinda made me cringe, it leads some to believe that EDGE is marred in a nasty bug of darkness... but in reality, this issue probably only existed in that particular Dev build and more than likely was addressed with the next build, of course I have no access to dev builds and couldnt comment anyways if I did have access, but I dont think this would be an issue that lasted very long. This of course is based purely on my experiences of being a tester and seeing broken stuff in builds and how fast it is corrected most times.

Again, these are just my thoughts and opinions, I had no access to the build in question or any insight on the issue he saw.

I do prefer constructive discussion, no matter how frustrating this has been.

So here's my question of the day...

Is there a status on the "Black out" that prevented all development images?

This was straight from the source in the Feb 21st update...

"Perhaps, the best solution is to keep these for now, then do a non-Friday update early next week once the bug is fixed, where we can show what the bug looked like, and what it looks like with the bug fixed and the cockpit systems working."

Since that "early next week" was a week ago are things still in the dark ages?

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

if i could ask a question, it would certanly be this one:

why is it not possible to give a lifesign at least once a week to at least show the community and supporters, that you are still there/alive?

i'm talking about 3-4 centences, not even a long text with pictures, a regular lifesign, thats all ;)

i understand, that things might slow down or run into problems, that C++ code isnt something that people want to see, and some things that would need a NDA from all readers are not to be posted, but hey, please at least show, that you are there and alive, working on it.

much anger from some people wouldnt be there i believe ;)

regards,

RR

Edited by Roadrunner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

- Website creation?

That was addressed in his last update, 21 Feb.

The best bit of news for this week is that the web programmer our team is sharing with a lot of other development tasks has finally jumped back onto our web interface, the work that had lay dormant for some time. He’s been doing nothing but our stuff since Monday. I’ve made some overly optimistic predictions before, so I won’t today, but the plan is to stay on the task until it’s complete and released to the public.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

My main concern is:

Can I get a confirmation email on my paypal contribution to the kickstarter? Since I picked the paypal option, I don't have access to any of the backer exclusive news, which I am okay with, but having no confirmation from RRG on my status as a contributer makes me a little uncomfortable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are getting relatively regular updates every two or three weeks, which should be more than enough this early in the development. Weekly updates may be doable later in the development. There is no doubt that the development could crash and burn, but I wouldn't worry to much unless nothing is heard for a month or so. We know they are still working on the aircraft, website, and manuals, but there was a cryptic statement from a Normandy terrain RRG employee (past?) with some kind of reference to the EDGE graphic engine has sent up red flags.

Due to the NDA I signed I cant comment directly, but I want to kinda share my thoughts on this, seeing him describe that the way he did kinda made me cringe, it leads some to believe that EDGE is marred in a nasty bug of darkness... but in reality, this issue probably only existed in that particular Dev build and more than likely was addressed with the next build, of course I have no access to dev builds and couldnt comment anyways if I did have access, but I dont think this would be an issue that lasted very long. This of course is based purely on my experiences of being a tester and seeing broken stuff in builds and how fast it is corrected most times.

Again, these are just my thoughts and opinions, I had no access to the build in question or any insight on the issue he saw.

Sith, I would tend to think the same thing. I find it unlikely that ED would sit stuck in the mud on such a bug for very long. BUT then the brutal reality is that another RRG verbal commitment was dropped/forgotten/missed/ignored... one more in a long line of similar occurrences.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My main concern is:

Can I get a confirmation email on my paypal contribution to the kickstarter? Since I picked the paypal option, I don't have access to any of the backer exclusive news, which I am okay with, but having no confirmation from RRG on my status as a contributer makes me a little uncomfortable.

THIS!+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

[quote name=DavidRed

here are the top 5 community questions:

-why is it not possible to give a lifesign at least once a week to at least show the community and supporters, that you are still there/alive?

where is the communication you promised.not the monologue like iregular updates we have seen so far, but actual interaction with the community

-Is there a status on the "Black out" that prevented all development images?

- The logo design contest - results?

- Community Manager hire? (if there is nobody yet, i would vote for Sithspawn, as he is already trying to do his job)

-Can I get a confirmation email on my paypal contribution to the kickstarter?

All of the above and I can think of others:smartass:...regarding the PayPal receipt, usually PayPal sends an e-mail to you that you should store in your saved folder, if not saved PayPal does has a record of the transaction. :pilotfly:

• ED Team
Sith, I would tend to think the same thing. I find it unlikely that ED would sit stuck in the mud on such a bug for very long. BUT then the brutal reality is that another RRG verbal commitment was dropped/forgotten/missed/ignored... one more in a long line of similar occurrences.

Oh I dont deny the communication issues...

64Sig.png

regarding the PayPal receipt, usually PayPal sends an e-mail to you that you should store in your saved folder, if not saved PayPal does has a record of the transaction. :pilotfly:
Yes, I can tell RRG got my money. That is not the part I am concerned about.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are getting relatively regular updates every two or three weeks, which should be more than enough this early in the development.

Quoted for truth.

I'd hate to think of the amount of reassurance you guys ask of your wives if y'all can't remain objective about this situation. ;)

Quoted for truth.

I'd hate to think of the amount of reassurance you guys ask of your wives if y'all can't remain objective about this situation. ;)

It's funny you should say that. My wife just asked me how the weekly Skype development meetings are going. music_whistling.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]