microhelis.de simulation controllers review and discussion

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi and hallo everybody,

I got my order from Microhelis.de few days ago, so it`s time to write first impresion. Let`s do it!

I ordered on 16.07.2017 set Collective Stick EC-135/145:

- 1x Button Box Interface

- 1x Joystick Controller 12-Bit

- 1x Throttle encoders for Collective Stick

- 1x Collective Stick EC-135/145

- 1x Collective Base.

Payed 20.07.2017 and then was a long time for look forward. From time to time I asked about my order but there were unfavorable circumstances, They informed me. Okey, sometimes I`am calm man ;) and I was waiting with patience. So, after my last email - question about date of ship, came answear and 23.11.2017 package was send to Poland. Delivery was short and without problem. Below I share my pics library about first contact. I`am so sorry for pictures quality but I was too excited:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XdCnE11BKYptF5XU2

Well, passed some days, I`am still see to collective set on many fronts. Due to my work, must wait for assembly and plug in my PC. Still not connected to BBI and Joystick Controller but from mechanical and optical sides I must write some words for pros and cons .

Apart from the fact that production was under way more to declared 30 days, (now it`s 63 - 64 workdays) there is my small overview:

PROS

-Very safely packaged shipbox.

-The appearance.

-Look good almost like unpluged orignal collective stick from Eurocopter.

-Switches and coolies work good.

-Correctly length of cabels for Hallsensor- Joystick Controller.

CONS

-One of 4 switches is only „on-off” in according to specification should be 4 „on-off-on” switches.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=156694&d=1486385144

-Fagot of cabels for switches and coolies in my stick is too short, I expect to cut short 10 cm aluminum tube. I compared fagot`s length on picture from my friend - I share it bellow.

2u5ey6r.jpg

fnfjes.jpg

-Adjustable brake for me is one of weakness, due too my English it`s difficult to professional explain „why” but felt tee/washer (not drink and dishwasher :D) should be assist by metal tee/washer not only metal nut(picture bellow). Grip is mounted on long aluminium tube and break must be hard twirled because it fall down. In my opinion for long time period, only 2 felt tee/washer are not enough. Vertical screw is not enough for regulation. I think about something like a motorbike steering dumper.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2zibp14.jpg

-Two rotary handles for throttle, excellent thing for virtual pilot and for simulation 2-engines helicopter but why it rotate too loosely without any break on the end of move?

Some detailed pictures of set:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tHr21rhxx3qvrTe83

Be advaice, this is my personal opinion after organoleptic examination, withuot electronic tests.

Well, it`s worth to pay this price?

Personally, it was the most expensive purchase for my entertainment (I`m 45 :) and it was more than half my monthly salary). Unfortunately for average Poland`s citizens it`s a quite a bit of money. Certainly majority of virtual pilots will not do the same product in home, so you have a choice: buy or not.

Time show us that it will worth it`s price and it will not be a crap.

Danke Juergen.

Edited by JacD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi and hallo everybody,

I got my order from Microhelis.de few days ago, so it`s time to write first impresion. Let`s do it!

I ordered on 16.07.2017 set Collective Stick EC-135/145:

- 1x Button Box Interface

- 1x Joystick Controller 12-Bit

- 1x Throttle encoders for Collective Stick

- 1x Collective Stick EC-135/145

- 1x Collective Base.

Thanks for the informative post!

Just a question on how it all goes together. Why the need for a Button Box interface and Joystick Controller?

I would like to get the same collective as you.

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Hi, small update, I recorded short film and short described how it goes. I forgot to say about one of rotary handles for throttle, hallsensor is for calibration because during rotation it shows signal 0-100-96% at max position.

Here is short film and few pictures. Please forgive me my english, isn`t my native language(learnt it 15 years ago):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RFMEmmtt8zP58lu02

So, as I said there are some things which make me nervous and disappoint (with this price) but I hope after fix this bugs in the future it will be good device.

Regards!

Jacek

Edited by JacD

Hello guys,

I am just about to get a microheli collective base and huey grip.

I am also building my VR cockpit.

Does someone can give measurments of the base plate where it mounts and its heights please? Also, the Huey top block width would be appreciated.

Cheers

Billy

Some update, coolies are fixed. There was poor solder in one and cabel ring off, in second during solder some filament made contraction.

So this bugs says me that the collective set wasn`t checked before was shipped to me and I have to repair it.

Summary, poor work!

Some pictures:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aQmA30Gq8jmz2LDD3

Cheers

Jack

Edited by JacD

I think that with all money they ask for this controls, they should be perfect. Any error or bug is permitted to be done. Have a look to maxflightstick controls. I'm having a chat with him every day and he is very friendly. I asked him to build a collective which has tendency to go down if you leave it. Controls have hydraulic oil pistons and magnetic sensors. He accepts paypal payments.

In my collective I have to solder switches and coolies wires. Axises wires has ready plugs. Below are posts with links to pictures galeries, you can watch how it looks:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3307618&postcount=304

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3348101&postcount=309

After solder You can connect solder wires to BBI-32 and Joystick Controller and than connect USB cables to BBI and Joy Controller and after that to PC :) It`s sounds a little complicate but it`s not difficult ;)

Edited by JacD

In my collective I have to solder switches and coolies wires. Axises wires has ready plugs. Below are posts with links to pictures galeries, you can watch how it looks:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3307618&postcount=304

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3348101&postcount=309

After solder You can connect solder wires to BBI-32 and Joystick Controller and than connect USB cables to BBI and Joy Controller and after that to PC :) It`s sounds a little complicate but it`s not difficult ;)

Thank you very much!!!

Edited by kalaner

• 7 months later...

I've had mine awhile, and only recently got around to putting it together. So far, I have a problem with the middle collective coolie (multiple button presses when pressing any direction), and the cyclic only has the top coolie, and 3 out of four buttons on the bottom coolie working. All other buttons are dead.

Apparently mine is an older assembly, but this is pretty disappointing.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

• 7 months later...

Well took my time to decide and have now ordered the Huey collective from Microhelis looking forward to paying up and receiving the controller. Anyone got a diagram if the floor mounted collective base so I can go shopping to get a plate made up please?

Cheers,

Beerfly

Well took my time to decide and have now ordered the Huey collective from Microhelis looking forward to paying up and receiving the controller. Anyone got a diagram if the floor mounted collective base so I can go shopping to get a plate made up please?

Cheers,

Beerfly

FYI, I could not be happier with my Microhelis Huey collective.

I had Yogi build me a box so I could surface mount it. I might, however, have the schematics for the sub surface mount. I'll check when I get home.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Pics below to see how I cracked the nut. I'm using a Monstertech setup, so I went to Lowe's to pick up some L-brackets. Basically adult erector set.

IMG_5448.thumb.JPG.4e9a667706f9acd523c7dccb902ca43d.JPG

IMG_5449.thumb.JPG.bd6a6f8f734551d03f4bfb1136a28a15.JPG

IMG_5450.thumb.JPG.c6e621725af251c186e49da0a3b375fe.JPG

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Hi guys thanks for the input To go could you add the plate to my order just let me know the full cost when sending the bank details to pay. Also tried to order the rudder pedals but there was no delivery options so put a contact form in that reads.

Hi guys,

Want to purchase the helicopter anti torque pedals as in the pic of Yogis cockpit he sent me (beerfly) on DCS forum but it says no delivery options and I must contact you hence this message. Question I have is do you also do a lot to have them with toe brakes and if so how can I add them to my order.

Kind Regards,

Ste

Hi Ste,

the toe-brake-plates can be added to the new pedal set.

In my opinion they need a lttle bit too high force (8-10 kg) to activate :music_whistling:

Steering the helicopter with activated brakes is difficult.

But I never sit on the controls of a real helicopter or plane:pilotfly:

I try to get some gas-springs with lower force.

This plates are designied like the Blackhawk plates.attachment.php?attachmentid=208773&stc=1&d=1555423853attachment.php?attachmentid=208774&stc=1&d=1555423908

20190108_205317.thumb.jpg.11c824107b5a0183a83a243b7b301be3.jpg

20190108_205327.thumb.jpg.346561d23215ca24519883c1d8a42af6.jpg

regards / gruesse yogi