F/A-18C Cold Start-up Up Problems

SPOKEY

SPOKEY]EVERY TIME I TRY TO START UP FROM A COLD START, AFTER I GO TO THE R ENGINE AFTER THE GREEN LIGHT COMES ON MY THROTTLE WONT MOVE AL ALL AND THE SAME WITH THE L. ALSO I CAN'T GET MY R DDI OR L DDI TO WORK, I ONLY HAVE A BLANK SCREEN AND NO HUD. I HA WATCHED SEVERAL VIDEOS ON UTUBE ON START UP AND CAN'T SOLVE IT. PLEASE HELP. I HAVE THE LATEST 2.5 OS.THE TH WARTHOG HOTAS.

Throttle kinda defaults to a locked state in the game, as there's a detente there IRL and putting the throttle past there would promptly flameout the engine. Since most of our throttles won't have that detente, RShift+Home will set the throttle to idle and then your throttle will work through the range of Idle to Mil/Max (depending on your afterburner detente setting). RShift+End will set the throttle to off.

For the left engine, it's LAlt+Home and LAlt+End.

If the virtual throttle doesn't move when you push it forward, move your warthog throttle back over the detent then forward again. Works every time for me.

I had to go set up the throttle off/idle in controls for my Warthog. Nothing else worked. Very frustrating since I just replaced my main PCB on the throttle and the first thing I tried was the Hornet cold start!

hi sometimes you have to move the throttle 2 time

you put the throttle of position 0 to idle and put it at new in 0 and to idle and you can see the throttle moving in the cockpit ;)

like dave 317 says

Edited by recon

• 2 weeks later...
why is everyone anti-caps? How does the size of a font, hurt your ears? Actually, I can read the post easier when in caps...don't have to move closer to the screen :)

All Caps is usually considered yelling, and it's against the rules, End of Debate, Stay On Topic.:

1.14 It's forbidden to create threads / topics containing in their title / body:

- hyperbolic, rude or strong language, also partially and completely masked by other symbols like: @ # $% ^, etc;

- no link to forum section (flame);

- no link to topic (off topic);

- meaningless or no valuable information (flood);

- same information covered in other sections / threads / posts (cross posting);

- over 70% of capital letters for except of abbreviations;

- non-informative content like: "Help me!", "I have a question ...", "rant", "I do not know what to do", "+ = Super Pack = +" or meaningless set of of symbols and letters.

Titles that break this rule will be subject to change or deletion of the thread. Repeated offences.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

SPOKEY]EVERY TIME I TRY TO START UP FROM A COLD START, AFTER I GO TO THE R ENGINE AFTER THE GREEN LIGHT COMES ON MY THROTTLE WONT MOVE AL ALL AND THE SAME WITH THE L. ALSO I CAN'T GET MY R DDI OR L DDI TO WORK, I ONLY HAVE A BLANK SCREEN AND NO HUD. I HA WATCHED SEVERAL VIDEOS ON UTUBE ON START UP AND CAN'T SOLVE IT. PLEASE HELP. I HAVE THE LATEST 2.5 OS.THE TH WARTHOG HOTAS.

Try start right ddi first.

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM