[FIXED INTERNALLY] AN/ASQ-T50 TCTS Pod Drag

Slick_441

Yes, noticeable with TCTS pod and a CAP9 or 9M.

Also, similar issue with a cap9m and 9m missile loaded. One side always responds with a yaw/roll. PS CAP9M and 9M weigh exactly the same and shouldn’t have have any yaw/roll issues, when the two are loaded symmetrically on the airframe.

Edited by =Panther=
corrections for clarity

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Same here, roll and yaw gets so heavy that I tend to fire missiles form both sides at a time to equal drag. Otherwise close combat is impossible for me.

Just started with dogfights so I can't tell how long this is present.

Or has this been since relase?

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

• 2 weeks later...

The drag is indeed ridiculous. I just tried it for the first time on the Hornet (have tried only on the Harrier before) and the drag seems worse on the Hornet than the Harrier. I can confirm 0.5°/sec yawing (I measured 5° in 49 seconds) in the direction of the pod at 300kts, aileron trim is inaffective. Attempting to set aileron trim before takeoff does nothing. Impossible to track runway heading after rotation without kicking opposite rudder. I thought the autopilot would auto-trim the jet like the Harrier's does, but the trimming only lasts as long as AP is engaged, and still doesn't rectify the yawing.

• ED Team

Thanks, will fix.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы