DCS: AJS-37 VIGGEN Complete English Cockpit Mod

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Rudel_chw:

That's why it is recommended the use of a Mod Manager to enable/disable your User Mods.

Well.. I am aware of that (no naahhh 🙂 ) - but luckily I - personally - only use IC-passing mods and only the bare necessity.. I have not opened my JSME in ages (maybe I even uninstalled it).
It was just interest if anything noticeable might have changed to encourage a complete move to the profile folder structure for anyone doing anything.
And while - of course - the use of JSME is advizable (especially for those dynamically switching between stable and o-b-- rumor has it that rare species is still not extinct... 🙂 ), not everyone has to use it. 
Some might also be just overwhelmed by it.
But that is always the case. So caveats should always be mentioned.

Moreso since one day Eagle might, might finally introduce franchise wide standards and practices. At which point modding (which will never not be necessary for a multitude of reasons and/or preferences) might need to find a uniform, unified and universally accepted consensus.

But - all that is as likely as world peace, thus we should be thankfull to those investing time into modding and not overthink it.

Happy new Year fellow digital pilots - might the cloudrender be favourable upon your systems!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 2/16/2017 at 11:02 PM, Devrim said:

Changelog: An insignificant update from H.B.

Checked: The mod still works with the latest version of DCS.

Integrity Check - OK - I guess. One user has reported I.C. fail but I've tested this mod in two different servers (with protection ON) and I've seen no I.C. fail even if DCS reports one file is against I.C. (via clicking on red badge in the M.P. lobby). The mod looks like working. PLEASE FEEDBACK.

Edited by Devrim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Devrim, thank you for this mod!

Besides translating the canopy labels to English it also fixes the flickering textures I had in some parts of the cockpit (around the compass/RWR for example).

I just noticed one thing though: The weapon selector and bomb setting wheels don't seem to be translated anymore. In your first screenshots it looked like they should be. I wonder if that's an issue on my end or perhaps they weren't included in the last update of your mod?

Thanks regardless, keep up the good work!

P.S.: Integrity Check passes. The red symbol DCS gives happens if you fly another mission before (maybe only in singleplayer), but goes away after a restart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, T-Pickle said:

The weapon selector and bomb setting wheels don't seem to be translated anymore.

Thanks a lot for feedback, mate.

But it sounds weird to me. Could you please share a screenshot? There may be a problem. Thx.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

vor einer Stunde schrieb Devrim:

But it sounds weird to me. Could you please share a screenshot? There may be a problem. Thx.

Sure, you'll find the screenshot below.

I wonder if they are somehow scripted since they are also not affected by my texture settings (rest of the cockpit is on medium).

image.jpeg

Edited by T-Pickle

• 5 months later...
On 2/2/2023 at 2:38 PM, Devrim said:

On 2/2/2023 at 3:58 PM, T-Pickle said:

Sure, you'll find the screenshot below.

I wonder if they are somehow scripted since they are also not affected by my texture settings (rest of the cockpit is on medium).

image.jpeg

Hi guys,

I have translated / created the missing texture and updated the cockpit livery. Attached find a ZIP with the new texture and updated description.lua. This is how it looks:

AJS.png

Installation should be self-explanatory. Unzip and copy both files to your existing livery mod folder (<your DCS folder>\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Liveries\AJS37cockpit\English).

AJS English Cockpit Mod Update.zip

@Devrim Feel free to include these files in your mod in case you find them "worthy" 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/16/2017 at 11:02 PM, Devrim said:

Hey guys.

I'm so sorry for this latency. This change has been added in 2021 by the devs. Apparently I haven't flown this bird since those days. Shame! And after a few days T-Pickle reported the issue an earthquake occurred in my country, and I was distracted.

After Finlayson's great fix I remember this problem, and I uploaded v1.7

Thanks guys and sorry again. 🖐️

Edited by Devrim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 1 month later...

Hmmm. Dear @THATDUUDE_GAMES.

This problem is caused by the files that make possible to see translated letters on the NAV indicator on the dash.

If we disable this feature, there will be no I.C. problem.

To do so, please uninstall the mod first, and read & apply the "INSTAL WITH STOCK (ORIGINAL) NAV LETTERS" section in ReadMe text file.

Thanks for feedback.

Enjoy.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2023 at 7:24 AM, Devrim said:

Hmmm. Dear @THATDUUDE_GAMES.

This problem is caused by the files that make possible to see translated letters on the NAV indicator on the dash.

If we disable this feature, there will be no I.C. problem.

To do so, please uninstall the mod first, and read & apply the "INSTAL WITH STOCK (ORIGINAL) NAV LETTERS" section in ReadMe text file.

Thanks for feedback.

Enjoy.

Thank you, this worked! @Devrim

Edited by THATDUUDE_GAMES
  • Like 2