SPO-15LM Beryoza wrongly implemented?

ResonantCard1

Hi guys, according to an Su-27SK manual, the SPO-15LM RWR system is capable of telling between different kinds of SAM and airborne radars and displaying that information. However, in DCS it only tells between the general type of radar. I don't know if this is intended, but would greatly increase the usefulness of the system.

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

I don't think that means how you describe.

There seems to be as much ambiguity in the real version as what we have in DCS.

These systems I should imagine are programmable and tailored to suit the mission, as it is modeled now I don't see anything below that would increase situational awareness to justify the change. But increasing the complexity of it would such as multiple letters signifying greater detail.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2877757&postcount=1

П – облучение ЗРК «Терьер» или самолетами типа F-4, F-104 с одновременным включением подсвета для наведения ракет типа «Спарроу»;

З – облучение ЗРК типа «Чапарел», «Вулкан» или ЗРК «Сивульф»;

X – облучение ЗРК типа «Хок» или самолетами F-14, F-15, F-16 и F-18 (с больших дальностей);

Н – облучение ЗРК типа «Найк-Геркулес», «Патриот», «Талос»;

Г – облучение с малых дальностей самолета F-14, F-15, F-16 и F-18 или ракетой «Феникс» с РТС (возможно высвечивание сигнала Г совместно с сигналом X);

С – облучение самолетами типа F-4, F-5, F-104, F-111 (без включения канала подсвета), МИРАЖ, ЯГУАР, ЛАЙТНИНГ или ЗРК типа "Терьер", "Кроталь",

П – irradiation from SAMs "Terrier" or aircraft type F-4, F-104 with simultaneous inclusion of spike for aiming "Sparrow" missile

З – irradiation type SAM "Chaparral", "Vulcan" or naval SAM "Sea Wolf"

X – irradiation of SAMs like "Hawk" or aircraft type F-14, F-15, F-16 and F-18 (long-range)

Н – irradiation SAM type "Nike Hercules," "Patriot," or naval "Talos";

Г – exposure to short distance of the aircraft F-14, F-15, F-16 and F-18 or missile "Phoenix" in ARH (possibly flashing signals Г together with the X)

С – irradiation aircraft type F-4, F-5, F-104, F-111 (without including the illumination channel П), Mirage, Jaguar, nails of SAM type "Terrier", "Crotale"

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I don't think that means how you describe.

There seems to be as much ambiguity in the real version as what we have in DCS.

These systems I should imagine are programmable and tailored to suit the mission, as it is modeled now I don't see anything below that would increase situational awareness to justify the change. But increasing the complexity of it would such as multiple letters signifying greater detail.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2877757&postcount=1

П – облучение ЗРК «Терьер» или самолетами типа F-4, F-104 с одновременным включением подсвета для наведения ракет типа «Спарроу»;

З – облучение ЗРК типа «Чапарел», «Вулкан» или ЗРК «Сивульф»;

X – облучение ЗРК типа «Хок» или самолетами F-14, F-15, F-16 и F-18 (с больших дальностей);

Н – облучение ЗРК типа «Найк-Геркулес», «Патриот», «Талос»;

Г – облучение с малых дальностей самолета F-14, F-15, F-16 и F-18 или ракетой «Феникс» с РТС (возможно высвечивание сигнала Г совместно с сигналом X);

С – облучение самолетами типа F-4, F-5, F-104, F-111 (без включения канала подсвета), МИРАЖ, ЯГУАР, ЛАЙТНИНГ или ЗРК типа "Терьер", "Кроталь",

П – irradiation from SAMs "Terrier" or aircraft type F-4, F-104 with simultaneous inclusion of spike for aiming "Sparrow" missile

З – irradiation type SAM "Chaparral", "Vulcan" or naval SAM "Sea Wolf"

X – irradiation of SAMs like "Hawk" or aircraft type F-14, F-15, F-16 and F-18 (long-range)

Н – irradiation SAM type "Nike Hercules," "Patriot," or naval "Talos";

Г – exposure to short distance of the aircraft F-14, F-15, F-16 and F-18 or missile "Phoenix" in ARH (possibly flashing signals Г together with the X)

С – irradiation aircraft type F-4, F-5, F-104, F-111 (without including the illumination channel П), Mirage, Jaguar, nails of SAM type "Terrier", "Crotale"

What I read there is that is able to tell between different types of aircraft, which I think would be a vast improvement over the current system. It would put it more on par with the NATO RWR

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

It can, as described by Frostie. What's programmed in game is different IIRC.

So how do you think it will show a mig or flanker to you, or a mig-31?

It essentially differentiates between new and old gen aircraft at best, rather than identifying the type of aircraft to you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda