Mixing Thrustmaster HOTAS stick and Saitek Throttle

Was curious if anyone was using a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick, and a Saitek X52 throttle?

I'm getting a little tired with my X52 stick. Even with the magnet and tension mods, I still get a lot of play with the minor stick movement. Very noticeable with when using PAC-1/PAC-2.

I came across the Thrustmaster Warthog stick for under $290. But was curious as to how the mixed vendor/stick combo's will work out

TIA,

-Jav

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It makes no difference. The controllers, and their respective drivers/software packages, do not interact in any way.

It's about the same as having a keyboard from Razer and a mouse from Logitech.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I figured I had to keep the Saitek SST :( software, to enable a couple of functions the jackbauer profile has enabled for the throttle, (that can't be mapped within DCS).

And then figured, there's probably a good profile, or equiv, for the Thrustmaster stick.

I'm debating these options:

1. go with the the Thrustmaster HOTAS stick only, and re-use my X52 throttle

2. muster up the courage, and pull the trigger on the whole Thrustmaster HOTAS stick and throttle, and face the wrath of my High Command, (Wifey)....

3. or consider the X55. Though, the X52 hasn't been real "tight" when I need that precision pipper of the PAC-1/PAC-2. So I don't have much confidence going that route.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Regarding your choices, I would have a hard time justifying nearly $300 just for the Warthog stick. The primary reason being that the throttle is not sold by itself making it difficult to complete the pair if you decided you wished to do so.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Regarding your choices, I would have a hard time justifying nearly $300 just for the Warthog stick. The primary reason being that the throttle is not sold by itself making it difficult to complete the pair if you decided you wished to do so.

Sound advice... I'll say "just do it"! I agonized for 2+ years before I got my Thrustmaster.... after using it for @ 20 minutes I had to wonder what my agonizing was all about! You will not regret it in the long run...

• Like 1

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

I'm kinda feeling that way too. It's like you're 1/2 way in... I'm sure at some point, I'd have buyers remorse for not going the full monty.

I may break down and get the whole kit.

Sound advice... I'll say "just do it"! I agonized for 2+ years before I got my Thrustmaster.... after using it for @ 20 minutes I had to wonder what my agonizing was all about! You will not regret it in the long run...

thanks mate, :) I'm giving it some serious consideration. At this point, I won't buy just the stick, but rather save a little coin, and get it all.

Ok Picksplitter, this beg's a pic!!!!! :thumbup:

3rd. century Roman field commanders helmet w/ Track IR 5 :music_whistling:

I run a Warthog flightstick with a Saitek X-65 throttle with zero issues. I choose to go this route because I like the extra functionality with the X-65 throttle with rotaries vs the full Warthog setup. I liked the full X-65, but never got used to the force input. Now I have the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Ok Picksplitter, this beg's a pic!!!!! :thumbup:

3rd. century Roman field commanders helmet w/ Track IR 5 :music_whistling:

right then... caught, hands down. It's ruse to see who is paying attention! Now that the challenge is in, I'll have to come up with the pic... and I will! :cry:

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

right then... caught, hands down. It's ruse to see who is paying attention! Now that the challenge is in, I'll have to come up with the pic... and I will! :cry:

Nice! :) (if you find a functional unit as such, I'd be interested in getting one as well... though Wifey will think I'm off my rocker....) :music_whistling:

at one point, Amazon had the Thrustmaster stick/throttle on sale for $400. If they ever have it at the price again, I'll buy it.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

not enough Voltaire around here.. :)

Oh n yeah.. just buy the warthog package, its an non-regretable offence and you won't be disappointed,

Edited by magpie

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

at one point, Amazon had the Thrustmaster stick/throttle on sale for $400. If they ever have it at the price again, I'll buy it.

There is the other problem with paying nearly $300 for just the stick. I paid even less than $400 (lucked into a sale @ $350 over two years ago), so save your money and watch for a deal.

There is the other problem with paying nearly $300 for just the stick. I paid even less than $400 (lucked into a sale @ $350 over two years ago), so save your money and watch for a deal.

good point, (about the price point). I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled. :)

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring out a quite old topic, but I'm having the same question.

Especially now that we can buy the warthog stick alone.

I have a X55 hotas, but considering getting the warthog stick and keep the X55 throttle, because of the more switches and buttons and rotaries on the X55 throttle in comparison with the warthog throttle.

Only drawback is I'll not be able to sell my X55 stick alone I guess, but the drawback will be lowered because I'll have to pay a lot less for the stick alone than the whole warthog setup... and I'm mostly interested by the stick, not the throttle...

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

harf4ng,

With today games you can use any joystick with any throttle that work as standalone device,

just assign their buttons in game Controls.

Some Saitek models, eg X-45, X-52 need the throttle or the throttle need the stick to work.

Is not the case of X-55 throttle, they work standalone (X-52 throttle too, but not their stick).

The X-55 joystick too work standalone, so you can "eBay" then. ;)

For example one can use Warthog throttle and VKB Gladiator PRO joystick making a "new" HOTAS.

• 1 year later...
I run the warthog stick, throttle and a modified x52pro that I use for a collective with zero issue!

i have the x52 pro and the warthog hotas stick

im nobie in how to configure the together.

i have schosen the a-10c to start with. but if you have the other profiles plz send it to me.

so i am asking you if you can give me the profiles?

or link me somewhere where i can find profiles.

lars bengtsson25