104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

The ground crew is sitting right next to your aircraft on the ground. Makes no sens to look for them on the TWR frequencies, you won't find them there.

You have never had to be on TWR freq to re-arm and refuel.

You either talk to them mouth to mouth, when the canopy is open (and engines off depending on your platform), or trough the interphone

o

170502-F-OD616-0285.JPG

Which are the headphones the crew chief connects to your aircraft

This is why you constantly hear "Hey, what are you doing?!" your Crew Chief is trying to jog alongside you...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BUILD -CaseLabs SMA8 w/ i7 6700(4.7 OC), Dual Custom Watercooling loops(CPU,MOBO and Gcards on own loops), Gigabyte G1 Gaming z170, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666, 2x Kingston Savage 960GB SSD's, 2x WD Black 4TB drives, 2x Gigabyte GTX 1080ti's, EVGA Supernova P2 1200w PSU, Creative Zx.

Monitors - ASUS Predator z35p 35" 3440x1440, LG 34UC87C 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

cockpit - oButto R3evolution

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Red won last nights battle, well they would have if some units were not bugged.

Well done Reds!

Sorry for the invisible units, I'm hoping to get a fix patched for that asap. In the mean time while I know it is far from ideal, please make sure you are deploying JTACs who should in theory still be able to Laser Designate invisible targets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

This is why you constantly hear "Hey, what are you doing?!" your Crew Chief is trying to jog alongside you...

Nah, he just throws the headphones and lets them drag along... but when you got that power generator and fuel truck hooked up, and you start moving.... that is when he looses his shit, as it gets sketchy

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Have you tried this mod?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99555/

It still passes the MP Integrity Check on the 104th's server.

I got it to run OK using JSGME.

Gentlemen,

that is a really nice mod, BUT there´s a mistake in the folder structure

toby23 Shkval and HUD\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\IndicationTextures

1. rename aircrafts to aircraft (= delete the "s")

2. remove the "resources" folder, copy/paste the content directly under "cockpit" and do not use "resources" as seen in the folder structure above

3. then import via JSGME and it will work, no IC issue

Worth a try

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Haha I never ever remember seeing DCS combat so brutal. Glad I landed that Mi-8 at Senaki :)))))

You deserve a +1 for that, Amazing time flying with you...

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Gentlemen,

that is a really nice mod, BUT there´s a mistake in the folder structure

toby23 Shkval and HUD\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\IndicationTextures

1. rename aircrafts to aircraft (= delete the "s")

2. remove the "resources" folder, copy/paste the content directly under "cockpit" and do not use "resources" as seen in the folder structure above

3. then import via JSGME and it will work, no IC issue

Worth a try

================================

The mod works for me. Years later I am still undecided about the mod. I usually don't use it, but i am red / green color blind and USA Navy said so >>> LOL!

May have done this manually as the update folders/subfolders layout probably changed with the updates. Got to watch out the older mods, the folder structure most likely has changed. I always take a look as to what is current, then experiment. But usually if you search the DCS forums and/or YouTube somebody else already discovered any negative issues.

My JSGME layout :

Under OpenBeta , then _MODS, then my folder Ka-50 Toby's Green Screen SHKVAL, then Mods, then aircraft, then Ka-50, then Cockpit, then Indication Textures (which is the guts of the download package. I did not include the dirty windows portion of the mod.)

When an update patch gets added, drop off your JSGME adds (double left arrow on the utility box) or what is up most likely will get corrupted and end up useless)

Have fun guys.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

______________________ADF_FREQUENCIES

Do the ADF frequencies work with Ka-50 in "Operation Longbow" ?

No numbers exist on the side door placard, so I am assuming most likely not ?

If I have the gas, have been using the waypoints in autopilot to RTB, but not to my original FARP.

ADF is set Frequencies thru the ARK-22, you get 16 preset channels(8 inner/8 outer). The ones in Operation Longbow are default ones, which aren't helpful in reds area of operations.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

I would like an answer, please.

From what I have looked at thru mission editor about Operation longbow. Once Zema support vehicles are destroyed, thats it...

I think the other capturable FARPs - will only spawn new vehicles when captured. Meaning if the enemy kills the support vehicles, it's done. They would have to capture it, then you recapture it to get back the support vehicles. If you just kill the support vehicles, and not the rest of the targets at the FARP. Then it remains unusable!

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Reaper6,

Thanks for the replies, especially the last one.

"Give my regards to blue team"... "And say that I'll be there e'er long" (followed by musical notation)

No RSVP invitation? répondez s'il vous plaît

You're welcome, but I would've prefferd NOT to explain it. Which is what other Helo pilots were thinking as well.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Great fun on the 104th tonight. Well, except for one friendly in a Huey taking pot shots at my Huey (thanks for your help there Mustang).

Thanks to whoever it was for the Airwolf theme to spur my spirits as I raced over to Kutaisi to drop off troops for the capture. Just as I was coming in to land I genuinely had a little panic that I may have forgotten to load troops. That would have been embarrassing! Thankfully, I had some!

I have a question regarding the CTLD JTAC crates. Where must be drop them? Do they need to be dropped and unpacked in sight of the enemy? Or can they be delivered a bit further out and somehow they'll saunter on over to the enemy and start their lasing and whatnot?

Thanks in advance for the advice, and for the fun server.

• Like 1

Maverick,

It's your server, do what you want.

I still like playing on your server and thanks for "Operation Longbow" .

Paid a return visit to Blue's FARP Phoenix.

Looks to me the SAM's defenses are more lethal by extending their radar trigger zone.

Ka-50 max kill-range is 8K out, maybe a bit further by Kentucky-windage, and not easy to approach there.

Are you doing same for Red to equalize --- (Ha, Ha) "team-balance" ? Yeah, I have seen your disclaimer! ??

I don't give up easily.

Copter front-line activity is short lived. I like visiting behind the lines.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Arming Mi-8 on Red FARP

re: Message #135 this thread : (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200184&page=14)

Thanks buddy but ain't no newbie here XD Have had the Mi-8 for years now. Still can't rearm. I'll try some other FARP's.

Yes, found this out, too at Guadata, yesterday. And Mi-8 and me are just getting acquainted. Have had Mi-8 since 2014 on a sale for $20. Played with it some. Am definitely no expert with her, yet.

Spent several hours, wee hours this morning searching for an answer using Google and YouTube.

Just fueled up and armed first time out at the farthest northern Red FARP via 104th's "Operation Longbow" in MP with engines running, rotors spinning.

Works with all the weapons and refueling and also adding troops and cargo; (edit) and at another FARP I started at.

Follow this person's advice , but for me in 2.5 , ICS switch is up, I switched the SPU-7 radio dial to VHF using FM; forgot to switch to AM. I left the center console radio rotary numbers as is at their default coming into the game. Mike (microphone) switch is up.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137218

https://www.slideshare.net/Strut1/229th-ahb-mi8-ka50-radio-systems-47959450

I am using Devrim's latest English mod that is added to Saved Games and am not using JSGME. ( Devrim : Thank you very much! )

Hope this helps somebody out there.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quick question... How do I get access to a GCI slot?

I'm on the road with no stick, but would like to provide some GCI services

From the OP...

;3361306']

GCI services will be available to clients through the use of Combined Arms by approved GCI Operators who have signed up for access to the locked slots.

Clients who have not signed up to be a GCI Operator will be unable to access the GCI slots during the mission.

To be added as a GCI Operator in the server you will need to post a request on our forums at the following link - HERE

Once we have received your application and its been accepted an admin will co-ordinate with you on teamspeak and get you added to the GCI Operator list.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yup, just saw that. Thank you!

Not a problem, the more GCI's the better. S!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I have a question regarding the CTLD JTAC crates. Where must be drop them? Do they need to be dropped and unpacked in sight of the enemy? Or can they be delivered a bit further out and somehow they'll saunter on over to the enemy and start their lasing and whatnot?

Anyone? I really don't want to waste time and crates dropping off a JTAC if he's going to do nothing for the team. So any advice is appreciated.

The JTAC will not move himself to a better observation position.

You have to pick the spot carefully: it has to be within 10NM and in line of sight to the enemy units.

He will only lase what he can see directly from his initial position.

He has to be kept out of weapon range of the enemy units.

• Like 1