DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

I completely concur, and I welcome discussion.

I thought long and hard about this one when I was starting the profile, but I went with the existing mapping for the following reasons:

1. The HOTAS Cougar doesn't have a Z axis on the CMS, so this would be an inconvenience for them. Mapping 2 sets of hats for Cougar/Warthog would be too difficult with the ACP controls (which are dynamically mapped by subroutine).
  2. You don't need to use SSw Down very much, so the shifted state isn't that inconvenient.
  3. I also thought about the CTS option like you mentioned, but then saw the F/A-18 mapping which uses all 4 CMS directions as well as the Z push. I decided that future-proofing the map to the Hornet (which uses the same stick) was a better way to go.

Point taken that SnapViews aren't as useful in VR as they are elsewhere. However, they are still useful with TrackIR in that you can go to the SnapView and not worry about keeping your head perfectly still while moving your mouse. Additionally, the Direct Entry SnapView is quite useful, although not as important in the Harrier as in some of the other aircraft (like the CDU view in the A-10C).

For the TPOD functions, right now they only work through the MFD and there are no shortcuts beyond the OSBs themselves. Perhaps if there are functions in the future that allow this manipulation, I could add them to the HOTAS. For now, though, we're stuck with the MFDs as in the real bird.

I may consider alternate functions for VR users, though I will require suggestions as I am still using TrackIR.

I have deliberately left off the TFRP because Windows only allows 8 axes and 32 buttons for a single virtual controller. Forcing the TFRP to be a separate controller means that you can use the rudder axis and toe brakes without having to sacrifice any other axes on your Cougar or Warthog HOTAS.

Your comments are graciously accepted in their intended manner.

Ok... thanks for your reply and all the clarifications....

So I will patiently wait for any feature about customization you will intend to implement...

In the meantime I will enjoy the Harrier and M-2000 learning process (oh how long is the wait for the Hornet)

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Does the Harrier sensor select switch no longer use the H3 on the Cougar? I see in-game they're not assigned to the HOTAS. Is that correct or did my auto-update mess up something? Also the OSBs on my MFDs are messed up for the Harrier.

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Would it be possible to give us the ability to switch the shift key from S3 to S4 for the Ka-50 profile? Perhaps make that an option in the Settings panel?

If not, how hard would this be to hand edit myself? Could it be as easy as searching the existing script and replacing all instances of "S3" with S4 and vice versa?

The profile was originally for the Cougar, which traditionally has used S3 for the shift button. S3 and S4 are two buttons that are pretty much hard-coded across all profiles, so there's no easy fix. It will have to remain as is.

Another issue I have noticed is purely cosmetic but for some functions the button position on the throttle doesn't seem to mimic what it is on screen or in your overlay guide. What I mean is that some buttons seem upside down from what they show on screen. Click the switch down shows the opposite function (switching up) in game. I have noticed this on a couple of switches. I have tried this with both the in game "Sync controls to HOTAS at startup" setting enabled and disabled and it didn't seem to matter.

You are experiencing this because the in-game controls only cycle one increment rather than being discrete states. Hold down S3 and move the switch to the in-game setting to match it up. Then you should be able to move the switch and have it replicate in-game.

<...>

A minor issue and may be on purpose because of how those switches work but just something I noticed. I'm away from my HOTAS this morning but when I get home I can send you the details on which switches I have noticed seem out of sync.

Thanks again for your time!

You're welcome, and thanks for the compliments.

Does the Harrier sensor select switch no longer use the H3 on the Cougar? I see in-game they're not assigned to the HOTAS. Is that correct or did my auto-update mess up something? Also the OSBs on my MFDs are messed up for the Harrier.

Nothing wrong. I just changed them from DirectX to keystrokes so that I could map DirectX to the Warthog swtiches. Just be sure you import the latest diff.lua settings.

WHC is for the Warthog and Cougar combined, and use Toe Brakes with the Cougar Rudder. This is a deprecated feature, as if you have both you're better off leaving the Cougar out of the profile and mapping the rudder and toe brakes as a separate axis. I left them in for backward compatibility. The explanation is in the Setup Guide. I will update it to include a footnote about WHC.

I won't have an opportunity to test for another week, but off the top of my head I mapped those to keystrokes so you won't see them in the HOTAS column.

Ok my situation is resolved.. seems i have a bad switch on my Throttle that was stuck up.

Its working now.. Thanks so much for your help/support and CTS! One of my biggest issue with gaming/sims are getting the joystick setup and you have helped relieve my anxiety. Thank You homefries, Were can I send a donation? :thumbup:

The profile was originally for the Cougar, which traditionally has used S3 for the shift button. S3 and S4 are two buttons that are pretty much hard-coded across all profiles, so there's no easy fix. It will have to remain as is.

Now that I have had more time with the various profiles I see what you mean. I am already learning to adapt to the S3 usage and continue to be impressed by the elegance of your scripts.

Thank you for the reply!

Madmatt

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

Were can I send a donation? :thumbup:

If there is a particular item of support you would like, please PM me and we can discuss it. Otherwise, please send all donations to the Fisher House as listed in the OP. Fisher House takes care of the families of wounded servicemen while the servicemen recover, and those families need your donations a lot more than I do. :thumbup:

If there is a particular item of support you would like, please PM me and we can discuss it. Otherwise, please send all donations to the Fisher House as listed in the OP. Fisher House takes care of the families of wounded servicemen while the servicemen recover, and those families need your donations a lot more than I do. :thumbup:

Thank you home fries,, just donated 25$ ;-)

Nothing wrong. I just changed them from DirectX to keystrokes so that I could map DirectX to the Warthog swtiches. Just be sure you import the latest diff.lua settings.

So are you saying I have to map them to the H3 manually?

EDIT: Never mind. I think I got it.

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Hi HF,

I know this has been a long time issue, but I still cannot use my speed brake buttons on the Cougar. I even tried to use the previous way of running Target and use the older TARGET F15C js v130.diff.lua & TARGET F15C kb v128.diff.lua files but they did not seem to work. Previously I could run these files in order to get the airbrake to work in the F15C but not anymore.

Still issues

Thank you home fries,, just donated 25$ ;-)

Sorry Homefries I was mistaken. I guess its seemed the script crashed the other day while testing is why it seemed to work.

Still having issues and not sure where to look.

When the profile is running and I goto event tester I get this when flipping down the EAC button when the a10c profile is running. (flipping up doesnt do anything)

If i turn off the profile it works fine in dcs as normal a10c warthog HOTAS.

I have the modifiers setup..

any suggestions?

I am also running DCS World 2.5 beta.. not sure if it needs an update to work with this.

Capture.JPG.bcf3177f3c825f5305c2460e25b4dc01.JPG

Edited by maestro72x

Hi,

Haven‘t tried the last version yet; does it work with DCS World 2.5 beta? Heard about changes so that mod enabler (ovgme , jsgme.... sorry don‘t know the exact abbrev.) do not work anymore correctly.

Thx

Desmo

Edited by desmoflex
Typo

Hi HF,

I know this has been a long time issue, but I still cannot use my speed brake buttons on the Cougar. I even tried to use the previous way of running Target and use the older TARGET F15C js v130.diff.lua & TARGET F15C kb v128.diff.lua files but they did not seem to work. Previously I could run these files in order to get the airbrake to work in the F15C but not anymore.

Sorry Homefries I was mistaken. I guess its seemed the script crashed the other day while testing is why it seemed to work.

When the profile is running and I goto event tester I get this when flipping down the EAC button when the a10c profile is running. (flipping up doesnt do anything)

any suggestions?

I am also running DCS World 2.5 beta.. not sure if it needs an update to work with this.

Hi,

Haven‘t tried the last version yet; does it work with DCS World 2.5 beta? Heard about changes so that mod enabler (ovgme , jsgme.... sorry don‘t know the exact abbrev.) do not work anymore correctly.

Thx

Desmo

Hi fellas,

I've been slammed at work, so I apologize for the late reply. The profile does work with the current version of 2.5, and I haven't found any keyboard or joystick lua files that need updating (yet). The only thing you should do for now with the harrier is invert the TDC Y axis now that the analog is working with the TPOD. I have not seen any other controller lua files updated with the 2.5 releases.

Pimp, I'll have time in a couple of weeks, then we can possibly discuss this issue on TS3 or via email. Go ahead and send me a PM with your email and we can figure it out.

I'm going to feel a bit stupid when you answer this, but which buttons are 30, 31 and 32 on my WH? I haven't found a map with them labelled and it's driving me slightly insane.

It's not a stupid question at all. Buttons 30-32 aren't normally mapped. They're logical buttons, which makes them ideal as modifiers. Rather than press the button to select them, you need to select them from the drop-down menu when adding modifiers in the Options menu.

It's not a stupid question at all. Buttons 30-32 aren't normally mapped. They're logical buttons, which makes them ideal as modifiers. Rather than press the button to select them, you need to select them from the drop-down menu when adding modifiers in the Options menu.

It's about to get stupid though.

I've mapped 30-32 in options. I just don't know which one to press on the throttle or stick to activate them. :) I suspect that they're on the throttle but after a mashing marathon session I haven't identified them. I have the profile active and loaded, I have the corresponding keyboard and HOTAS profiles loaded in DCS. Modifiers are mapped in every module I own (although I'm only using the AV-8B profile right now).

any suggestions?

Ok Im sorry, Its my fault, I never loaded up the keyboard bindings too didnt think it was needed.. RTFM! its working now!

They're transparent as modifiers. 30 is used with the S3 button (the pinky button on the stick) and 31/32 are used with the MFDs. Once you add them as modifiers you don't need to worry about them.

Ah, ok. That makes a lot more sense. I don't have MFDs and it looks like my pinky switch is getting a bit worn out. Thanks :)

Ah, ok. That makes a lot more sense. I don't have MFDs and it looks like my pinky switch is getting a bit worn out. Thanks :)

You really want the MFDs to properly use this profile. It is also the only way to select aircraft/module profiles on the fly.

AV8B Custom Lua?

HF,

I just ran the CTSupdate.exe and I noticed according to the change log the Custom LUA for the AV8B is supposed to be ver 2.05, but what I have after the update appears to still be version 2.04 with a file date of 12/17/2017.

I also tried a full install with the same result.

It may be just me but thought I'd ask.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

HF,

I just ran the CTSupdate.exe and I noticed according to the change log the Custom LUA for the AV8B is supposed to be ver 2.05, but what I have after the update appears to still be version 2.04 with a file date of 12/17/2017.

I also tried a full install with the same result.

It may be just me but thought I'd ask.

I have the same....infact some of the mappings on the throttle are non working correctly (flaps and others mapped as sensor select switch) maybe this is why...

I solved manually assigning buttons in the dcs configuration screen...I was waiting for an update thinking that it has something to do with the 2.5 update

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Fellas,

I think 2.05 is when I changed some of the mappings from DirectX to keyboard so that I could do more DirectX for throttle switches. That would explain any issues with 2.05, especially if you're still using the 2.04 diff.luas. It shouldn't be 2.5; none of the default.lua files have changed with the update.

Again, I verified the contents of the server, then I both reinstalled CTS in a dummy folder and manually extracted the contents of the zip file. Everything worked on my end.

Here's what I recommend if you don't want to try another full install: go into the DB folder and open version.txt in notepad.

Then near the bottom of the file where it says

http://blackveal.dlinkddns.com/MyWeb/TARGET/CTS/CTSext.zip

change 2.050 to 2.049 (or 1 or something less than 2.050). Then run a normal update and see what happens. Note: this is CTSext.zip, not CTSexe.zip!

If you still have trouble, I'll upload the diff.lua files manually.

Edited by Home Fries

Hi Home Fries.

Sorry if my questions are too basic.

My problem with the Harrier is the TDC. The slew control is crazy. Moves and dissapears, and is too fast. Its impossible (for me) to lock anything.

It is possible to slow it? What file should I edit? I tried inside the sim but no luck. Is it normal?

The same happens with the KA50 Shkval. I have to disable it, because the movement is too irregular and fast. I tried some curves and axix values, but its the same. Maybe the TARGET profiles disable the sim .lua settings for the axes?

Tnx.

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

Fellas,

I think 2.05 is when I changed some of the mappings from DirectX to keyboard so that I could do more DirectX for throttle switches. That would explain any issues with 2.05, especially if you're still using the 2.04 diff.luas. It shouldn't be 2.5; none of the default.lua files have changed with the update.

Again, I verified the contents of the server, then I both reinstalled CTS in a dummy folder and manually extracted the contents of the zip file. Everything worked on my end.

Here's what I recommend if you don't want to try another full install: go into the DB folder and open version.txt in notepad.

Then near the bottom of the file where it says

http://blackveal.dlinkddns.com/MyWeb/TARGET/CTS/CTSext.zip

change 2.050 to 2.049 (or 1 or something less than 2.050). Then run a normal update and see what happens. Note: this is CTSext.zip, not CTSexe.zip!

If you still have trouble, I'll upload the diff.lua files manually.

Ok tried ang got 205 av8 files...but throttle controls are not working correctly....

- flaps

- pinky switch

- boat switch

- apu start switch

all of this commands operates sensor select switch.....the joystick is working as illustrated on the mapping scheme

i have custom lua installed and =1 in the settings......but i tried also with off and nothing changed...

Anyway don't hurry, i am reporting only because you could find the issues.....i solved manually mapping missing assignments in DCS input screen..

Edited by VirusAM