=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Cancel that, I am online right now and there is only 1 remaining target, so one of the bunkers must have been blown away! I'll go straight there and check if we can bring home the mission ;)

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

:(

Is it only on BS or other servers too?

Appears all over. Blue Flag has bunkers that are invisible and indestructible as well as SA3 sites with the same bug. You can set down AI units, which will blow them up and then you can see the destroyed object.

Tested with JTAC lasing, object was still invisible though being marked, and multiple direct gbu12 hits had no effect.

I suspect Burning Skies is suffering same bug, and likely an ED problem to fix.

As we can see, currently =BS= missions are in the process of re-designing with addition of new ground targets. Wich personally I find very nice :)

However, for me (not only me) it's not very clear how all types of the groud units can be destroyed and what ammo should one use in each case. Some sharing of experience is needed.

In particular.Did any one try killing concrete bunkers? Those looking like a white rectangular box.

It seems to be killable with direct bomb (500 lb) hit, but HVAR damage is confusing. Sometimes HVAR hits do some damage, but most of the time no damage at al . And I dont see any connection with angle or side of attack (front, rear).

Here's some video, every burst fires all 10 HVARs at a time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eekz I think that would be great idea! It’s real easy to become a full on air quack server. I think there are a lot of players that would prefer a mission objective style of game play. Not to compare other sims but il2 BOS is great this regard. If your able, maybe take a look at some of the BOS server missions and pull from them for inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey Eekz, great work with the new mission, I like it a lot!

As for the mission marks, they would help greatly, although I am starting to appreciate the difficulty of localizing and spotting targets without artificial help. A quick look at mission briefing gives a rough idea on where they should be, and the rest is up to us :)

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

the last new feature "heavy AAA" is perfect example of useless improvement

it is not dangerous for plane attacking airbase in any way, but is deadly for plane trying to kill that attacker..

please delete it, it is totaly worthless

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

the last new feature "heavy AAA" is perfect example of useless improvement

it is not dangerous for plane attacking airbase in any way, but is deadly for plane trying to kill that attacker..

please delete it, it is totaly worthless

Mean the Flak is not that bad Saburo, was today near Airfield when you not manoeuvre you get heavy Flak around you.

Occasionally the ZSU-23 in the Normandy anticipation Mission get managed more then one Time to kill the Friendly P-51 in front of my 109 when they diving to the Airfield.

It just happen, the Flak will at least mark enemy Planes near your Airfield visual.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Tried the current GALI mission.

All the Blue bunkers (targets for red team) are invisible :-(

No Joy

Please consider putting some other targets that can be attacked & destroyed.

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | i7-8700K | 32GB DDR4 3600 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE | EKWB custom loop water cooling | Samsung M.2 EVO 960 500GB SSD + 2 x Crucial 250MX SSD + 4TB HD | Asus PG348Q 3440x1440 | TrackIR5 | Oculus Rift CV1 | MSFFB2 w extension + Saitek X52 Throttle + MFG Crosswind | Windows 10-64

Tried the current GALI mission.

All the Blue bunkers (targets for red team) are invisible :-(

No Joy

Please consider putting some other targets that can be attacked & destroyed.

Trying to figure out the problem. Seems line another DCS bug.

Trying different units. It's kinda tricky to test as it seems the bug is only reproducible in multiplayer.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

While making new missions for Road to Evreux, I've updated current missions for both sides. Bunkers replaced wit tanks. Also reduced initial HP for tanks to make it easier to destroy them, as I consider their current damage model as 'controversial' :) Have fun! :)

Burning Skies

Peak period is usualy about late afternoon and evening GMT time zone.

Mostly during weekends.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Static Zu23 emplacements are still bugged and invisible in multiplayer. Please swap them for Zu23 on a truck, that unit is not bugged. It really is annoying not to be able to kill the main defenses on objectives in Caucasus.

Static Zu23 emplacements are still bugged and invisible in multiplayer. Please swap them for Zu23 on a truck, that unit is not bugged. It really is annoying not to be able to kill the main defenses on objectives in Caucasus.

Sorry, but not going to change mission for every occasional DCS bug (not because I don't want to because I'm a bad guy, but it's a matter of free time). It's really time consuming.

I hope that ED will fix Spitfire and invisible units in the nearest update and then I'll roll out updated Road to Evreux mission adding new decent Caucasus mission to the rotation later.

That's the plan.

Burning Skies

Sorry, but not going to change mission for every occasional DCS bug (not because I don't want to because I'm a bad guy, but it's a matter of free time). It's really time consuming.

I hope that ED will fix Spitfire and invisible units in the nearest update and then I'll roll out updated Road to Evreux mission adding new decent Caucasus mission to the rotation later.

That's the plan.

I remeber when this Server was usually running on Caucas 1.5 and it was always filled with 15/20 pilots, why it's so dead now?

Eekz you must do something, or start collaboration with somebody to improve missions or other enviroment...

I can tell you some name that can be happy to collaborate with you so you can improve things.

I know the time it's not much but working in 2/3 it's better no?

I can ask to a friend of mine who is good with the editor to make a mission and try to send it to you.

Can we?

[sIGPIC]http://www.settimostormo.it/images/Firme/racetrack.png[/sIGPIC]

"Volare è utile, atterrare è necessario"

"Se non guardi a ore 6 almeno ogni 5 secondi non parlarmi di combattimento aereo, piuttosto fai il comico"

I'm open for any propositions. But there is some requirements for mission design that are a subject to change, but currently they are:

1. Mission objectives units should not be statics or scenery objects

2. Units that are supposed to be destroyed for mission objective completion should have the following prefix in the unit name:

side_objective_n where side = side of a coalition that is supposed to destroy the unit (red or blue), n - the number of mission objective to which the unit belongs (1,2,3.. etc)

for example:

red_objective_1 unit #001, blue_objective_2 very heavy tank etc.

3. It's desirable to have text description for each objective somewhere in google sheet, so i ctrl+c ctrl+v them to the mission and pilots will see via radio menu

4. Mission objectives may contain additional (optional to destroy units) that can be anything just to make it look more realistic (I prefer infantry, few statics and trucks).

5. Briefing images are welcome.

Also, if you don't want do missions but can write entertaining text descriptions or draw cute briefing images you are welcome, we can collaborate on existing missions.

Anyone can pm me and offer a contribution if you're willing to, but it's not a necessity :)

Burning Skies

I remeber when this Server was usually running on Caucas 1.5 and it was always filled with 15/20 pilots, why it's so dead now?

Eekz you must do something, or start collaboration with somebody to improve missions or other enviroment...

I can tell you some name that can be happy to collaborate with you so you can improve things.

I know the time it's not much but working in 2/3 it's better no?

I can ask to a friend of mine who is good with the editor to make a mission and try to send it to you.

Can we?

Asking Eekz to do something is fine, but your post reads as if it’s his fault that there’s a low number of players on his server. I don’t believe that is fair to Eekz or the current situation that he’s operating under. He’s done a great job with the changeover. He’s listened to feed back and has been making a better and more engaging mission. The issue is DCS!!! Not Eekz. Until DCS fixes all the issues with disappearing ground units or ground units that don’t render. A mass server crash every time a Spitfire takes damage(hence why the Spitfire is not longer in any MP server), a horrible damage modal and the list goes on... DCS is so bug infested that lots of players are either waiting on the sidelines or have completely abandoned DCS all together. I don’t agree with every decision Eekz makes but I do understand that he’s limited to what he’s working with. In this case it’s a DCS issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Also, if you don't want do missions but can write entertaining text descriptions or draw cute briefing images you are welcome, we can collaborate on existing missions.

Just imagining briefing text for current Normandy Anticipation mission...

"Due to space-time collapse WWII pilots with their warbirds got into future and are forced to fight against Leopard tanks ..." :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]