Usage of DDIs

Ragnar65

Uhm, right. But it's actually AMPCD.

AMPCD = Advanced Multi Purpose Color Display

Our Hornet has the upgraded screen.

I know, but it does not have less functionality than the previous one :) .

The AMPCD was designed as a direct "plug-in replacement" for the MPCD and AFAIK there isn't any difference in terms of functionality, but is all about providing higher image resolution(through use of LCD tech instead of CRT) .

JJ

AMPCD = Advanced Multi Purpose Color Display

I know, but it does not have less functionality than the previous one :) .

I'm not saying it has, I was just correcting myself, my post above. I thought our Hornet had the MPCD, but it's actually AMPCD.

Thanks for the information though, I thought it was used for navigation only.

There is a video on YT of a Canadian explaining how the Hornet cockpit works, and he said he could use the targeting pod thru the middle screen, but that's the CF-188A.

I'm not saying it has, I was just correcting myself, my post above. I thought our Hornet had the MPCD, but it's actually AMPCD.

Thanks for the information though, I thought it was used for navigation only.

No problem :) . It can be used for practically anything, but I think you are right that navigation(displaying the moving color map) would be the primary function.

JJ

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to ask ED.

Matt wrote in latest hornet mini-updates that we will have "ability to select one of five sequences".

AFAIK and remember (from NATOPS and different docs, simulations), Hornet has 3 sequences (flight plans).

Can someone give any feedback about this?

Thanks.

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

No problem :) . It can be used for practically anything, but I think you are right that navigation(displaying the moving color map) would be the primary function.

Alfa,

You're correct! Yesterday I was reading the NATOPs manual and it says that the AMPCD can display anything, except the A/G radar screen.

I really hope this hornet will be the ultimate short of flying the real thing edition. The god of Hornet simulation.

From the videos and information provide on the DCS Hornet so far, it seems that ED will make this module on a whole other level of realism.. even compared to the other DCS modules. They have paid attention to very small details in this one, not saying ED doesn't do that with the other modules, but man does the hornet look so good & realistic. Of-course we will know for sure when it's out, and don't doubt that ED won't disappoint us.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

Wow the SA page and systems are amazing! I knew modern aircraft could use data links and what not to piece together a picture of the battle space and lock -120's on bandits without turning on their own radar but it is really cool to see the interface of how it all comes together!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Wow the SA page and systems are amazing! I knew modern aircraft could use data links and what not to piece together a picture of the battle space and lock -120's on bandits without turning on their own radar but it is really cool to see the interface of how it all comes together!

welcome to the future

You wouldn't ever shoot on an AWACS track, range and altitude resolution isn't nearly good enough for weapons quality track and an E-3 has a refresh rate of 12 seconds or so, so forget shooting at a fighter. You also need a functioning radar to datalink updates to the AMRAAM, so need to be emitting unless you're within the active range of the missile. Would be useful for fighter to fighter tracks though since you can shoot and exit before the missile goes pitbull while still providing updates to the missile's guidance.

this isnt just from E3's..... You can also receive radar data from other F/A18 or even other Fighter Flights that have Link 16. And itl display other Threats for A/G aspect of things too.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

this isnt just from E3's..... You can also receive radar data from other F/A18 or even other Fighter Flights that have Link 16. And itl display other Threats for A/G aspect of things too.

Did you read the second half of my post? Literally just explained that whole concept within your quote lol

yeah its great but for some reason it was apparently an off-topic post explaining what the situational awareness display in the Hornet looks like

?????

another product...

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

in VRS? AFAIK, no :)

another product that Wags worked on :(

another product...

yeah its great but for some reason it was apparently an off-topic post explaining what the situational awareness display in the Hornet looks like

?????

https://forums.eagle.ru/rules.php#en

1.15 Discussions of other game companies products are forbidden. While we allow news and updates to be placed in our Chit Chat section, we do not allow the discussion, reviewing of, or comparison of other software here. Abuse of other companies and / or anyone related to these companies will not be tolerated. ED also reserves the right to remove any thread or post about another game.

It doesn't matter if Wags was part of the Team for Jane's F/A-18

It's not an Eagle Dynamics Product.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs