Fine tunning the rudder trim pace...

If you have a spare axel on your Joystick/HOTAS you could map the rudder trim to that axel. Otherwise, if you're restriced to button mappings for the trim, I agree that the steps a too coarse. If it could be implemented like it is in the Viggen module, where the change rate increases the longer you hold the button, would have been very nice.

If you have a spare axel on your Joystick/HOTAS you could map the rudder trim to that axel. Otherwise, if you're restriced to button mappings for the trim, I agree that the steps a too coarse. If it could be implemented like it is in the Viggen module, where the change rate increases the longer you hold the button, would have been very nice.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

This ^^

For those of us with button assignments for the spitfire rudder trim, the current implementation is far too coarse.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

You would have to try it out if it works with the rudder trim, but you might modify your default.lua for the Spitfire to do this.

This is from 'c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\ods\aircraft\SpitfireLFMkIX\Input\SpitfireLFMkIX\joystick\default.lua' (I've removed a lot of <space> for readability):

{ down = device_commands.Button_45, up = device_commands.Button_45, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROLS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Input.SpitfireLFMkIX.trim_rudder_minus'), category = _('Flight Control')},

{ down = device_commands.Button_47, up = device_commands.Button_47, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROLS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Input.SpitfireLFMkIX.trim_rudder_plus'), category = _('Flight Control')},

Modify that by adding:

{ down = device_commands.Button_45, up = device_commands.Button_45, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROLS, value_down = 0.1, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Rudder Trim Left, Fine'), category = _('Flight Control')},

{ down = device_commands.Button_47, up = device_commands.Button_47, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROLS, value_down = 0.1, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Rudder Trim Right, Fine'), category = _('Flight Control')},

You will have to check which is actually Left and which Right as well; it might be the reverse of above.

This works with many controls, but not all.

Then assign the modded controls to for example <TM_HOTAS_Joystick_Thumb_Hat_Left> and <TM_HOTAS_Joystick_Thumb_Hat_Right>, add a switch like the <TM_HOTAS_Joystick_Paddle>, and assign the original controls using the Paddle for just in case you need them.

I've done this with the K-14 settings in the P-51D, and it works like a charm. But again, it doesn't work with everything.

Of course, it would be awesome, if such settings were available per default for all such controls ;)

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

You would have to try it out if it works with the rudder trim, but you might modify your default.lua for the Spitfire to do this.

This is from 'c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\ods\aircraft\SpitfireLFMkIX\Input\SpitfireLFMkIX\joystick\default.lua' (I've removed a lot of <space> for readability):

{ down = device_commands.Button_45, up = device_commands.Button_45, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROLS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Input.SpitfireLFMkIX.trim_rudder_minus'), category = _('Flight Control')},

{ down = device_commands.Button_47, up = device_commands.Button_47, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROLS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Input.SpitfireLFMkIX.trim_rudder_plus'), category = _('Flight Control')},

Modify that by adding:

{ down = device_commands.Button_45, up = device_commands.Button_45, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROLS, value_down = 0.1, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Rudder Trim Left, Fine'), category = _('Flight Control')},

{ down = device_commands.Button_47, up = device_commands.Button_47, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROLS, value_down = 0.1, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Rudder Trim Right, Fine'), category = _('Flight Control')},

You will have to check which is actually Left and which Right as well; it might be the reverse of above.

This works with many controls, but not all.

Then assign the modded controls to for example <TM_HOTAS_Joystick_Thumb_Hat_Left> and <TM_HOTAS_Joystick_Thumb_Hat_Right>, add a switch like the <TM_HOTAS_Joystick_Paddle>, and assign the original controls using the Paddle for just in case you need them.

I've done this with the K-14 settings in the P-51D, and it works like a charm. But again, it doesn't work with everything.

Of course, it would be awesome, if such settings were available per default for all such controls ;)

Would you be able to create a JSGM mod from it ? :D

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Just did a quick test editing the stock value_down parameters in default.lua. Nope, that didn't work. Last time we were discussing this very issue in this part of the forum (in July '17), one of the guys was experimenting with editing clickabledata.lua as well, but apparently that didn't work for the Spit either.

Yo-Yo acknowledged the issue in that other thread, but someone else at ED programs these commands, so I think we're stuck waiting for the person to make changes (if he will bother at all).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Just did a quick test editing the stock value_down parameters in default.lua. Nope, that didn't work. Last time we were discussing this very issue in this part of the forum (in July '17), one of the guys was experimenting with editing clickabledata.lua as well, but apparently that didn't work for the Spit either.

Yo-Yo acknowledged the issue in that other thread, but someone else at ED programs these commands, so I think we're stuck waiting for the person to make changes (if he will bother at all).

That would be really nice to see it working as it should :)

@All above in this thread...

Thank you guys for your precious comments!

Let's wait and see - maybe it get's fine tuned in future updates. For the time being I sometimes prefer to actually leave the rudder trim at it's neutral settings, and use only the rudder to coordinate...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

@All above in this thread...

Thank you guys for your precious comments!

Let's wait and see - maybe it get's fine tuned in future updates. For the time being I sometimes prefer to actually leave the rudder trim at it's neutral settings, and use only the rudder to coordinate...

I certainly hope it gets fixed soon.

• Like 1

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Don't hold your breath.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Whilst I agree it's a nuisance, it is just that: a nuisance, nothing more.

The fact is during a dogfight the speed changes come so thick and fast you're better off using your feet (somewhat easier - though not easy! - given that the airload on the rudder is now modelled).

Strafing is a little more inportant but given that you tend to be increasing speed in the attack dive you should still be adjusting your rudder input as the dive progresses.

I find currently getting it in the ball park and then leaning on the rudder for the remaining bit is managable.

I would prefer to see the bomb load, drop tanks and wing tip options enabled first - if the FM tweaks in this regard take prioroty.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I got a little workaround for those of you who use a TM Warthog with the Target software.

This fires off a sequence of tiny key strokes as long as you keep the button/hat pressed. The good thing about this is that you are able to let it be pressed for only once and for only a short time (20ms in this example). The delay of 100ms helps for getting your fingers off the button/hat before the next key stroke happens. Obviously, the wheel now turns much slower, but you could define multiple different speeds and use a modifier if this is not good enough for you.

Put these lines somewehre after: SetKBLayout(KB_ENG);

int Trim_left = REXEC(0, 100, "ActKey(CHAIN(KEYON+DOWN+R_CTL+',', D(20), KEYON+UP+R_CTL+','));");

int Trim_right = REXEC(1, 100, "ActKey(CHAIN(KEYON+DOWN+R_CTL+'/', D(20), KEYON+UP+R_CTL+'/'));");

Use your own definitions here, mine changes the view per default and when used with the modifier switch it trims for all 3 layers:

MapKeyIOUMD(&Joystick, H1L, Trim_left, KP4, Trim_left, KP4, Trim_left, KP4);

MapKeyIOUMD(&Joystick, H1R, Trim_right, KP6, Trim_right, KP6, Trim_right, KP6);

Don’t forget to remove the original H1L and H1R lines.

Cheers

• Like 1

PC Specs: Win10, 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5CL30@6000Mhz, ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X, 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, LG OLED42C2, Pico 4
Flight Sim Gear: VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip with WarBRD Base and 6cm extension, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip with Rotor TCS Plus Base, BRD-F1 Rudders(Su-35), 3x8"LCD 1024x768 with TM-MFDs, DIY dashboard with 60 buttons and 8 axis MMJOY2, POV-HAT(no TrackIR)
Aircraft: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, F-5E, Mig-21bis, Mig-15bis, AH-64D, Mi-24P, Mi-8MTV2, Black Shark 2 & 3, Uh-1H, FC3, SpitfireLFMkIX, P-51D, I-16, Mosquito FB VI, Bf109K-4
Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, Channel, Sinai

Tech: WWII Assets Pack, Supercarrier