Please dedicate more people to fixing the core game before adding new features...

MobiSev

All the crashing and performance problems are getting really annoying and they are starting to build up... especially in multiplayer. It's kind of getting ridiculous.

The "Bugs and Problems" section speaks for itself and DCS server population has been getting smaller and smaller

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Since DCS is very complex under the hood, it's probably hard to see all the work that all these guys put in - but they've done a brilliant job so far. We have waited a long time for some considerable performance increases, but sometimes it's extremely hard to catch a root cause. And now, in some situations I even see more fps than in 2.5.5 even though in some other situations it's still not as good as in 2.5.5. This must be due to some improvements to the core. Or the complete rewrite of the carrier code. Have you seen any deck sliding since the SC is here? I didn't (except for the Huey on a Burke) and that's awesome! I'm pretty sure we'll see some great things in the future like the new weather, a dynamic campaign system, even better rendering engine etc. But it does take time especially since there are always some things that needs to be fixed as well as other new code fragments join the party. And you simply can't "evoid" that in software development, and even more certainly not when it's a complex program.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I have seen how hard these guys are working, and it's night and day over what I could tell previously (I dwell on changelogs and internals and have done for many many years). Both in the way 2.5.6 broke and the resulting epic comeback for SC release are massive changes devoted to basic core game issues that had hung around, that I thought I'd never see.

I've no idea what the OP is refering to with crashing, I literally smash the hell out of the sim every other day and its stable. So I think the only useful addition ot this post would be to provide crash logs, some detail or something useful and get on the "help train", otherwise these posts become fairly useless to anyone. Sorry, but it's true, what can we do to improve something if no one is willing to help properly?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I've no idea what the OP is refering to with crashing, I literally smash the hell out of the sim every other day and its stable. So I think the only useful addition ot this post would be to provide crash logs, some detail or something useful and get on the "help train", otherwise these posts become fairly useless to anyone. Sorry, but it's true, what can we do to improve something if no one is willing to help properly?

You have no idea what I’m talking about? Did you not look at the bugs and problems section of the forum like I said in my original post? There are like 20 different threads talking about the various issues with the latest update. I know that I have personally crashed a bunch of times dealing with Combined Arms

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

It's mainly the last few patches are a bit wonky.

The way I see it, major changes are being worked on and somethings will go wrong. Hopefully these are not to hard to fix.

It's mostly in MP? Things like not being able to load from farp trucks at helipads and CA manual reloading vehicles from what I've seen.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

You have no idea what I’m talking about? Did you not look at the bugs and problems section of the forum like I said in my original post? There are like 20 different threads talking about the various issues with the latest update. I know that I have personally crashed a bunch of times dealing with Combined Arms

Have you provided a crash log for your CA crashes? Or just complains?

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Have you provided a crash log for your CA crashes? Or just complains?

Have you searched the forums whether he provided crash logs or not? Or are you just blaming someone who demands the service he paid for?

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Over half the company is dedicated to the core, it doesn't mean that all issues are easy to find or fix. The latest release was very stable and will continue to improve, thanks.

The latest release was very stable yes, I'm glad to see ED are focusing more on quality. Please keep it up and try not to focus too much on the shiny balls. ;)

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

So I searched your threads, (I'm already aware of the bugs section and current issues, thanks) but did show me that you didn't upload a track last time you were asked either. The irony is that on https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=268550 you cite a symptom that I reported back in January 2017 and the moderator could only say it seemed similar to existing reports, showing that...

Not providing detail and then generically talking about bugs being already reported is just not helping, anything.

The title of this Thread has been covered and asked for years ago, I know this because I made similar requests, but the difference is, Eagle actually responded to those and made good strides to actually adopt the requests that were asked for and then gave candid and transparent information on all of this on Reddit, from the lead dev and the owner.

Had YOU searched, you would be better informed that your topic had been covered extensively this year and that also your bug reports are not really reports but commentary without data.

So I maintain my position, after checking like you asked, but at least i'm now backed up by actual data.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

So I searched your threads, (I'm already aware of the bugs section and current issues, thanks) but did show me that you didn't upload a track last time you were asked either. The irony is that on https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=268550 you cite a symptom that I reported back in January 2017 and the moderator could only say it seemed similar to existing reports, showing that...

Not providing detail and then generically talking about bugs being already reported is just not helping, anything.

The title of this Thread has been covered and asked for years ago, I know this because I made similar requests, but the difference is, Eagle actually responded to those and made good strides to actually adopt the requests that were asked for and then gave candid and transparent information on all of this on Reddit, from the lead dev and the owner.

Had YOU searched, you would be better informed that your topic had been covered extensively this year and that also your bug reports are not really reports but commentary without data.

So I maintain my position, after checking like you asked, but at least i'm now backed up by actual data.

Tracks? You do know this isn’t a bug report thread, right? Just a wishlist thread. And I didn’t ask you to look at my posts from earlier updates, but rather the multitude of others in the bugs and problems section for this current update... Also, if you had read my post that you cited, you would know that a track was not available to me at the time. I did, however, provide an explanation on how it could easily be replicated for anyone who had the time to look.

Yeah, this post is commentary...wasn’t trying to hide that which is why I didn’t post it in the bugs section. But I don’t know how you can say that all my actual bug reports are commentary without data by only looking at a single thread. If you had looked at my others, you would see that if I don’t have a track or replay, I give step by step instructions on how to reproduce the problem. Pretty much all of them have been in the third party module sections

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

Have you searched the forums whether he provided crash logs or not? Or are you just blaming someone who demands the service he paid for?

The OP is the one complaining for bugs and should search the forums and also post in the bug section for said bugs that he found.

This is THE ONLY WAY that bugs can be resolved. Not by complaining.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

The OP is the one complaining for bugs and should search the forums and also post in the bug section for said bugs that he found.

This is THE ONLY WAY that bugs can be resolved. Not by complaining.

It's definitely the only way.

Community contributed bug reports is definitely a huge thing, yes.

But the majority of bugs should be found inside the development pipeline by ED's and third party's own testers. But of course - especially with games - and open beta, using the users as beta testers is an economical measure that makes sense.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

How do you know the ratio of internally found/fixed bugs and open beta bugs?

He/we don't. Although there are certain types of bugs that should not 'escape" if the correct amount of regression testing is employed before release. The ratio you mention is called DRE (Defect Resolotuin Efficiency) and is often used by software houses to determine the quality of a product. ((No of Defect found during Testing)/(No of Defects found during Testing +No of Defects reported by customers) * 100)

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

How do you know the ratio of internally found/fixed bugs and open beta bugs?

I don't know these numbers, nor did I claim or hint at that I do.

Talking about the core game, how realistic is the AI and its flight model, I've been playing DCS for a few months and I feel like I'm fighting terminators, they never loose sight of me they always detect me first and during dogfights they never black out, a month ago I was flying the Mig-29 against an F-5 and the little mosquito was outclimbing and out turning me

Edited by KIKE92

Talking about the core game, how realistic is the AI and its flight model, I've been playing DCS for a few months and I feel like I'm fighting terminators, they never loose sight of me they always detect me first and during dogfights they never black out, a month ago I was flying the Mig-29 against an F-5 and the little mosquito was outclimbing and out turning me

+1, the AI should be improved.

Another basic feature that's never worked for me is track recording. It never replays as it should.

I agree with the thread's title, I would enjoy DCS more if the things that I bought were finished and bug-free.

But then it would be too much fun and I would not be tempted to buy new modules (like this super carrier which I bought against common sense and which I cannot use because every landing is a slideshow.).

ED won't make lot of money fixing stuff they already sold (or free stuff), right ?