view control settings

Sprool

I'm running DCS most of the time using a second monitor to display MFD's (for the the F-18c) but noticed when Im flying the Huey in same screen config the top left red box showing control positions is no longer visible. I presume its mapped to 0,0 position for single monitor configurations. What I need to find is the Lua file that controls this and edit it so I can still see the control positions in the 2-monitor setup. Note: main monitor for me is on right, starting at x=1921, and is bigger res than secondary monitor on the left displaying the two MFD's I use for the Hornet.

Does anyone know the location of the lua file controlling the position of the control display box?

Can't help with the lua, but from experience doing MFD exports previously I remember the control indicator used to appear as an overlay on one of the exported MFD's. Even though the Huey doesn't have MFD's to export, having DCS configured for it migt still cause this issue. Have you tried to open the kneeboard? Is the control indicator there?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

No there's no flight controls position red box appearing on any kneeboard pages. I'm pretty convinced its still being told to start drawing box at 0,0 which is no longer visible on my secondary monitor since its 1920 x 1080 and the main monitor is 2560 x 1440. Since you have to tell DCS the new combined resolution is 4480 x 1440, on the second monitor the top row of 340 pixels is not displayed. The info will be in a lua file somewhere...

OK, might be so. Reason for asking about the kneeboard is that I dont remember if it is treated as an MFD (getting exported) or not.

But when I have done this I have exported to the secondary, smaller display to the right, so 0,0 have been located on my main display. The controls indicator have still been overlayed on one of the exported MFD's to the right.

Sorry I can't help, hope you find a solution.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5