Germany Luftwaffe buys Super Hornets ???

Rick50

All those issues with inner german politics that might prevent Germany acquiring Super Hornets in the end, have not really been mentioned in international media reports about this, as most of them are not aware about those difficulties in German military acquisition processes.
So in short and hardly surprising: European military complex doesn't want Germany to buy US made premium(!) weapon system. Something that was already presented when within EU circulated idea of punishing newer EU members when attempting to purchase non-EU fighters. If the biggest economy within EU makes it decision based on a fact that EU is unable to produce product with desired properties - there would be hardly any room lest to press upon anybody else.

Besides - Airbus must be happy with the problem in which Boeing is sinking due to those issues with civil-traffic planes thus even such a minor financial support must be hated by them

In my opinion Germany should keep a small qty of tornado , just minimum training, buying obsolete tornados and parts from other country’s.

Get Typhoon ECR, and start the political process to come out of the Nuke dropping story.

I remember we had to take out the special weapon equipment if going for training to US, not much trust there.

Germany need to be independent from US for defense equipment, as it be used for political pressure ( Turkey's F-35 story), get some Rafale and drop French Nukes would be better????

Once those planes start to be too aged it is going to be very expensive to keep them airworthy and are those foreign ones usable to cannibalise parts for i.e. ECR ones?

Btw. it is Turks' fault that they got themselves into big problems with the USA. Besides it is probably much safer to buy weapons from the USA than EU consortium when it comes to possible political pressure, sanctions etc.

Oh, France sharing their force de frappe with its recent arch-enemy? :music_whistling: Cancel the treaties with the USA that for decades backed up the safety of tho whole Western Europe and try to make treaty with France that once already said "goodby" to NATO?

Moreover there is hardly anything to drop as their nuclear arsenal is either in submarines ballistic missiles or air-deployed cruise missiles.

In my opinion Germany should keep a small qty of tornado , just minimum training, buying obsolete tornados and parts from other country’s.

Get Typhoon ECR, and start the political process to come out of the Nuke dropping story.

I remember we had to take out the special weapon equipment if going for training to US, not much trust there.

Germany need to be independent from US for defense equipment, as it be used for political pressure ( Turkey's F-35 story), get some Rafale and drop French Nukes would be better????

The nuke dropping story has some good reasons. Germany accepted to be involved into nuclear weapons delivery and therefore recieved power of co-decision from the US, when and where nukes are dropped. The french rejected that power of co-decision for their nukes, so germany better stay with the USA in that term.

The F-35 Story with turkey is nothing to worry about. Erdogan tried to fool his allies and under his power, turkey has become a troublemaker and nothing more. The decision to ban the turks from the F-35 project is absolutely correct and necessary. This has nothing to do with political pressure (unlike China tries if there is only the smalles sign of critism towards the red facist regime in beijing), but with protecting high end military technology knowledge from beeing impart to Russia or China by Turkey. Turkey is just not dependable and can't be trusted anymore, plain and simple.

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2