Huey FOV change for surround ?

ron533

Why have you configured your setup as 1 monitor? Do you have your monitors in the same plane instead of tilted inwards to increase FoV..?

Edited by yoyo_332nd

Alpha Tauri - 322nd Dutch Virtual Air Defense Squadron

• 1 year later...

Resuming this old thread as I'm having the same problem with 3 monitors configured as 1 camera in DCS. No more that 140 FOV, even if CameraViewAngleLimits is set to 180. Is there any hardcoded limitation to this setting? 

To add some details, I have set the Zoom keybind to an axis on the hotas. Sliding it aft 2/3 it reaches 140 and the remaining 1/3 is doing nothing. It seems the game reads the 180 value as the axis is actually set for the whole FOV range, but the rendering is blocked at 140 max. 

I have tried to look for that value in all the Lua files I could relate to this matter to no avail. 

Help! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 5:11 PM, Il_Pres said:

Resuming this old thread as I'm having the same problem with 3 monitors configured as 1 camera in DCS.

Please explain me why you wanne do that. With three screens you configure DCS with three screens.

Then, if your model has a 140 FoV limit, you will have a max FoV of 3x140=420 degrees. But you wont be able to place the monitors correctly. I can garentee you that 3x120=360 is more then enough. But then you would have to place your monitors in a triangle and stick your head between them from below or above... This is possible with beamers in a big room though. And with beamers you need some overlap for blending the views, so 3x140 might come in handy.

I find 3x60=180 more then enough sitting in between the ends of my side monitors in a 60*/60*/60* placement for a full 180 degrees view.

*=Degrees

Edited by yoyo_332nd

Alpha Tauri - 322nd Dutch Virtual Air Defense Squadron

I use 1 Monitor layout for performance reasons. With that configuration and 3*32 screens I'd really like to have more FOV. At the moment, I'm trying to get used to 3 different cameras setup, with the help of Immersive Calibration Pro that is exporting a LUA file. Drawback is that you lose zoom with that LUA. I'll try to get the regular 3 cameras LUA to fine tune and see how it goes.