X52 short or long press possible ??

Kalonji

Hi guys and X52 pro users !!

I was wondering is there a way to make a difference between a long press and a short press on a button for the Mirage 2000C or F-16C (A-10C already has that implemented ;) ) ?!

That would be awesome !! I could use Pinkie switch as a modifier when long pressed and as the automatic pilot standbye when short pressed :thumbup:

Any way of doing that or making it work ?! Any information welcome !!

Thanks in advance mates !!

John "Kalon"

Edited by Kalonji

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------

DCS : A-10C - KA-50 - FC3 - UH-1H - M-2000C - F-16C - F/A-18C Pilot in Border Zone Elite Group :D:D:D

I am not sure how to do it with Saitek software, but it is done pretty easily with a combo of vJoy and Joystick Gremlin.

It is a very powerful and easy to use tool that can really enhance and pick up where native tools leave off.

https://whitemagic.github.io/JoystickGremlin/interface/

Tempo: This container holds two groups of actions that get executed under different conditions. The first one is run when the input is pressed for a duration shorter then the specified delay. The second group is run when the input is pressed for longer then the specified delay. Whether the first group is executed with the input being pressed or only when it is released can be controlled by the activation setting.

I use the short and long press without any special measures, for the A-10C, using the DCS setup.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

I am not sure how to do it with Saitek software, but it is done pretty easily with a combo of vJoy and Joystick Gremlin.

It is a very powerful and easy to use tool that can really enhance and pick up where native tools leave off.

Tempo: This container holds two groups of actions that get executed under different conditions. The first one is run when the input is pressed for a duration shorter then the specified delay. The second group is run when the input is pressed for longer then the specified delay. Whether the first group is executed with the input being pressed or only when it is released can be controlled by the activation setting.

:thumbup: +1 for Joystick Gremlin.

I use the short and long press without any special measures, for the A-10C, using the DCS setup.

@SVgamer72 : thanks a lot mate, I'll check that !! Might be very usefull !!

@Holbeach ; Yes on A-10C it's a normal comportment of some HOTAS functions, and I want to use that on every plane !!

Exemple : on my X-52 I want my pinkie switch to change FOV on TGP in F-16C with short press and become a modifier with long press :D

Kalon

Edited by Kalonji

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------

DCS : A-10C - KA-50 - FC3 - UH-1H - M-2000C - F-16C - F/A-18C Pilot in Border Zone Elite Group :D:D:D

• 1 month later...

You can try the NEW ADVANCED COMMAND.

There you will find the REPEAT field.

As long as you press the button

the PRESS action will take place ONCE

and then,

as long as you are keep pressing the button (NO RELEASE IT, important!)

it will repeat the REPEAT FIELD with your desire command.

And finally, the RELEASE command once you release the button.

You may have to give a DELAY VALUE to the repeating command,

so you to have the required response in game but ONLINE also,

as the repeated commands doesn't have the same response online.

PS: You can use JUST the REPEAT FIELD for this to work exactly as you like.

Don't use it as MACRO

Edited by ADHS

Democracy was already invented, while Scrat was eating oak fruits.

@ADHS - thats neat, but not sure I can get my head round your post, can you give an example in use?

ADHS is right that this can be done with Advanced Command but what he exactly suggested would not work for what OP has asked. It would work for long press but then wouldn't work for short press.

This is how you have to do it. I used 1 and 2 keys as example.

X52_example.jpg

Short press will activate 1 key and release. If you hold down longer than half a second, 2 key will activate and continue to be activated until you release. Then you can assign 2 key as modifier in DCS. You can play with delay to suit your needs.

The button you assign this command to will not work as modifier (Shift state) in the Logitech software. Only in DCS.

Edit: Just realized a flaw with this approach. Every time you want to use the long press, short press will activate once. If you want more control, vjoy and gremlin may be the only way.

Edited by Taz1004

Taz1004

Yes my friend but it is a matter to setup so you

got the final "feeliing" while pressing the button.

And what he was asking for was:

WHILE PRESSING A BUTTON.

This is what the REPEAT ability can do.

While you are still pressing the button,

till you release it.

I believe that it will work but indeed needs adjustments

and delay values so to get the finall "feeling" and result.

Anyways, we all are in the right direction, plus your additions.

Thank you again my friend

Edited by ADHS

Democracy was already invented, while Scrat was eating oak fruits.