HUD FLIR in some attitude.

Jowen G. Bruère-Dawson

Hi,

Just done a flight tonight and I noticed this strange ''bug'' on the HUD with the FLIR when I was at certain pitch angle. Didn't found anything in the manual.

Is it intended to be like this or is it a bug ?

Thanks.

EDIT : I've confused pitch and bank angle, shitty mistake, sorry about that, I meant pitch angle !

Screen_181214_232854.thumb.png.65b463ea167c99446a0fd5449cad0e11.png

Edited by Jowen G. Bruère-Dawson

Thank you for your answer TeddyThePilot. But I'll be honest, I'm not sure to fully understand the meaning of the image. I'll look at it more in depth later.

I've tried to reproduce my bug 5 min ago and didn't managed to. I was in the same conditions than yesterday : FLIR on the HUD, White Hot, and pull the stick until the HUD goes fully white. But it didn't happened.

Maybe more precision on what happened yesterday : i'll take random pitch angle values to explain it.

I was pulling the stick to take altitude and turn right to go back to the target area. Until, let's say, 20° of pitch angle, the HUD FLIR was normal, and when I reached 20°, the HUD goes fully white like on my screenshot. I don't understand this behaviour... When I was at 10° for exemple, the sky was black. And at more than 20° the HUD goes fully white... Also it masks all the navigation and attitude cues of the HUD during a potentialy critical manoeuver (high pitch angle, maybe high AOA and low speed...), it's pretty wierd to me.

Thank you.

EDIT : I've confused pitch and bank angle, shitty mistake, sorry about that, I meant pitch angle !

Edited by Jowen G. Bruère-Dawson

I was pulling the stick to take altitude and turn right to go back to the target area. Until, let's say, 20° of bank angle, the HUD FLIR was normal, and when I reached 20°, the HUD goes fully white like on my screenshot. I don't understand this behaviour... When I was at 10° for exemple, the sky was black. And at more than 20° the HUD goes fully white... Also it masks all the navigation and attitude cues of the HUD during a potentialy critical manoeuver (high bank angle, maybe high AOA and low speed...), it's pretty wierd to me.

In this case, I think you had a bug.

50+ DCS World mods. Russian Falcons Club