Wish List Item - Afterburner Detent Button

Shadow_1stVFW

Not sure how many would agree with me, But I think the addition of an afterburner detent button would be really helpful.

So the F-5 started it with the throttle range button, which acted like a switch not allowing you to move the throttle into the afterburner range. This is nice, but you press it once and you are allowed to move into afterburner as much as you like.

The hornet added to this with the finger lift key (though technically incorrect, but, helpful non the less) which locks the throttle at mil power unless you have the button pressed as you get to mil.

This is nice as I fly the harrier, A-10 and helos quiet often, having this button allows me to use a button instead of a physical detent to be absolutely certain I'm at mil power and not have to take my throttle (Virpil T-50) off its base, move the detent, then remount it to have a detent. (I also use the same button for the combat button in the harrier).

Just my 2 cents.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

So the F-5 started it with the throttle range button, which acted like a switch not allowing you to move the throttle into the afterburner range.

Never knew the F-5 had that! Thank you very much!

I honestly feel like it's a must have to any airplane that had it, I don't know if the Bf 109 had something to block the MW50 but the P-51 had a string and it's modelled in DCS.

MiG-21 you can turn the AB off with a switch... so it's kinda ok, I guess.

Viggen would be neat but you can understand when AB is on. I just hate planes that give no feedback when AB is on ( other than the fuel flow skyrocketing ).

PC : i7 7700K | NVIDIA 2070 Super | 32GB RAM 3000MHz

Modules : FC3 | Bf 109K-4 Kurfurst | F-5E-3 Tiger II | A-10C Worthog | MiG-21Bis Fishbed | UH-1H Huey | Combined Arms | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C Hornet | Ka-50 | F-14A&B Tomcat! | L-39 | Mi-8MTV | Persian Gulf | F-86F | MiG-15 | AV-8B N/A | M-2000C | P-51D | F-16C | Yak-52 | Nevada | SA342 | NS430 | JF-17

Virpil WarBRD | Virpil VFX Grip

I just adjust the axis range so that the plane is at 100% mil when I hit the physical afterburner detent on the throttle even if the plane doesn't have afterburner. That way I don't need to switch back and forth.

this is the correct way to go.

Personally, I have a 3d printed modified detent in my WH, that let's you push into the AB range without lifting anything

I just adjust the axis range so that the plane is at 100% mil when I hit the physical afterburner detent on the throttle even if the plane doesn't have afterburner. That way I don't need to switch back and forth.

If this just was possible in DCS. We have one Deadzone and 2 Saturation axes which basically also are deadzones. The fourth that we'd need to accomplish this, has been omitted totally by ED. All we can do is mess with the custom curve thing which is way less precise due to the 10% steps, plus that always will still have the 0% and 100% bits at the ends regardless of what you set the curves to.

Wait... while writing this. Your thing is possible, what's not possible is to "cut off" the after burner range so that full physical throttle is full MIL. Still very much needed possibility though.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

What I'm talking about is the fingerlift command in the Hornets controls. I use a Virpil throttle and its range is not the greatest. It's very precise, but I don't want to use my physical detents. I just want a push button to get into afterburner.

I don't want to use the throttle curves, i just want a button.

Please don't hijack the thread. This thread is about a push button to get into afterburner.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

What I'm talking about is the fingerlift command in the Hornets controls. I use a Virpil throttle and its range is not the greatest. It's very precise, but I don't want to use my physical detents. I just want a push button to get into afterburner.

I don't want to use the throttle curves, i just want a button.

Please don't hijack the thread. This thread is about a push button to get into afterburner.

I'd love this too.

this is the correct way to go.

Personally, I have a 3d printed modified detent in my WH, that let's you push into the AB range without lifting anything

Wow, that sounds great. Could you please let us know where u got it from?

Edit, all sorted found one on Shapeways.

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 1 month later...

Bump. Would really like to see this feature.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wow, that sounds great. Could you please let us know where u got it from?

Edit, all sorted found one on Shapeways.

I have the same it’s cheap and it works I recommend it.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Additionally I would like to see this option customizeable in the settings like for the Hornet. On my X52 I have the AB detent "finger lifts" button active only when on the carrier. Using the "finger lifts" button in-flight is impractical because I have to first reduce my physical throttle to about 70-80%, press the "finger lifts" button, then ram the throttle forward again for the AB to light.

Additionally I would like to see this option customizeable in the settings like for the Hornet. On my X52 I have the AB detent "finger lifts" button active only when on the carrier. Using the "finger lifts" button in-flight is impractical because I have to first reduce my physical throttle to about 70-80%, press the "finger lifts" button, then ram the throttle forward again for the AB to light.
Anytime the throttle is in the after burner range and the finger lift button is pressed it'll jump into the range.

Anytime the throttle is in the after burner range and the finger lift button is pressed it'll jump into the range.

Not on my X52. Physical throttle max, Hornet throttle MIL. Depress finger lifts key, I see the finger lifts move up in the sim, but the Hornet throttle remains in MIL. It will not jump to max unless I hold the finger lifts and reduce my physical throttle.

Not on my X52. Physical throttle max, Hornet throttle MIL. Depress finger lifts key, I see the finger lifts move up in the sim, but the Hornet throttle remains in MIL. It will not jump to max unless I hold the finger lifts and reduce my physical throttle.
Yeah. Any movement past the afterburner detent with the finger lift pressed will result in the correct response. But it needs to move.