What happens if some third party company close?

SilentSierra

I would hope if any studio were to foresee closing that they would make arrangements to transfer assets to another studio (1st or 3rd party) for continued support.

Hmm, from working in software for a great many years with some companies

that went down the crapper the only thing that happened once we

knew the axe was coming was to update our CV's and start looking for a new job.

Last thing on anyones mind was transfering stuff over, everyone

was just trying to save their own ass.

Edited by wash_hoban

Still rockin Windows 7 64bit

I know that nothing is forever. My point was: if I was not be able to fly again. The plataform is changing every week and the modules can be "broken" with new releases.

I have some FSX's stuffs, the game was dead since Microsoft closed the office, but the community is still flying, developing new stuffs and I still can fly any aircraft today with FSX-SE.

If DCS or some third party close, I hope there is some plan to be able the to fly with the last stable version.

I know that is not a ED problem and I have the free will to buy or not, but a module is very expensive in third world countries like Brazil, my money is not worth anything.

I'm a frustrated pilot like most people here, I have no problem to spend some money in my hobbies, I'm only hope to be able to fly again if something happens.

Edited by SilentSierra

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

What if ED would disappear one day and due to hardware changes etc. our license keys are all used. Will we be able to register a module again to fly?

Unless something changed, I believe activations will replenish once a month after being completely used up, but to a maximum of one. Meaning if ED goes out of business, as long as the Starforce servers are available, you could activate each module once every month.

All that the Master Server dose is look for the servers that support the version you are using.. From what I remember..

Also they said that they will patch out the DRM if the unthinkable happens.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 1 year later...

I understand that if you update DCS world then the modules wouldn't work if they too weren't updated, but if as I mentioned, tomorrow ED and all the makers of all the modules were not to be heard from again we would all be flying 1.5.6 forever on private servers...wouldn't that be the case?

I include DCS world in the big picture because of what happened to Jane's, nothing is forever.

Nothing that falls under the current "Phone Home" licensing protection will work, unless you had a heads up and could push the Play offline button ahead of the big crash. Premonitions are so reliable.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS