Windows Mixed Reality Discussion

NineLine

Your machine will easily be able to handle it - and yeah there's ASW now for WMR.

thanks for your reply.

Is there a guide or something i can follow to configure and tweat it ?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

thanks for your reply.

Is there a guide or something i can follow to configure and tweat it ?

I'm running a 1080ti, i7 8700k, 32gb of ram so you can use this for reference. Installed on an SSD and using the samsung odyssey. I use pixel density 1.5, everything set to high except shadows(medium) and civ traffic off. Grass and clutter I have the sliders close to the left but not completely off. Global shadows default, and I think 2x msaa.

Preload radius all the way up. I get pretty smooth performance single player and online on the hoggit server.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Just an update on those Widmovr lenses - I ordered Sep 22nd, they were dispatched Sep 27th and arrived (to Hong Kong) today (10th Oct), so two and a half weeks from order to delivery which is about normal for international stuff.

They don't arrive with any instructions, but they're actually fairly intuitive (once you try the wrong lens on the wrong eye like I did once...) and they just push into place and seem to be held by friction (they don't click into place or anything like that). Once they're on they seem solid.

The lenses are great - my vision is now as good in headset as it is wearing glasses outside of it - it's probably given me an effective 20-30% bump in resolution, which is always appreciated!

WIDMOVR Lense Adapters for Odyssey Headset

Thanks Backspace340 for the WIDMOVR idea! Here is what I have learned, in case others are interesting in buying lenses for their headset...

I just ordered the precision lense adapter for the Samsung Odyssey headset from WIDMOVR. Even though they are located in Poland (and I am in the U.S.) they are very easy to work with when answering questions. Their website has an online question form you can submit to them, and they were super-fast answering.

They said you can easily move their lense adapters on and off. I like this feature so I can remove my custom prescription WIDMOVR lenses and let my friends try out my F/A 18 simulator. Moving the WIDMOVR lenses on and off the Odyssey looks much easier than installing WIDMOVR lenses into the RIFT.

I asked for a discount code and they gave me S8H3B for 5% off. I asked if they will be discounting their lenses on Black Friday (11/23/18) and they said yes. Last year they gave a 20% discount on Black Friday.

Edited by WS

:thumbup:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Hopefully that one will sell in Europe...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Is it even released already?

that's weird... I just hope it'll get released in Europe, unlike the 1st Odyssey which isn't...

Since I already have the Odyssey I'm not getting the plus as the resolution is the same. Besides comfort and anti sde I don't see the reason to pay for it again.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

anti sde
?

It's suppose to minimize screen door effect. But I don't notice it much anyway on mine.

?

SETTING ODESSEY UP

I just got the Odyssey plus to-day and have no idea how to get DCS to work I have Steam VR installed but keeps saying VR not set up. I have uninstalled Oculus if that makes a differance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

I just got the Odyssey plus to-day and have no idea how to get DCS to work I have Steam VR installed but keeps saying VR not set up. I have uninstalled Oculus if that makes a differance

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5608-UPAH-6427

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

SETTING ODESSEY UP

Did you install the Windows Mixed Reality for Steam VR in Steam?

got it working had to put a peace of tape over the sensor light in HMD so mouse would work with DCS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

I just got a Lenovo Explorer today and it's an improvement over the DK2 :) So now I have a DK2, Rift and Explorer. I also ordered a VRCover for it since it's not very comfortable. The performance is not like with the DK2, which is understandable. However, it's a lot clearer. I have it living on our demo system. It was cheap, too! I recommend to anyone who wants to get into VR without more than a hundred bucks to spend.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

OMG nice!! If no scam, then the world of full DCS experience just reached a faaaar bigger audience! Now they can spend those extra Dollars on the Thrustmaster T.16000 HOTAS and on a GTX 1070 or better! Man 90$ is an epic price!

who needs those, f*** those other Steam games that require controllers! xD HOTAS are the real deal ;)